Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring the noise

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
So, the season is fast approaching and I would just like to outline i will NOT be taking part in the "Viking Clap" which is no doubt going to happen. It's Iceland's, leave it to them. (P.s can't believe the French tried ripping it off last night vs Germany)

On that note, does anyone have any new material? We need to become more coordinated. Better songs, more atmosphere and really get behind the boys every game (queue jokes from other clubs supporters about getting behind boys)....

I am going to miss the Calde songs though :tantrum:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
S u s s e x B y T h e S e a

slowly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that I can say with some certainty that we will be doing the Viking clap. It won't be in time and it will look and sound shit but along with every other club in the country we are sure to give it a go.

We can't even get GOSBTS right and we've had a century of practice, so what hope of making the Viking clap sound menacing?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Absolutely ****ing tinpot if we copy the Viking clap.

Sadly inevitable though. The police box mob will have already have skinny little ragers going in their primark y fronts at the thought of doing it at the Amex.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Will grigg tune

Croydons on fire
Palace are a bunch of c* *ts

or if we ever play again

Your towns on fire
You are just a bunch of c?**ts

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
So, the season is fast approaching and I would just like to outline i will NOT be taking part in the "Viking Clap" which is no doubt going to happen. It's Iceland's, leave it to them. (P.s can't believe the French tried ripping it off last night vs Germany)

On that note, does anyone have any new material? We need to become more coordinated. Better songs, more atmosphere and really get behind the boys every game (queue jokes from other clubs supporters about getting behind boys)....

I am going to miss the Calde songs though :tantrum:

Think you will find it is Motherwell's not Icelands.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The Iceland clap is the perfect song for us as it starts slowly and then speeds up halfway through to a point where nobody can keep up with it for no real reason.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The problem with doing the Viking Clap properly is that its led by a drummer at the front of the crowd. So does it mean we will have to have drum in the ground??

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The thing with the clap chant, for me anyway, is that it worked because it sounds like a proper war-cry coming from a nation comprised of amateurs; where a fair percentage of their population turned up to support. It's a "f**k you, we're Iceland and we're going to give it a f**king good go" type thing.

It is nothing to us, an utterly meaningless chant. It just sounds cool. When done right. Which we won't / can't do. Hell, we can't even crank out a half decent attempt at GOSBTS most of the time.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Everyone have forgotten the Sheff Wed game when the atmosphere was best BHA atmosphere in history.

We can do it , everything just has to align right.

No amount of clackers , song sheets , drums , words on screen , singing sections will make it align for middle class sussex.

A dodgy ref seems to be the best spark for us

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here