Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't people keep cows as pets?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Cows are characterful, they have different moos based on their mooods and big licky tongues. They are no bigger than horses (I'm not saying we should ride them) and the ones without horns seem friendly to humans.

It would be nice if we didn't look upon them as meat machines or milk machines.

Do you think we should have a more enlightened approach towards these intelligent creatures?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine keeping one in a central Brighton flat could be fun and you might be seen as pretty cool or totally insane

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
3182380074089823787.jpg

Here's one of the buggers that faced me off on the banks of the Ouse a number of years ago. Cows scare the shite out of me sometimes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cows are characterful, they have different moos based on their mooods and big licky tongues. They are no bigger than horses (I'm not saying we should ride them) and the ones without horns seem friendly to humans.

They certainly don't look upon cows as such in Aberdeen. There was a celebrated case in The Press and Journal a number of years back, maybe even true, where a motorist was up in court for having, er, carnal knowledge of a cow. In his defence, the defendant claimed he got caught short on the way back from the pub, nipped over a dyke to relieve himself, and the cow reversed into him. Not sure if it ever stood up in court...

I'll get me goat :down:

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
You would been to take a bin liner with to go walkies, although you would know if its going to rain or not I suppose

I'm saying why not treat them like horses as in keeping them in a field. It doesn't matter if they poo. In fact it's makes good fertiliser for the garden and allotments.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm saying why not treat them like horses as in keeping them in a field. It doesn't matter if they poo. In fact it's makes good fertiliser for the garden and allotments.

When I lived in Botswana, cows used to literally roam the streets. Streets with cow mess in them are far worse than streets with dog mess. Trust me.

A8FFtUyCQAEm-Qj.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Do you think we should have a more enlightened approach towards these intelligent creatures?

I am absolutely with you on this one. Cows, (particularly calves), and I have a really good rapport.

The local farmer often leaves his herd in the field behind my house, so the cows and I are on first name terms. In fact just last week Daisy & I were having a chat, when she nuzzled her nose into my cardy. This is nice I thought, and then she suddenly blew her nose.

I haven't been back since.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
When I lived in Botswana, cows used to literally roam the streets. Streets with cow mess in them are far worse than streets with dog mess. Trust me.

attachment.php

But people get used to them. Where I grew up in the Chiltern Hills, horses and cows used the roads and there was poo everywhere on the road and on car wheels. My mum used to go round the village with a shovel to pick up the cow pats and horse poo to use in her allotment.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Ive said many times it would be cheaper and cooler to keep a cow in our office, as well as saving me from pottering to the shop constantly to buy Milk. The amounts consumed in my office are unbeliveable.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But people get used to them. Where I grew up in the Chiltern Hills, horses and cows used the roads and there was poo everywhere on the road and on car wheels. My mum used to go round the village with a shovel to pick up the cow pats and horse poo to use in her allotment.

Think of a cow pat when the suns shining and it's nearly 40c. The flies seemed to love them though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here