Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you been on TV as a guest, contestant on in the audience?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Christmas Day 2000, BBC1 has a pre recorded variety show from HMS Invincible. I was in the audience & managed to get my mug on a few times, plus a few action shots recorded on the flight deck, got in on that too. Highlight for me was meeting Martine McCutcheon, she was both gorgeous & a genuine person, for a celeb. Had a few pints with us down the PO's mess. Meeting Jim Davidson also was not such a highlight.

Match of the Day when we beat York City 7-2, must have been around 75/76, ran on the pitch at the end with the other scrotes, as was the custom back then if there were cameras at the ground.

Interviewed by the BBC for the main evening news when covering the fire strike in 01 after attending a big RTC on the M5. Didn't realize I sounded like Ricky from Eastenders until I saw that!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
According to IMDB, he was 24 when Please Sir started - still pretty old. I think my dad was his drama teacher at one point - he certainly knew him.

He had a regular spot on the East terrace at the Goldstone: he used to stand just in front of me

He also had a cafe in Ship Street I think it was.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to IMDB, he was 24 when Please Sir started - still pretty old. I think my dad was his drama teacher at one point - he certainly knew him.

He had a regular spot on the East terrace at the Goldstone: he used to stand just in front of me

OK so I exaggerated a little. :). Mind you, I didn't know he was an Albion fan.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I remember Please Sir. Secondary school kids who were supposed to be 15/16? Duffy was their leader. Not because he was the coolest. It was because he was about 35.

Frankie Abbott was the best.

Didn't Frankie Abbot grow up to be Pretty Pink Fairy?

Regards

LLF

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
On the ITN national news, last game at GG.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I actually played a delivery man who brought a package to the house on the show "Fresh Meat."

Truth. I happen to know a chap in London who was a producer on the show. I had to drive to Manchester to be in the scene. Jack Whitehall is a true dick but Zawe, Greg McHugh and the others were very professional.
whys that ?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Was meant to be on Runaround in the 70's ,but had Shingles . Seen many times on The Football League Show,though that isn't too hard with a small away support.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Was on tv am when wincey willis came to visit us in south armagh xmas 1983 , also been in the background on sky news a few times at work when they wanted a ''live from the trading floor '' news report

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was on Floyd on Food when they recorded a programme from HMS Raleigh. I was doing my Leading Cooks course, and the programme focused on disaster relief training.
When Floyd died, I was on one of the clips again on the News.
I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but he was an arse

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In the audience for Crackerjack when I was a yoof!
In grown up land, I have been in the audience to quite a few of Jools Holland's Later music programs.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I forgot this one:

I was in the boys chorus in 1981 for a performance of Berlioz 'Te Deum' recorded at St. Alban's Abbey with the legendary conductor, Claudio Abbado. It was only shown on German TV. I can be seen at 2:41 but not telling you which boy I am...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hand picked by Jimmy Saville from a Top Of The Pops audience numbering maybe eighty tops to appear onstage for a song intro in 1977.

Felt highly honoured back then. Nowadays? Not so much.

Top of the Pops_The Story of 1977.jpg

And no, he never touched me there. OR there. Sadly as that's me on the left of the photo, the photographic evidence appears to indicate otherwise :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here