Votes: 1 0.4%
  • My mind has been changed but i am sticking with my original vote

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Calm yourself. I still am a bit baffled by the vote when the majority of politicians are concerned, when the UK banks are losing major ground to US banks, when the sterling plummets.

I do not think the EU bureaucrats did dictate us. The UK were at the top table and pretty much ran show the show with Germany. It was the other smaller countries that were having to make do.

Plus i quite liked the EU implement human rights and employment law litigation to help protect me as a person

:wozza:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, i was simply reponding to your assertion that we were at war with the germans out of self interest, we werent, and your response is typical of the despearation of the remain camp to smear leavers with the racist/nazi tag.

I was trying to point out that what was offered was not acceptable, because it would leave us with a situation that was not in our interests. Of course if you think it would have been in Britains self interest, I asked, given that you have voted to leave the E.U, because you feel it is in Britains self interest, and stuff what is good for Europe, whether you would have took the deal.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was trying to point out that what was offered was not acceptable, because it would leave us with a situation that was not in our interests. Of course if you think it would have been in Britains self interest, I asked, given that you have voted to leave the E.U, because you feel it is in Britains self interest, and stuff what is good for Europe, whether you would have took the deal.
I voted to leave the EU but could easily have been persuaded to remain, if you really equate that with me accepting a nazi ruled europe out of ''self interest'' then there is little point in carrying on .

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
the thing is the population arent necessarily much more unhealthy (though some are), in general we are healthier than ever. we are longer living and have greater sense of entitlement. ailments that even 15 or 20 years would have been private only are now routinely offered on NHS and people expect to take up the offer, then go back for a refit a decade or so later (im not thinking just cosmetic stuff, hip and knee joints too). or people go to the GP for a cold, or other indicdentle issues that they wouldnt have in the past. add to that provision of GPs has been reduced going back to the new contract under Reed, so pressure is diverted to A&E. they cant expand often because of physical constraint. meanwhile the PPI have burdened individual hospitals with massive repayments, diverting cash from actual services. im sure there are other problems in mismanagement of budgets too, its inevitable in an organisation so large.

Obesity, diabetes and alcohol and drug-related illnesses have increased enormously though. That is a drain on the NHS resources. I agree that there are now treatments offered that were not available decades ago and that also drives up costs.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I'm odd ? Not nearly as odd as you appeared the one and only time I've met you , I genuinely thought you were autistic.

I cannot believe you just had the nerve to say that, and then not have the slightest idea as to why that would prove upsetting to the person you aimed that insult to or anyone else reading this thread for that matter. You are displaying the same intellectual capacity of a boiled potato.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I voted to leave the EU but could easily have been persuaded to remain, if you really equate that with me accepting a nazi ruled europe out of ''self interest'' then there is little point in carrying on .

You proffered it as a deal that would have been in British own self interest to take.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm odd ? Not nearly as odd as you appeared the one and only time I've met you , I genuinely thought you were autistic.

You think that's an appropriate thing to say? Christ what a **** you are.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Brilliant.

We've met once, briefly in a pub in Lewes, when I stopped in for twenty minutes to collect something from a friend. You later (on line, rather than at the time, in real life) professed that I was 'wet' for refusing to drink more than one pint (as I was driving). Its an interesting observation though - this autism thing. Its not something I've ever been told before, in any of the varied circles of my life.

Do you find that people often seem uncharacteristically uncomfortable in your presence?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I cannot believe you just had the nerve to say that, and then not have the slightest idea as to why that would prove upsetting to the person you aimed that insult to or anyone else reading this thread for that matter. You are displaying the same intellectual capacity of a boiled potato.

Thats an insult to a boiled potato

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

This is appalling and torally unnecessary. Many posters have pointed out your errors and rather than accept that you were wrong you have carried on digging a bigger hole for yourself and now in an attempt to rescue yoursrlf you resort to unacceptable insults.
I would suggest you have a lie down for a week or so

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then these chief executives turn out to be useless and get £410K pay off.

Yep.

And I know of one chief exec who left her particular Trust in complete financial turmoil (not very far from here), saddled it with a MASSIVE deficit through sheer incompetence, got a big payoff to walk away, and promptly became...a recruitment consultant, headhunting for executive positions within the NHS. Perfect for her, as she'd obviously built up a whole network of contacts within the organisation in her time there. She's done very, very well for herself out of the NHS.

Depressing doesn't even cover it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I didnt, i highlighted , YET AGAIN , that we had a CHOICE on whether we fought the germans. .

I asked another poster if he thought it was not at all in Britains self interest to fight the Nazi's.

Which prompted from you, "The Germans offered us an armistice, they would have europe, we would keep the empire, we turned them down."

Not only reinventing 20th century history, now trying to reinvent stuff you posted in this thread minutes ago!

I understand you believe Britain chose to fight the Nazi's just because it was the right thing to do, but it was not quite as simple as that. I also understand and am disgusted by your belief that everyone else in Europe "chose" to roll over and not fight, and if they died it was less heroic than Brits dying, because they had no choice, they were being invaded. Well in 1939, we had conscription, so little choice for our boys either, is their sacrifice less because they were conscripts rather than volunteers?

There is always a choice, often a bad one and a terrible one, and I hope we never have to make choices of that magnitude again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You haven't met me, but I have been assessed and I do have autism (albeit very mildly). It is expressed in my obsession with numbers, as I convert everything into a numerate form.

I still think I make a contribution to society though, having developed coping mechanisms over the years.

My son has it too, more severely than me. He's 23 and unemployed for five years, but has spent his time trying to develop funghi that consume plastics as a solution to environmental waste. Between us we cope though.

If you are throwing it as an insult to someone else it's a bit harsh. No one chooses such a condition, no more than they would choose many other facets of their genetic makeup.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You haven't met me, but I have been assessed and I do have autism (albeit very mildly). It is expressed in my obsession with numbers, as I convert everything into a numerate form.

I still think I make a contribution to society though, having developed coping mechanisms over the years.

My son has it too, more severely than me. He's 23 and unemployed for five years, but has spent his time trying to develop funghi that consume plastics as a solution to environmental waste. Between us we cope though.

If you are throwing it as an insult to someone else it's a bit harsh. No one chooses such a condition, no more than they would choose many other facets of their genetic makeup.
It wasnt thrown as an insult, thats my point, it was an obsevation.

boik

I said months before the vote that whatever way it went, nothing much would change, and I'm still of that view. We will pay almost the same to access the free market, and we will have to agree to freedom of movement to get it. We will also have to agree to most of the regulations in order to trade with europe. Any money we might save will be wasted on all of the negotiations. So, no, I wouldn't change my vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here