Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Chestnut reclaims 4th of July crown eating 70 hot dogs in 10 minutes

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wish I hadn't started this now:-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/22/bacon-eating-world-record-matt-stonie_n_6730362.html

Matt ‘Megatoad’ Stonie, one of Major League Eating’s top two eaters in the world, just set the bacon-eating record by housing 182 slices in five minutes...
...It wasn’t immediately clear whether Chestnut would try to pilfer the pork record, but Stonie can rest easy knowing that today is his day. In fact, it has been his month — he has set several records in Florida, including today’s in Daytona and a 14.5-pound birthday cake eating record set in West Palm Beach on Feb. 14.[/I

Jesus H on a solar powered bike!

I love bacon, but one slice has my finger joints all stiff due to the nitrosamines. If I had 180 of the buggers I'd be in traction for a week :shootself:lolol:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I wish I hadn't started this now:-

Matt ‘Megatoad’ Stonie, one of Major League Eating’s top two eaters in the world, just set the bacon-eating record by housing 182 slices in five minutes...
...It wasn’t immediately clear whether Chestnut would try to pilfer the pork record, but Stonie can rest easy knowing that today is his day. In fact, it has been his month — he has set several records in Florida, including today’s in Daytona and a 14.5-pound birthday cake eating record set in West Palm Beach on Feb. 14.

American bacon is disgusting (all fat and salt). I'll only eat Canadian or Irish bacon - it's expensive but worth it. You cannot beat British bacon but unfortunately it's rarely available in the States.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
I watched this on TV in Washington it was awful viewing ... these guys looked as if they were going to throw up live on TV at any moment ...
From what I could gather the secret was to dip the hotdog bun in water to soften it ... then slide the sausage down (whole?) god knows what their insides must be like after all that abuse
Car crash TV at its very worst ...
The queue for the latrines afterwards must have been a sight to behold ....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
American bacon is disgusting (all fat and salt). I'll only eat Canadian or Irish bacon - it's expensive but worth it. You cannot beat British bacon but unfortunately it's rarely available in the States.

Canadian bacon isn't that much better than American bacon IMO. I'm yet to find anywhere which sells bacon that contains much... well, bacon. It seems to always be largely made up of fat. At least if I cook it myself I can avoid cremating it.

Bacon cooked in maple syrup is pretty good though :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Love the fact they have weigh ins and qualifying rounds!

Was there in November last year and managed 1. Going back next year and this time I reckon I,ll go for 2 or 3. They're quite thin and very tasty. We went there to see if The Warriors were there but they were out bopping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here