Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rampion Wind Farm

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wind turbines are a very inefficent means of generating energy. Only about 45 % efficiency.Tidal and solar are the real way forward. So why have we seen such a rise in the building of turbines in the past 6 years? You'd have to ask David Cameron's in-laws about that.

Dec 29, 2011
Started putting the turbines in recently, I never realised how big/close they are. Definitely spoiled the view from the beach no mater how green they are. They look awful.

It's subjective and probably a generational thing too. All my friends (early 20s) think they look great. I can't wait to be sitting on the beach with the sun setting behind them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's subjective and probably a generational thing too. All my friends (early 20s) think they look great. I can't wait to be sitting on the beach with the sun setting behind them.

The certainly look nicer than factory chimneys belching out carbon monoxide. I think they're a huge waste of time and money but they look good.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I'm sure there will be no end of posters on here saying that it's precisely a bad thing: ruins the view, waste of money, doesn't generate much energy, and such other things.
They'll be the very same people who also campaign to eliminate Nuclear Power, Fracking, Coal power pollution, estuary tidal barrage generation and land based wind farms...... make of that what you will.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They'll be the very same people who also campaign to eliminate Nuclear Power, Fracking, Coal power pollution, estuary tidal barrage generation and land based wind farms...... make of that what you will.

I'm not sure what to make of this. On your list, I can see certain things that I'm of the view:
-- we shouldn't do
-- we might have to do in the short- to mid-term
-- we should do
Your list suggests that certain posters are opposed to anything and everything. At the outer fringes of the green movement -- the 'dark' greens -- there are those that oppose anything and everything related to development and energy generation, but I'm yet to come across one on NSC. Perhaps you could name a few, just to support your post.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The certainly look nicer than factory chimneys belching out carbon monoxide. I think they're a huge waste of time and money but they look good.

I hate them, for me the view to sea is fanastical, imagining what's beyond the horizon, I used to like wandering across to SBS beach and relaxing for 30 mins just gazing out - The turbines put an end to that, just a personal view of course....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Started putting the turbines in recently, I never realised how big/close they are. Definitely spoiled the view from the beach no mater how green they are. They look awful.
I think they look fantastic, so that's just personal taste. I also think the Amex stadium looks fantastic and enhances the downland, I'm sure there are others who disagree.

And also I'm sure that if the internet had been around in the eighteenth century or whatever then 'FoxHuntingChat' (or similar) would be full of posts condemning the ghastly windmills that have been springing up and spoiling the view of the South Downs. Those Jack and Jill windmills may help make cheaper local bread, but they are two terrible blots on the landscape.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hate them, for me the view to sea is fanastical, imagining what's beyond the horizon, I used to like wandering across to SBS beach and relaxing for 30 mins just gazing out - The turbines put an end to that, just a personal view of course....

I too live in Shoreham-by-Sea on beachside and think they're good. The ****ing 6 storey retail and luxury apartment block that has stolen 1/3 of my view of the Downs and what Grotbags has turned the Waterside into bother me far, far more.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think they look fantastic, so that's just personal taste. I also think the Amex stadium looks fantastic and enhances the downland, I'm sure there are others who disagree.

And also I'm sure that if the internet had been around in the eighteenth century or whatever then 'FoxHuntingChat' (or similar) would be full of posts condemning the ghastly windmills that have been springing up and spoiling the view of the South Downs. Those Jack and Jill windmills may help make cheaper local bread, but they are two terrible blots on the landscape.

As much as I love the amex how anyone can say it enhances the downland will have to explain that hypothesis

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As much as I love the amex how anyone can say it enhances the downland will have to explain that hypothesis

Could the words- sympathetically compliment

,be acceptable?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

They're eight miles away.

The view isn't spoiled - it's enhanced.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

What, the ones who despise the notion of destroying the planet?

Yeah, outrageous. :facepalm:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My hate of their progress is the white scar they have left across the South Downs where they have buried their cable without any sign of making good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's all get stick rubbing then boys... it seems to be the only way to keep warm...

Or harness the steam which comes out of your ears?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here