Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done Wales

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What hurts me so much is everything about that is so true.

What has made England so bad ?
And lots of money to waste on all of the above.

The delusion that we are MUCH better than we are. And the sense of entitlement (fans). And the shocking choice of manager (not having the best man ever, Venables . . .). Gutlessness and self delusion (the FA). Running the thing like its a multinational, with focus group lead stragey committees. General ineptitude. Suits. Cockwombles. :shootself:shrug::wozza:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Everything they are is everything England aren't and probably never will be. You will NEVER replicate that team spirit with sulky wankers like Sturridge, Stirling. Vardy et al. Sneer at the Wales huddles etc. all you like but they're the ones laughing now. England are a bunch of disparate wankers, Wales are a TEAM.
Totally agree. Fantastic performance tonight.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And lots of money to waste on all of the above.

The delusion that we are MUCH better than we are. And the sense of entitlement (fans). And the shocking choice of manager (not having the best man ever, Venables . . .). Gutlessness and self delusion (the FA). Running the thing like its a multinational, with focus group lead stragey committees. General ineptitude. Suits. Cockwombles. :shootself:shrug::wozza:
And all of this too.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Play the Preston North End team as England in a major final and they'd do better than our current bunch of complete and utter fu**ing wan*ers

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think we're going to hear that British players play too much football/there's no winter break excuse again

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As much as it hurts well done true Britons, spirt courage and belief in yourself and the team.

Although it hurts so much, we have been fecked over by prima donnas and a clueless manager. Despite what many think thousands of English fans went to France to support football and our team and were let down, we deserve better from players manager and above... Bollox it hurts that our part time kin are kicking our arse and will probably get to the final.... Feck you Roy with a capital F

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I don't see why it should hurt? best game to watch so far and Vokes header to seal it was pure class

Even when Iceland beat England I felt proud for them as i imagined the celebrations back in Iceland - True underdogs having their day in the sun!

The only entertaining thing about watching England in is guessing how they are going to **** up !!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
what a performance ....well done Wales , proof that passion , pride , motivation and generally a decent pair of nuts will get you a long way in international football.....woys goons should be made to watch that match over and over again.....but that is another subject......at the end of the day , well done you Taffy Bhouys....:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm going to go against the grain here. Yes, Wales played well, but it's the first time they've got so far in a Euro competition. I think that's down to Coleman. The players all knew their jobs & they played as a team.
England beat them two weeks ago. Our failure was down to the manager putting square pegs in round holes. His selections were dubious, & too much swapping around.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm going to go against the grain here. Yes, Wales played well, but it's the first time they've got so far in a Euro competition. I think that's down to Coleman. The players all knew their jobs & they played as a team.
England beat them two weeks ago. Our failure was down to the manager putting square pegs in round holes. His selections were dubious, & too much swapping around.

agree to an extent....hodgson's inept tinkering unsettled the whole mojo of the team .....it was almost like he scuppered our chances on purpose...clueless twatt.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I did like the attacking corner strategy. Stand in a line and then bomb bust away stops all the wresting in the box, as defenders can't get a grip.

Totally agree with you and would go a far as staying almost undefendable as you simple don't know who is going where.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Coleman what a man. Hopefully they can beat the flukey Portuguese and wipe that smirk off ronaldos face

What of the greatest nights ever for a home nation in international football

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm going to go against the grain here. Yes, Wales played well, but it's the first time they've got so far in a Euro competition.

That's true but the seeding system doesn't make it easy for them. They've come close to getting to the finals and failed at the last moment. Who knows how they'd have done if they got there.

I think England suffer from the seeding system too. They generally have pretty easy qualifying groups - I know they mucked it up in 2008 but the group wasn't that hard - which gives them a false sense of superiority. They're also little tested by decent teams until the knockout stages of major tournaments, which means they're not really battle-hardened.

The Welsh team had a tricky qualifying group to get to Euros but it's enabled them to function and work as a team. England failed on their first real test

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
All three goalscorers were born in England (Smethwick, Acton,Bournemouth)with just a Welsh grandparent to link them to Wales.All players English and Welsh came through acadamies so the only people to blame are the coaches and manager.Never thought I would say it but I'm warming to the idea of giving the job to Big Sam.We would be well organised defensively and I thought Sunderland played decent football when I watched them,plus the added bonus that if anyone stepped out of line Sam would chin them.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Being half Welsh, half English (although at the moment 100% Welsh) it has really brought home England's stark failure in the Euros and World Cup,not just this year, but throughout my life. I was 9 when England won the World Cup and I fondly imagined that this would be a reasonably regular occurrence, maybe not Germany/Brazil regular, but at least Italy regular. England's performance in the tournaments is shocking beyond belief even when compared with the smaller nations (new interesting fact - Wales have now won more knock-out matches in the Euro finals than England). It is hard to know how to describe it when comparing it with Germany (7 wins in Euros/WC) Italy (5), Spain (4), France (3). The consistency of this failure over time, regardless of the personnel to me means that it is the FA at fault more than the players or manager; the latter change, the structure and attitude of the FA doesn't. Time maybe for that body to vote to abolish itself and for a new governing body for English football to be created that reflects the needs of the 21st rather than the 19th century.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here