Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoos

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does it really hurt though? Like really?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I have eight tattoos and love them all. I couldn't care less if some snob does not like them, it's my life and it's about what I like.
I had most of them done when I have been abroad and this has given me my ideas on the art I decided to put on my skin.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Does it really hurt though? Like really?

Not really, I have 4 (one each forearm and a joined one on my lower left leg)

The arms were fine, uncomfortable is the best word.

The side of my leg was OK, the most painful bit was sitting in a chair and getting cramp in my hip whilst he did it for an hour.

The part on my calf muscle did actually hurt like a bitch though.

I'm planning a few more but have a wedding to finish paying for in August though so they're on hold.

I want a good one of my daughter done, unsure of whether to go for a portrait or just something sentimental to me. She's nearly 2 now so we're beginning to amass quite a few photos that would make a cracking portrait. I've found a good portrait artist but I've seen portraits go horribly horribly wrong so I'm not committing yet.

The other is a Brighton related one, not the club badge, thinking of a leg sleeve for the other lower leg, that portrays my beloved home town. A montage so to speak comprising Seagulls, maybe the roof line of the Amex, the pavilion domes, the palace pier, steine, I know what I'm thinking but unfortunately I can't draw for **** so I'm having trouble explaining it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not really, I have 4 (one each forearm and a joined one on my lower left leg)

The arms were fine, uncomfortable is the best word.

The side of my leg was OK, the most painful bit was sitting in a chair and getting cramp in my hip whilst he did it for an hour.

The part on my calf muscle did actually hurt like a bitch though.

I'm planning a few more but have a wedding to finish paying for in August though so they're on hold.

I want a good one of my daughter done, unsure of whether to go for a portrait or just something sentimental to me. She's nearly 2 now so we're beginning to amass quite a few photos that would make a cracking portrait. I've found a good portrait artist but I've seen portraits go horribly horribly wrong so I'm not committing yet.

The other is a Brighton related one, not the club badge, thinking of a leg sleeve for the other lower leg, that portrays my beloved home town. A montage so to speak comprising Seagulls, maybe the roof line of the Amex, the pavilion domes, the palace pier, steine, I know what I'm thinking but unfortunately I can't draw for **** so I'm having trouble explaining it.
53470ef0046f604378af5c9941aefbd0.jpg
haha don't worry, this was a half arsed attempt to draw something in my mind! I like the idea of Brighton related mix up

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
53470ef0046f604378af5c9941aefbd0.jpg
haha don't worry, this was a half arsed attempt to draw something in my mind! I like the idea of Brighton related mix up

Why does the girl on the right (i think it's a girl:lol:) have a sausage roll under her hat?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

I know what you mean, I can see it in my mind but my drawing skills are non existent. That's where getting to know an artist is very important. You need to be able to portray an idea and let them put it into a drawing, the design stage can take a long time, with tweaks and alterations. You have to be happy with it at the end of the day and don't settle for a compromise. You'll only regret it otherwise.

And don't try and barter with a tattoo artist, it's like building, if you want cheap then you get cheap, if you pay the right rate or maybe offer a bit more then you know the artist is gonna try his damnedness to please, try undercutting them and you'll get a piece of work that justified the price.

Just my two cents worth.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why does the girl on the right (i think it's a girl:lol:) have a sausage roll under her hat?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

I know what you mean, I can see it in my mind but my drawing skills are non existent. That's where getting to know an artist is very important. You need to be able to portray an idea and let them put it into a drawing, the design stage can take a long time, with tweaks and alterations. You have to be happy with it at the end of the day and don't settle for a compromise. You'll only regret it otherwise.

And don't try and barter with a tattoo artist, it's like building, if you want cheap then you get cheap, if you pay the right rate or maybe offer a bit more then you know the artist is gonna try his damnedness to please, try undercutting them and you'll get a piece of work that justified the price.

Just my two cents worth.
Its supposed to be a sailor jerry style sailor hat lol!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And are a sure sign of a "trailer trash" type of person. No one with a modicum of common sense would damage their skin by having a tattoo. All of them look like sh*t.

Trailer trash? Are you an American?

I bet you have met lots of people in your life, some you have met you would have liked and got on with.
Some of these people have tattoos that are covered up with clothes.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Love them, art at its best, if done well. Awful if done badly, and there are a lot of bad ones out there.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
He's had one of those "Tattoo Nightmare" fixes.

Attachments

• Tattoo Hiney.jpg
    Tattoo Hiney.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 201

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here