Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't people keep cows as pets?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think the majority of cows are kept in fields, although I could be wrong.

6 months of the year inside and 6 months outside is about the average. Even for the organic milk industry. A small percentage, however, are reared only indoors and never get to see grass growing let alone eat it fresh. This is the future of the industry. These would probably make the best pets as they would have no expectation of the world outside the spare bedroom.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
6 months of the year inside and 6 months outside is about the average. Even for the organic milk industry. A small percentage, however, are reared only indoors and never get to see grass growing let alone eat it fresh. This is the future of the industry. These would probably make the best pets as they would have no expectation of the world outside the spare bedroom.

That's wrong if they don't get to go outside. :down:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
when you get bored with your cat or hamster you can just toss it into a wheelie bin or canal.
not so easy with a cow,not a practical pet at all.......so im out.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Especially if they are called Gary.

Wears a hat with aplomb.

82b.jpg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
They certainly don't look upon cows as such in Aberdeen. There was a celebrated case in The Press and Journal a number of years back, maybe even true, where a motorist was up in court for having, er, carnal knowledge of a cow. In his defence, the defendant claimed he got caught short on the way back from the pub, nipped over a dyke to relieve himself, and the cow reversed into him. Not sure if it ever stood up in court...

I'll get me goat :down:

You remember that story of the guy who was having his wicked way with a goat in a field I'm sure. Spotted by people from a train. Best thing about it was after whatever his punishment was he told a newspaper that the worst thing about it was his mates wouldn't stop going on about it :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here