Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bycicle theft.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I keep mine inside my flat and I would never leave it outside a shop or pub, locked up or not. It's not exactly a £50 bike though, but scum will nick anything so why give them the opportunity to do so? I hope you get it back.

theboybilly

I keep mine inside my flat and I would never leave it outside a shop or pub, locked up or not. It's not exactly a £50 bike though, but scum will nick anything so why give them the opportunity to do so? I hope you get it back.

That's why I have a 'pub' bike. It's not exactly a scrapper but I wouldn't be overly concerned should it get pinched as it cost me next to nothing. But I've bought a very good lock which serves to lock my better bikes too when I'm out. The trick is to keep as much of the bike INSIDE the security system whether it be a heavy chain or. like mine, a u-lock. This will make it much harder to get a purchase with a bottle jack or other prizing tool. Add a strong cable for the wheels and you should always come back to your bike.
But you'll never beat a Brompton...my weapon of choice.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
A guy at my local cycles everywhere. His bike has no brakes, is jammed in one gear, the chain just misses the ground it is so loose, the seat is a combinations of old t-shirts and carrier bags and the wheels are buckled.
He does lock it up and has been lucky so far in keeping hold of it but I sense that one day his luck will run out.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
On the plus side I picked up a replacement via gum tree from a legitimate seller for £30 (it had been festering in their shed for the thick end of a decade and they were having a clear out), Aaron's Bikes in Farm Road replaced the innertubes, tyres, brake pads and gave it a mini service for £30.

.....and I had Portugal in the sweepstake at work and won £60.

Spent £20 on a half decent lock which I clearly needed anyway.

And I've learned how to spell bicycle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here