Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you like your first name? Would you change it, if you could?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Thank **** my parents didn't follow through with their desire to name me, urgh...

<-------

Have to make do with it being one of my middle names. My first name is alright though, got to hand it to them for seeing sense eventually.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
6129df4edf6ffebd8509ffb79bde3375.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Quite happy with David. good solid name. it means beloved, which might sound a bit wimpy, but.......

One name I would not like is Rupert. One of my brothers in law went to the registry office 40 years ago under strict instruction to name his first born son Rupert. He came home with a birth certificate with William on it. Lucky old William, I say.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
When I was adopted my Mum tried to change my first name to Kevin. She wasn't allowed too. She was pretty intuitive, but a Kevin I am not.

I got to choose my last name when I was christened at four.

Good on you.
I was supposed to be an Edward after my late uncle Teddy, but my mum changed that and called me Kevin! In fairness it was the only thing she ever did that hurt me, and I forgave her by the time I turned 35.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
When I was in my first job in the late 80's / early 90's there was a young woman in our office who'd officially changed her name from something like Alison Smith to Boris Karloff.....

I also have a friend whom I and others have always known as Michael, but when we meet up with another group of his friends and ex-colleagues they call him Paul. It can get a little confusing....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good on you.
I was supposed to be an Edward after my late uncle Teddy, but my mum changed that and called me Kevin! In fairness it was the only thing she ever did that hurt me, and I forgave her by the time I turned 35.

I have friends who are Kevins, they are very nice people. I've got nothing against them, as long as they keep themselves to themselves......

:lolol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I am formally a Kenneth, but only get called that if in trouble. Mainly just a Ken but do like Kenny for those young, foolish, moments.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I was Christened Coln Howard and hate both names. I am known as Sam which is part of my Surname.

It's aoways difficult to explain to work colleagues when starting a new job.

My name is Greg. It's short for Gregory. I hate my name. The only person who calls me Gregory is my mum when she is annoyed or telling me off!

If i could change my name I would change it to Marcus or Marc.

Does your name say something about you? My grandfather was called Archibald but he was never bald...

Septimus Madras would do for me:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here