Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now Murray's back, how do you feel ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Really liked him in League 1 and if he hadn't been greedy would've stayed and scored goals for us. I agree we shouldn't have ruined our wage structure to keep hold of him.

He must have some connection with the club to come back. Although I'm hoping he is just the replacement for Zamora and that we will still be after a pacey poacher

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Will 'win' us free-kicks in dangerous areas and pens. Also useful for defensive headers. I have always thought of him as a 'confidence' player. If he feels good and the club make him feel important, and the fans take him to their heart he will get lots of goals.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What are you rambling on about?

I just wondered how you, as a BHA fan, felt about CPFC being less than 12 minutes away from European football, an FA Cup victory, bragging rights possibly forever and all of it against a team playing with ten men, 12 minutes to hold on is all there were. Please enlighten me as to your thoughts on this matter.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
I wonder how many of you were calling him Judas and were cheering when he done his cruciate at Selhurst?

(The answer will be none of you)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think I was pretty pissed that he went to palarse to start with. Turns out that was one of Gus's biggest mistakes. We needed a proven goal scorer at this level and now we have one.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Dissapointed. Absolutely Dissapointed.

He's not a legend, he's not up to the task, he's not the man for the job.
This feels worse than when Hammond came back on loan.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Very happy, with our wide players will score plenty of goals for us and that is all that counts for me. Add a quality nippy striker and we are very well set for next season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I wonder how many of you were calling him Judas and were cheering when he done his cruciate at Selhurst?

(The answer will be none of you)
I certainly didn't cheer when he was carried off up there, but I admit to calling him a judas at our place :down: but I also admit to a newfound respect towards him for not celebrating his goals.
I apologise wholeheartedly Glenn, now go show us why we were all pretty gutted when you toddled off to Croydon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Knockaert/Murphy/Kaz/Solly/Skalak putting balls in to Murray/Hemed?

Its a bloody big YES from me.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Dissapointed. Absolutely Dissapointed.

He's not a legend, he's not up to the task, he's not the man for the job.

He's better than anything you've got up front at the moment. Only 18 months ago he was scoring regularly in the Premier League. His game was never based on pace so his age won't make much difference. He's an extremely intelligent player and a clinical finisher. Admittedly he's not likely to get 31 goals in a season again, but that's because he won't get the same quality of service as he did with Palace. I understand that he'll be a bit tainted considering how instrumental he was in getting us promoted, but if you can stay off his back you'll have a top striker on your hands for next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Pleased. If you ignore the past with us/Palace, we'd be happy with another option up front and a player who has scored goals at this level. If we sign another striker (who will be the key signing) and a couple of defenders, I think we're well placed to challenge again.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
We should never have let him go.

He perfectly suited Poyet's system and his contract was up. Instead of giving him the moderate and fair pay rise he deserved, we decided not to. That opened the door for someone else to offer him a pay rise and sign him for free; it just happened to be Palace.

Murray left and we spunked £2.5m on CMS who didn't suit the system at all. Gus got a lot of things right but that situation was one he really ballsed up.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not convinced he`s the man we need...Bobby Z 34 last season,Murray only two years younger,he will need to work very hard on his fitness.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's excellent news that GM is coming back to Brighton.
Never really understood why he left in the first place, wages I guess?
It gives CH a real choice of strikers to choose from, hopefully to keep them on their toes if they are going to play or not!
It gives all the 'bedwetters', whoever they are, a break in their pre-season stress clinic :)
Anyway looking forward next season with a decent shout of AUTOMATIC PROMOTION :)

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's better than anything you've got up front at the moment. Only 18 months ago he was scoring regularly in the Premier League.

Agreed. And would have scored goals at Bournemouth given the game time, other than winning goals at Stamford bridge etc.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here