Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sausages! What's your favourite?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Jesus are they still good? When I lived in that part of the world 45 yrs ago they were the mutts nuts then, people would go for miles to get them. . If love to taste them again.

What do they make them with now?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wickenden's in Hangleton make a mean sausage - their marmite one it particularly good - and I don't even like marmite !!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wickenden's in Hangleton make a mean sausage - their marmite one it particularly good - and I don't even like marmite !!!

We go there every month for the monthly hamper. Great value and lovely marmite sausages!

Also do an amazingly well priced "hand" of ham for pulled pork.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Bought some packs of wild boar sausages from the Heathfield show a few years back. They were totally delicious.

Tried to find the butcher who made them by checking on-line but no success. Reading this thread has just reminded me of them.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I've been having a lot of PROBLEMS with my SAUSAGE lately, for some reason they have become LIMP and GREASY and I'm SEETHING. I tweeted Tesco's to ask what they had done to it but no good bar saying it was a NEW recipe, well the new recipe is SHIT.

I wish I could find a SAUSAGE to my tastes but Walls are crap as are M & S, Richmond and Co-op, it's most infuriating.

Check the amount of meat,any with 97% are worth a try

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Tesco do a range of flavoured sausages - I've taken a liking to the caramelised onion option - luvery in a doorstep sandwich with a fried egg on top and a squirt of Tom sauce - yum !

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Where does she stand on black pudding becsuse that's a sausage isn't it but served as a disc. Confusing, if anything.

I love black pudding. I generally don't fry it and I eat it as it is because it has already been boiled. A proper black pudding to me must have globules of fat inside to give it flavour.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is this the bloke who used to have the stall outside Hassocks Garden Centre on a weekend morning?

If it is then I work with his son. I buy my sausages from him. And they are AMAZING.

Haven't seen his stall at the garden centre for a while but to be honest I haven't been there for quite a while.

For the world cup a couple of year ago he did a whole new range inspired by teams in it. The Paraguayan and Chilean themed ones were out of this world and quite frankly stunning.

That bloke really knows his stuff.

Gary Knight, the Ditchling Sausage Company.........................the stall is now inside the Garden Centre in the new food hall they've opened. http://www.southdownsheritagecentre.co.uk/concessions-partners/home/the-ditchling-sausage-company

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here