Votes: 1 0.4%
  • My mind has been changed but i am sticking with my original vote

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Very stirring and I'm sure, like Farage, it would go down very well at the golf club. However, your maths is also out. The generation we are talking about was born post war and through the 1950s. They weren't born when their parents voted in Atlee's 1945 government and were at oldest three years old when the welfare state was created, so couldn't have 'WORKED' for their benefits. They are the adults of the 1960s: high productivity, strong industries, low unemployment, high wages, educational opportunities, high levels of social mobility. All now picked apart, sold off or thrown away by four decades of selfish, short-termist thinking.
No , what is''out'' is not my maths but your perception of that generation growing up in a land of milk and honey with little hardship, rationing didnt end until 1954 , and your ludicrous claims that they were ''given'' the benefits you talk about such as the NHS ,welfare state and council housing , they werent ''given'' them as ive already said, they worked , for them, you sound like the single mums interviewed on Jeremy Kyle who tell us all that the ''guvvaments got loadsa money'' when asked where they think the money comes from to fund their lifestyles.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nothing has actually changed yet though, which is why the market has bounced back after the news of the result. Once we actually invoke Article 50, and the details of what leaving the EU actually means you will see the markets fall pretty drastically again, with no guarantee that they'll come back.
IF , and its still very much up for negotiation , we dont get a good deal, they sell MORE to us than we do th them , why would they make it more difficult for that to happen ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Remain remain.

I bet about 10 000 leave voters have died since last Thursday already. Give it another few months and you'd not even have to rely on the regrexiters switching their vote to swing a 2nd referendum back to remain.

Ah the only Remainer from the North West.Bet your parents are proud of you,if you know who they are.:)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Remaining remain. Luckily the financial meltdown was averted by us not invoking article 50, but it's coming once the deal is done

Hope you havn't had a bet on that!Or are you an economist trying to pretend you weren't wrong?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No , what is''out'' is not my maths but your perception of that generation growing up in a land of milk and honey with little hardship, rationing didnt end until 1954 , and your ludicrous claims that they were ''given'' the benefits you talk about such as the NHS ,welfare state and council housing , they werent ''given'' them as ive already said, they worked , for them, you sound like the single mums interviewed on Jeremy Kyle who tell us all that the ''guvvaments got loadsa money'' when asked where they think the money comes from to fund their lifestyles.

Putting aside the ad hominem nonsense about Jeremy Kyle and getting back to facts, the baby-boomers weren't labelled 'the golden generation' because of all the hardships they endured:

http://www.newstatesman.com/society/2010/01/remarkable-personal-free

If you want to carry on mythologising, go back a generation or two.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nice attempt at propaganda, but those who fought in the second world war aged 18-24 are now between 89 and 101. Most of that generation are dead. The generation that overwhelmingly voted Brexit are their children, the generation that was given the Welfare State, NHS, council housing, decent pensions, university grants, all the benefits provided by the 1948 Labour government and in return their majority bequeathed the sod-you-Jack Neo-liberalism of Thatcher and her ilk. Nice of them to top it with an unachievable attempt at isolation in an internationalist world.

Isolation?What an incredibly stupid thing to say.How many countries have Embassies in London?Have they all closed?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Simple Definition of sacrifice. : the act of giving up something that you want to keep especially in order to get or do something else or to help someone.

So you only need to give something up given that your deginition says especially rather than exclusively.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why do you believe that EU employees working in the UK do not pay any income tax when their earnings are above the threshold.

Are you willfully trying to misunderstand what I wrote,or are you simple?Did I mention the UK?How much do they pay then-if it's the same as employees of the EU Commission it's fk all.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Putting aside the ad hominem nonsense about Jeremy Kyle and getting back to facts, the baby-boomers weren't labelled 'the golden generation' because of all the hardships they endured:

http://www.newstatesman.com/society/2010/01/remarkable-personal-free

If you want to carry on mythologising, go back a generation or two.
Wtf would the author of that article know about hardships ? He went to boarding school ffs , my dads family were pawning the blankets off the beds and getting them back at the weekends , he didn't have underpants until he went to work ffs , so take your spectator article by a middle class Journalist , and shove it, it's laughable that you could use something like that to try and debunk what I'd written.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
And you know this because ........ ??

A Master's degree in economics, a thesis on currency trading and market fluctuations and several years working in the City. Whilst it's not a total guarantee that the markets will suffer long term, it is very likely if you ask the vast, vast majority of those with decent experience of watching, working and writing about them.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Wtf would the author of that article know about hardships ? He went to boarding school ffs , my dads family were pawning the blankets off the beds and getting them back at the weekends , he didn't have underpants until he went to work ffs , so take your spectator article by a middle class Journalist , and shove it, it's laughable that you could use something like that to try and debunk what I'd written.

Although all born pre-1945, my dad's family had similar upbringings. However my originally post did not argue that nobody had it tough, merely that, for a lot of the generation we are discussing, things got much better than it had been for their parents and that they didn't continue to make similar improvements for the generations to follow.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Are you willfully trying to misunderstand what I wrote,or are you simple?Did I mention the UK?How much do they pay then-if it's the same as employees of the EU Commission it's fk all.

All easy to find with many EU countries having income tax rates at or above the UK rates.
Therefore please free feel to move and pay more tax but of course that doesnt fit with your view.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A Master's degree in economics, a thesis on currency trading and market fluctuations and several years working in the City. Whilst it's not a total guarantee that the markets will suffer long term, it is very likely if you ask the vast, vast majority of those with decent experience of watching, working and writing about them.

Steady. You know how sick the country is of experts. We now live in a world where making vital decisions shouldn't be clouded by things like knowledge, facts, or evidence. What could possibly go wrong?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ive worked the markets ,ive traded and broked several asset classes and i agree to a certain extent, what i dont thing youre taking into account is the fact that (in my view) we will get a far better deal than is widely expected .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here