Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rampion Wind Farm

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Does any of the money come into the Brighton economy since its the view we have to live with?

Who owns the land?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the land, the seabed, will be Crown estate.

wiki says office for admin and engineering is based in Newhaven, so they'll probably see most the benefits of jobs etc.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
the land, the seabed, will be Crown estate.

wiki says office for admin and engineering is based in Newhaven, so they'll probably see most the benefits of jobs etc.

Thats good to hear for the jobs, so we work it but the Royals own the land and recieve the rent.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pleased to see this. Will get up a lot quicker than the renewal of, e.g., Hinkley Point. Will also reduce our reliance on Putin's profligate gas. Renewables are producing a lot more of the energy mix than many credit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thats good to hear for the jobs, so we work it but the Royals own the land and recieve the rent.

Crown Estate is a corporation that owns manages many of the state's assets, revenues going to the treasury. hasnt been owned by "the Royals" for over 250 years.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There were a load of people in the pub in Newhaven the other night who were working on it. They were all from Hull and Manchester.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Crown Estate is a corporation that owns manages many of the state's assets, revenues going to the treasury. hasnt been owned by "the Royals" for over 250 years.

The Treasury does well from it and it is not owned by the Royals indeed. There is a Sovereign Grant though. This year the Queen received a grant of nearly £43m, currently calculated at 15% of the Crown Estate's profits.The Sovereign Grant, which is paid two years in arrears, is reviewed every five years. Charlie likes the wind farms for more than just eco reasons.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
You make it sound like a bad thing. Can't wait to see them.

Nope I'm saying that its our environment and view and would be nice to know we are directly gaining as a community given it will be a constant reminder on the horizon. But if you're happy just seeing them turn around then fair enough.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Nope I'm saying that its our environment and view and would be nice to know we are directly gaining as a community given it will be a constant reminder on the horizon. But if you're happy just seeing them turn around then fair enough.

We will be gaining as a community by having an increase in the amount of power supplied by a renewable source.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
We will be gaining as a community by having an increase in the amount of power supplied by a renewable source.

With reduced energy bills thus enticing other communities to welcome renewable energy projects?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I asked for documents regarding the environmental impact of it all about 4 or 5 years ago actually. It's all positive, it's OK.

If you're actually interested you could have googled it. Positive impacts page 7.
http://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/Published/C00000689/M00004686/AI00035839/$20131008140125_004758_0018882_LocalImpactReportforRampionWindfarmbyBHCC.docA.ps.pdf

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here