Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not sure what gender brings to the party to be honest I find it pretty irrelevant. I'd have plumped for the title 'Our next Prime Minister will be anti Gay Rights.'

if i said to you last month that you have to knob the next PM doggy i bet you £10 you would be interested in PM`s gender

i understand this is not a requirement for top dog of the tory party

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
What I found strange was how the BBC reported the story of two women going head to head for the top job in the Tory party, concentrate on their policies or motivation, no of course not, let's focus on shoes. Now i'm not a fan of either but you would think that in todays society we could move away from such trivia, if it was a man would we want to know about his Oxford Brogues? Seems we still have some way to go yet!!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
mAY AND lEADSO.jpg

Ow
Hate them both, and I loathe the Tories.
But this lands a blow, I'll give you that!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Conservative leadership hopeful Andrea Leadsom’s charity appears to have failed to declare a potential conflict of interest over its funding, BuzzFeed News can reveal.
BuzzFeed News revealed on Thursday that her early-years intervention charity Parent Infant Partnership (PIP) UK received its main financial support from the Ana Leaf Foundation, which is run by Leadsom’s sister Hayley and brother-in-law Peter de Putron, a Guernsey-based investment manager.
The funding should have been registered on the accounts of both the foundation and Leadsom’s charity as a “related party transaction”, a term used to identify people or entities closely connected to close family. However, this has not been done.
While failure to register such relationships is not illegal unless payments are going to specific individuals, it is regarded in the charity sector as bad practice and goes against the Nolan principles, a set of standards drawn up by the government for which public institutions are supposed to aim. They include “accountability, openness and honesty”, and are outlined on PIP’s own website.
The main reason charities are urged to register such payments is to prevent conflicts of interest – examples of which could be funding a job for someone’s son or daughter or bankrolling “sock-puppet” charities that only exist to augment a relative’s career.
There is no evidence that PIP UK is not a legitimate charity. However, as BuzzFeed News pointed out yesterday, Dr Miriam Silver, a clinical psychologist who was involved in the project’s early years, has previously raised concerns about “a second agenda” at the organisation.
She expressed concerns that the charity was “designed to promote the MP who founded the project and her political party which was of more importance than our clinical goals, although this was never explicit”.
Calls and emails from BuzzFeed News to Leadsom’s office and the Ana Leaf Foundation went unanswered. But Leadsom’s spokesperson told us earlier this week that she had “absolutely not” set up the charity in order to become an MP and “did not do work on child mental health for political reasons”.Leadsom is facing intense media scrutiny over her financial affairs and links to offshore money through the de Putrons.
BuzzFeed News revealed on Thursday that the Ana Leaf Foundation contributed more than £670,000 to Leadsom’s charity between 2013 and 2015 – and that the foundation’s sole donor for those two years was a company owned by Peter de Putron.
Leadsom is now battling with Theresa May to become the next prime minister following the final ballot of Tory MPs, which eliminated the justice secretary, Michael Gove. She won 84 votes to May’s 199.
She was hit by further controversy yesterday after BuzzFeed News revealed she had organised a school exchange project with a Ugandan centre co-run by an anti-gay Christian group that performs “gay cure” ministries and whose founder condemned homosexual love as “a sin”.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Conservative leadership hopeful Andrea Leadsom’s charity appears to have failed to declare a potential conflict of interest over its funding, BuzzFeed News can reveal.
BuzzFeed News revealed on Thursday that her early-years intervention charity Parent Infant Partnership (PIP) UK received its main financial support from the Ana Leaf Foundation, which is run by Leadsom’s sister Hayley and brother-in-law Peter de Putron, a Guernsey-based investment manager.
The funding should have been registered on the accounts of both the foundation and Leadsom’s charity as a “related party transaction”, a term used to identify people or entities closely connected to close family. However, this has not been done.
While failure to register such relationships is not illegal unless payments are going to specific individuals, it is regarded in the charity sector as bad practice and goes against the Nolan principles, a set of standards drawn up by the government for which public institutions are supposed to aim. They include “accountability, openness and honesty”, and are outlined on PIP’s own website.
The main reason charities are urged to register such payments is to prevent conflicts of interest – examples of which could be funding a job for someone’s son or daughter or bankrolling “sock-puppet” charities that only exist to augment a relative’s career.
There is no evidence that PIP UK is not a legitimate charity. However, as BuzzFeed News pointed out yesterday, Dr Miriam Silver, a clinical psychologist who was involved in the project’s early years, has previously raised concerns about “a second agenda” at the organisation.
She expressed concerns that the charity was “designed to promote the MP who founded the project and her political party which was of more importance than our clinical goals, although this was never explicit”.
Calls and emails from BuzzFeed News to Leadsom’s office and the Ana Leaf Foundation went unanswered. But Leadsom’s spokesperson told us earlier this week that she had “absolutely not” set up the charity in order to become an MP and “did not do work on child mental health for political reasons”.Leadsom is facing intense media scrutiny over her financial affairs and links to offshore money through the de Putrons.
BuzzFeed News revealed on Thursday that the Ana Leaf Foundation contributed more than £670,000 to Leadsom’s charity between 2013 and 2015 – and that the foundation’s sole donor for those two years was a company owned by Peter de Putron.
Leadsom is now battling with Theresa May to become the next prime minister following the final ballot of Tory MPs, which eliminated the justice secretary, Michael Gove. She won 84 votes to May’s 199.
She was hit by further controversy yesterday after BuzzFeed News revealed she had organised a school exchange project with a Ugandan centre co-run by an anti-gay Christian group that performs “gay cure” ministries and whose founder condemned homosexual love as “a sin”.
Sounds like she's Dodgier than Dave [emoji38]ol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sounds like she's Dodgier than Dave [emoji38]ol:

She voted for and against gay marriage. Not for it, as she's Christian even though The Church wouldn't have to perform it if she voted for it, though she's got nothing against gays obviously.
She was against leaving The EU as it would be 'be a disaster for our economy'. Now she's all for it.
There's all these question marks about her CV, but there's nothing wrong there apparently.
She wants to lift the ban of fox hunting, because it's cruel to foxes and obviously some of her constituents like riding round in red jackets shouting 'Tally Ho!' at vermin.
She's got no cabinet experience, but want's to be Prime Minister.
She still hasn't released her tax returns.
She's now got links to a 'gay cure' ministry in Uganda.

Obviously it's up to the good rank-and-file members of The Conservative party to decide, but I'm just starting to wonder if Leadsom might not be the best choice and whether she might be a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
By the sounds of it he's quite busy indoors with a couple of laminated photos of Leadsom and Dame Vera, and a large piece of chicken liver with a slit in it.
:eek::sick:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
At least Thatcher knew what she wanted and what she believed in. You knew what you were getting, even if you loathed it - I wouldn't trust either of these two.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
She voted for and against gay marriage. Not for it, as she's Christian even though The Church wouldn't have to perform it if she voted for it, though she's got nothing against gays obviously.
She was against leaving The EU as it would be 'be a disaster for our economy'. Now she's all for it.
There's all these question marks about her CV, but there's nothing wrong there apparently.
She wants to lift the ban of fox hunting, because it's cruel to foxes and obviously some of her constituents like riding round in red jackets shouting 'Tally Ho!' at vermin.
She's got no cabinet experience, but want's to be Prime Minister.
She still hasn't released her tax returns.
She's now got links to a 'gay cure' ministry in Uganda.

Obviously it's up to the good rank-and-file members of The Conservative party to decide, but I'm just starting to wonder if Leadsom might not be the best choice and whether she might be a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal.

I could imagine Leadson being head of the local WI. Shows what a mess the Tories are in if she is the other choice

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Both candidates want to leave the European Convention on Human Rights, so that's something to look forward to.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Leadsom is now denying a Times article published today which I've read and just heard a transcript of on TV which backs up the article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36752865

Saw her on Marr and she was useless IMHO (I know others on here did not agree), now she seems to have said in an interview with The Times that she is the best candidate because she has children but that she wouldn't want that reported as it would be unkind [to May who wasn't able to have children I believe] - at best it is foolish, also maybe cruel and certainly inept for a person who wants to be trusted with the most important negotiations for a generation between different parties with skilled politicians.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Andrea Leadsom has the smile of a Roald Dahl villain with a touch of Nurse Ratched.

Imagine PMQs if she wins. Her and JC; please set your watches back 35 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here