Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I've just thought of the bring a mate for a £10 or whatever it was, but that was an annoying deal as you had to move ST seats as most of the time the £10 seats were not in your area. He also has a poor track record on promotions for kids, schools and clubs. In fact his argument is that the club makes little money from these sales.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A large part of his job is to make the club as profitable as possible, but typical of many bosses, his answers are only cuts and price increases.£5 for the ticket office to print a ticket?

You should probably email Tony Bloom your concerns and let him know he is being duped

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't suppose Tony is, but we are.

Well Tony Bloom has appointed PB to run his business for him and is paying him handsomely to do so, including performance bonuses presumably so if you think he is under performing or whatever you should let him know.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A large part of his job is to make the club as profitable as possible, but typical of many bosses, his answers are only cuts and price increases.£5 for the ticket office to print a ticket?

Is it ?
Last time i looked It was £1.50 for the ticket office to print a ticket booked over the phone and collected, £1 for online and free for print at home.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've just thought of the bring a mate for a £10 or whatever it was, but that was an annoying deal as you had to move ST seats as most of the time the £10 seats were not in your area. He also has a poor track record on promotions for kids, schools and clubs. In fact his argument is that the club makes little money from these sales.

The ST holders can bring 2 friends for £10 is obviously something Barber/club thinks is worth doing and generates revenue or creates future fans as they've brought it back for this season. First run out is Rotherham at home in August.
As for promotions for schools / football clubs in the shelf etc then not sure if Barber has ever said that or where anyone has concluded he has a "poor track record" although i've heard its sometimes been bumpy. There's a balance between selling tickets / giving them away to create future fans. And I'm sure there is lots more they could do .
That said I know they've nearly filled up the shelf for many games this season and are continuing to offer big discounts to clubs who take up this offer.
I know. I bought 130 tickets for my club v Huddersfield in January and i'm about to do likewise for a game in November. Its a great day out for kids who've never been to a game before. A fine initiative. If you're looking for one.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ok, can you tell me as many things as you can think of (or even just one as CE of the Albion), where Barber has generated money from an initiative (as I said in my previous post, not including cuts, price increases or sponsors).

Bands on outside the Amex on match days, food outlets outside the stadium, merchandise and ticket sales on Brighton railway station. Shall I go on?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Bands on outside the Amex on match days, food outlets outside the stadium, merchandise and ticket sales on Brighton railway station. Shall I go on?

Not good enough I'm afraid, the ticket sales at the station are there because the club shop closed in queens road. The bands? Don't see how that generates cash. Food outlets outside the ground, well... dahh! There should be more of these than there are and the should be more beer sales outside too, missing out badly there.
Do go on..

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not good enough I'm afraid, the ticket sales at the station are there because the club shop closed in queens road. The bands? Don't see how that generates cash. Food outlets outside the ground, well... dahh! There should be more of these than there are and the should be more beer sales outside too, missing out badly there.
Do go on..

Indeed, these things are being introduced due to the council gradually relaxing the stadium's planning restrictions, not due to Barber's (or anyone else's) acumen.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Is it ?
Last time i looked It was £1.50 for the ticket office to print a ticket booked over the phone and collected, £1 for online and free for print at home.

Well the last time my mates print at home ticket didn't work, they sent him to the ticket office and he was charged £5 for them to print one for him.
Even in the situation you describe. Why charge to print it at all?
I might have known you'd show up as soon as a PB criticism is made, you are becoming his official apologist.

This isn't a general PB rant, it's pointing out that all of his so called 'good' work always leaves the fans worse off, no matter how many awards he wins. He does have plus points and is approachable, but this charge is wrong without adding more spaces to enjoy pre match at the stadium, be it inside or out.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Do go on..

If you cannot see how bands generate cash then your lack of commercial nous is not worth bothering with.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If you cannot see how bands generate cash then your lack of commercial nous is not worth bothering with.

Dear oh dear mate. So the band sells tickets?
It would actually compliment selling of food and drinks if, a) there were more food outlets all around the ground, and b) were more beer sales apart from 1 Harveys van that stops selling at 2.15. I'm sorry I don't know why you are getting hung up on this. Barber is an axeman, that's how he appears to operate. I think it's wrong to take away a place where many families and friends congregated without making other improvements the the outside and concourses for pre and post match experience. He is just wrong on this one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Two catering outlets will pay a set amount to have their vans next to the bandstand. The club won't get profits from their sales.
They would probably be there anyway, because of the slackening of the planning permission, not because amateur bands are playing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ha ! he's quite capable at apologising for himself on here thanks v.much. :)

Ever heard of why have a dog and bark yourself. Thats YOU that is.

He doesn't need to as you are on here scrutinising every tiny criticism of dear leader.

I'm looking forward to a link with a quote now you boring tit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here