Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Its not a contest, but by percentage of their population, which I guess is the most meaningful, Poland lost more than EIGHT times as many (or 12 times as many if you want to use absolute numbers).

I'd say that's a pretty enormous sacrifice.

"Polish Vermin"

It amazes me how people who use lines like our grandfather didnt fight for this, really have no idea of what happened.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, because the Germans would have listened to the Vichy regime :lolol:

I did not say they were correct in their beliefs, I think it was naive for them to believe that, as the very next sentence stated, much as I think you are naive to vote out, but I would understand your anger if we did not go ahead with it.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The UK hasn't left the EU yet. The UK still has access to the single market amongst other things from the EU. What happened in the immediate aftermath was the shock of the result. The actual consequences will be felt when Article 50 is triggered and we eventually leave the EU, whenever that happens.

Investment in to UK is already being affected too. The consequences of that may never be felt as such, just that our economy doesn't grow by as much as it would have done.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No, no clue at all. You have Jeremy Clarkson view of WW2, you want to play top trumps European armies, and suggest that no one else in Europe gave as much in terms of dead soldiers to resist Hitler, which is bollox. The French declared war on Germany at the same time as we did, and given that they are next door neighbours, it was clear where the shit was going to go down. We fought mainly away from our country, the French new their towns and villages could become battle grounds.
You think we bailed them out, and in 1944 you could say that we did, but for 4 years before that, all they saw of Brits was bombers over their coastline. 4 years.
No i dont , the original post i responded to suggested that other European countries ''came to Europe's rescue'' as well as us , they didnt, they may have resisted , but they didnt have much of a choice did they ? We did.
As for your statement that we fought mainly away from our country , tell that to the people of London, Coventry,Liverpool and all the other places that had the shit bombed out of them in the blitz, and the reason that as you delightfully put it ''but for 4 years before that, all they saw of Brits was bombers over their coastline. 4 years'' was we were rebuilding our woefully ill equipped and underfunded forces '', i'd also tell you to look at the SOE as well , perhaps you might change your pretty myopic view.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Are you saying you like the sound of that deal?
No, i was simply reponding to your assertion that we were at war with the germans out of self interest, we werent, and your response is typical of the despearation of the remain camp to smear leavers with the racist/nazi tag.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Liam Fox was on the radio earlier suggesting something completely different. He stated, quite rightly, that if people weren't so unhealthy (and it's only getting worse) then the NHS wouldn't be spending such vast amounts of money on medecine, which is the real cost to the taxpayer.

the thing is the population arent necessarily much more unhealthy (though some are), in general we are healthier than ever. we are longer living and have greater sense of entitlement. ailments that even 15 or 20 years would have been private only are now routinely offered on NHS and people expect to take up the offer, then go back for a refit a decade or so later (im not thinking just cosmetic stuff, hip and knee joints too). or people go to the GP for a cold, or other indicdentle issues that they wouldnt have in the past. add to that provision of GPs has been reduced going back to the new contract under Reed, so pressure is diverted to A&E. they cant expand often because of physical constraint. meanwhile the PPI have burdened individual hospitals with massive repayments, diverting cash from actual services. im sure there are other problems in mismanagement of budgets too, its inevitable in an organisation so large.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Liam Fox was on the radio earlier suggesting something completely different. He stated, quite rightly, that if people weren't so unhealthy (and it's only getting worse) then the NHS wouldn't be spending such vast amounts of money on medecine, which is the real cost to the taxpayer.

Its a factor for sure. Of course costs would be down if we were all healthier.

But having seen what they pay out on (firstly) recruiting and then remunerating the large swathes of senior management within that organisation, I'd take some convincing that the money isn't already there to adequately cover its frontline services were it otherwise diverted. Meantime, I have a friend who is doing a fun run to help raise money towards more incubators at his local hospice (his baby was born prematurely). He's targeting £2,000. That wouldn't even cover the cost of a quarter of an initial up-front retainer fee to help find another "Deputy Chief Operating Officer" or somesuch.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No i dont , the original post i responded to suggested that other European countries ''came to Europe's rescue'' as well as us , they didnt, they may have resisted , but they didnt have much of a choice did they ? We did.
As for your statement that we fought mainly away from our country , tell that to the people of London, Coventry,Liverpool and all the other places that had the shit bombed out of them in the blitz, and the reason that as you delightfully put it ''but for 4 years before that, all they saw of Brits was bombers over their coastline. 4 years'' was we were rebuilding our woefully ill equipped and underfunded forces '', i'd also tell you to look at the SOE as well , perhaps you might change your pretty myopic view.

No it didnt but you just read what you want into in a feeble attempt to jusitfy your lone view which everyone else has pointed out is wrong

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Typical post from a bad 'Remain' loser that can't/won't face up to the fact that his view is WRONG on the basis of the majorty said F-Off to the EU beaurocrats and their dictatorship of this country.

Ask this Poll again in 6 months, 1 year and 2 years and you'll find a totally different response. Every single Leave campaigner and voted KNEW it was going to be tumultuous for the first few months and this was said LOUDLY by all. So right in the middle of it you post this cr@p just to try and excuse that you were WRONG on your views.

When the EU implodes in 1-5 years, lets get the same poll up again ok?

ps: I voted Leave, still say Leave and always will be Leave (no I'm not a pensioner and no I'm not a racist)

Calm yourself. I still am a bit baffled by the vote when the majority of politicians are concerned, when the UK banks are losing major ground to US banks, when the sterling plummets.

I do not think the EU bureaucrats did dictate us. The UK were at the top table and pretty much ran show the show with Germany. It was the other smaller countries that were having to make do.

Plus i quite liked the EU implement human rights and employment law litigation to help protect me as a person

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd 100% stick with it, but it needs reform. The NHS is not underfunded, but those funds are being channelled away from where they need to go.

Example. The company I work for recruited a COO for an NHS trust recently. They were billed £8,500 for advertising the position in the Sunday Times, then a £9,000 retainer, a £9,000 shortlist fee, and a £9,500 completion fee. So that's £36,000 of NHS money spent on getting someone in the door. The candidate was placed on an initial salary of £140k plus numerous perks (car etc). You can be sure someone in that position will be creaming it in bonuses as well. And that's just ONE example - we've placed loads of these executive penpushers, and I'm sure we're not the only company doing it either.

The NHS is AWASH with money, don't let anyone tell you any different. Its simply scandalous how that money is actually spent.

Then these chief executives turn out to be useless and get £410K pay off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You're just making things up now.

My original post that you responded to, mentioned nothing of 'rescues'. It simply stated that other European countries had made equal sacrifices.

By which every single person on the board, understood to mean human sacrifices. Casualties of war. Except you, who when presented with the appalling figures from other nations, decided to project an entirely different meaning to MY words.

You are a very odd poster.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You're just making things up now.

My original post that you responded to, mentioned nothing of 'rescues'. It simply stated that other European countries had made equal sacrifices.

By which every single person on the board, understood to mean human sacrifices. Casualties of war. Except you, who when presented with the appalling figures from other nations, decided to project an entirely different meaning to MY words.

You are a very odd poster.
I'm odd ? Not nearly as odd as you appeared the one and only time I've met you , I genuinely thought you were autistic.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Is English a second language for you? Ask people of London, Coventry and Liverpool where the second world war was MAINLY fought, I doubt anyone would say U.K.?
For 4 years, France was occupied, we were as you say, not equipped to kick the Nazis swiftly out. But for a French man, hearing on the radio of British fighting all over North Africa, they must have felt pretty let down.
Our issue is, as a nation, we expect the rest of Europe to be bloody grateful for evermore, have little idea of what the war was like for other countries and say "we bailed you out" every time we feel the French are a bit narked with us over something.
I find it ironic to be called myopic by someone who sees Europeans only as them and not ever as us.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This thread is amazing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here