Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit announcement date and time being announced at 4:30

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't stand football shirts with collars.

Fair enough.

I'm too old for football shirts now anyway, the last one I bought was a Skint one. But collars were never a factor for me. The only football shirt I wear now is my retro one, and that has a collar, seems alright.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fine by me if it is. I liked the volt, and being a solid colour meant there wasn't a stupid great big panel on the front.

I loved the volt colour, but I didn't like the button up collar.

As for the colour of it's replacement, could be black, or navy perhaps? emerald green?, claret?

I guess we won't have long to find out now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
true - I am more annoyed at the absolute shambles of it all. We were being run very well especially on the marketing side and now it just seems toilet.
At least it is a nice memory of the Withdean Argentina kit farce

Shambles ? A Farce ? "toilet" ?
A kit announcement. ?

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So.. either of these two.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    763.7 KB · Views: 556
  • Untitled-2.png
    Untitled-2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 549

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So.. either of these two.

Both of them are actually pretty nice.

Part of my genuinely thinks that they have spread the two kits apart because they see this (the away) as being very popular and don't want to potentially damage sales with people getting annoyed with the home kit. They may have seen all the negative comments regarding it

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough.

I'm too old for football shirts now anyway, the last one I bought was a Skint one. But collars were never a factor for me. The only football shirt I wear now is my retro one, and that has a collar, seems alright.

I'm with you - I'll only wear my 98/99 Donatellos kit which has an almost Travolta-esque collar, compared with what the kids wear these days.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Knockaert? Home kit? Did I miss something?
I'm assuming the shot of Knockaert on the official announcement yesterday (which is also blacked out) is the home kit. Tbf it could be the away, but he's our "star" player so an educated guess says he's modelling the home and Kayal the away.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm assuming the shot of Knockaert on the official announcement yesterday (which is also blacked out) is the home kit. Tbf it could be the away, but he's our "star" player so an educated guess says he's modelling the home and Kayal the away.

Whereas I just assumed that it was a stock image that they had with the shirt blacked out!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

As an aside, remember two years ago when JFC was our poster boy "star" player!??!? We've come a long way...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Part of my genuinely thinks that they have spread the two kits apart because they see this (the away) as being very popular and don't want to potentially damage sales with people getting annoyed with the home kit. They may have seen all the negative comments regarding it

Agreed. The home shirt HAS to be stripes and that poses problems with the Amex logo, leading to the rubbery panel.

The away kit can be a solid colour, permitting separate letters, which is far more pleasing to the eye.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
"Full colour" So it's purple then.

But as the SUSPENSE is mounting. Should we all get together to discuss the pros and cons of a MONOCHROME BADGE?

Attachments

• Untitled-3.png
    Untitled-3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 729

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here