Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you been on TV as a guest, contestant on in the audience?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
4 time winner on Channel 5's 100% - watched by about 10 people as no-one could get it in late 90s.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not quite the same but footage I took of a withdean pitch invasion and posted on youtube has been used in the pre-match montage for the last few seasons. Footage of Russel Slade being held up in the air.

Seems to have been cut in the last couple of home games.

For me personally, I took part in the world record for most tambourines hit in 1 minute so made it onto local news.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Was in the audience for Have I Got News For You twice, both times sat in the seats behind Ian Hislop.

Was sitting in Russell Square (I think) in London, and watched them film the comedy Absolute Power. Stephen Fry was filmed walking through the square so I got featured, from a distance.

Was mentioned by Dom Joly in a reality prog called 'Deadline' where celebs do the job of the paparazzi/newspaper editors. He wanted to do a story about me as I used to collect autographs around London. Never happened though!

Many times (I used to be an extra)

But two memorable ones were once I was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks (much to the embarassment of my kids) and I was also in the front row of the Petula Clark concert at the Albert Hall on the opening night of colour televison on BBC 2.

OK luvvies?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was in the background of a news story on South Today. It was a feature about free bowls of water for dogs outside Stanmer Stores in Stanmer Park. I was about 13 at the time.

Talk about a slow news day :lolol:

I was in the audience when they filmed an episode of Clive James on Television. Interesting to see how they put a show together - it took about 3 hours to record a 45 minute show that went out that weekend. The oddest part was when Clive would say something amusing (audience laughs) but would then fluff his lines, and so had to go back to the beginning, but we'd still have to laugh at the 'funny bit' again, even though we'd heard it already.

Top bloke though Clive, he did the audience warmup before filming, a genuinely wry and witty man.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Audience of a couple of episodes of Question of Sport (David Coleman and Emlyn Hughes are both bell ends). Contestant representing the Albion on 'They Know It's All Over' on ITV Digital before it went bust. Used to be newspaper and business reviewer on Manchester Cable channel, and numerous interviews on BBC1, World, North West and ITV News on things vaguely to do with football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
In about 1971'sh on Xmas day, there was a knock on the door and unannounced my Dads friend walked in with 'Duffy' from 'Please Sir' !!!!

Me and my brother carried on playing one of our presents, think it was called 'Hands Down' or something similar trying to pretend he wasnt there and my Mum invited our young teenage girl neighbour to come and join us and she just sobbed continually.

Duffy just sat in our front room had a cup of tea and after about an hour said his goodbyes and off he went, surreal .............................

For younger posters I guess its a bit like having David Jason turn up, I dunno but he was a big hit at the time ;)

I remember Please Sir. Secondary school kids who were supposed to be 15/16? Duffy was their leader. Not because he was the coolest. It was because he was about 35.

Frankie Abbott was the best.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I actually played a delivery man who brought a package to the house on the show "Fresh Meat."

Truth. I happen to know a chap in London who was a producer on the show. I had to drive to Manchester to be in the scene. Jack Whitehall is a true dick but Zawe, Greg McHugh and the others were very professional.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I remember Please Sir. Secondary school kids who were supposed to be 15/16? Duffy was their leader. Not because he was the coolest. It was because he was about 35.

Frankie Abbott was the best.

Off the top of my head I think his name is Peter Cleall.
Loved Please Sir even the film was good.
Deryck Guyler as the Catetaker was brilliant
John Alderton as Hedges the teacher.
The Welsh science teacher.
Frank Abbott "shut up mum or I'll burn yer hair"
The headmaster and mistress and Patsy whatsherface from Carry On.
All brilliant not one poor cast member.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was in a BBC documentary when I was about 12, and got to go on Newsroom South East to talk about it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

According to IMDB, he was 24 when Please Sir started - still pretty old. I think my dad was his drama teacher at one point - he certainly knew him.

He had a regular spot on the East terrace at the Goldstone: he used to stand just in front of me

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Was in the audience on This Morning presented by John Stapleton around 1996.

It was a drugs debate and not long after the death of Leah Betts. I'd written my piece out and was ready to say that ecstasy was a safe drug and more people were killed by lightning than safe use of the class A drug. There were people there that had lost loved ones to drugs. If I'd said my bit then I would have got slaughtered on national TV and made to look like a c*nt. Certainly learnt a lot that experience and John Stapleton was a top guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here