Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I dont think you have interpreted Farages statement correctly and this animation doesnt necessarily invalidate his main point, firstly it was partly tongue in cheek and secondly he wasnt saying that they weren't academically intelligent, for me it was more that they represented a an elite class and not a entrepreneurial group of people that might have evolved a different EU that we might not have considered leaving.

In the main the jobs quoted are generally jobs that reflect the European chamber, full of people with 'positions' funded by public bodies, foundations or corporations, however accurate or not this animation is it misses the spot by a country mile.

His Main point was basically "yah boo sucks". That picture does invalidate his point. He is a racist, bigoted, poorly educated , money grubbing, lazy, smug, immodest, lying sack of dogshit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A vast British Empire stretching from Dover to Bristol and Southampton to Newcastle. How delicious.

I thought along with the £350M a week to The NHS we were getting India back too? I'm British. I'm better than everyone else. All I want is a farm in Rhodesia, a Mercedes Benz, my country back and to be free of the evil tyranny of The European Union.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
His Main point was basically "yah boo sucks". That picture does invalidate his point. He is a racist, bigoted, poorly educated , money grubbing, lazy, smug, immodest, lying sack of dogshit.

Clampy my old mate, you're a mind that is not to be turned .......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yet, weirdly in reality I'm actually a little bit racist. I'm confused.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I dont think you have interpreted Farages statement correctly and this animation doesnt necessarily invalidate his main point, firstly it was partly tongue in cheek and secondly he wasnt saying that they weren't academically intelligent, for me it was more that they represented a an elite class and not a entrepreneurial group of people that might have evolved a different EU that we might not have considered leaving.

In the main the jobs quoted are generally jobs that reflect the European chamber, full of people with 'positions' funded by public bodies, foundations or corporations, however accurate or not this animation is it misses the spot by a country mile.

He could have made that perfectly reasonable point without acting like such an arse though? Personally I think a lot of the animosity is misdirected towards the Parliament. In my view the problem with the EU is the lack of power of the Parliament over the European Commission alongside the utter lack of transparency and corporate capture of the Commission.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Politician who doesn't match your views is incorrect - they are a liar.

Politician who does match your views is incorrect - he is a poor, misinterpreted little soul.

The sheer snow blindness of political fanboys on both sides is breathtaking.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

He could have made that perfectly reasonable point with acting like such an arse though? Personally I think a lot of the animosity is misdirected towards the Parliament. In my view the problem with the EU is the lack of power of the Parliament over the European Commission alongside the utter lack of transparency and corporate capture of the Commission.

He was having a swipe at his colleagues that have ridiculed him for so long, I could I am sure youtube many instances where they have done similar to him, our own PMQ's is full of our own politicians acting like an arse's.

If you do not agree with his sentiment then you can find it horrible if you agree you can find it quite amusing ...................

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was having a swipe at his colleagues that have ridiculed him for so long, I could I am sure youtube many instances where they have done similar to him, our own PMQ's is full of our own politicians acting like an arse's.

If you do not agree with his sentiment then you can find it horrible if you agree you can find it quite amusing ...................

However you try to dress it up, he stood there and accused former teachers, soldiers, doctors, etc of having 'never done a proper job'. He was, as ever, firing poorly-informed, opinionated bullshit out of his flatulent arse.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Hmm, what is so inappropriate about his ill advised rant is we are about to enter some very delicate negotiations in which we are starting off on the back foot. He massively ****ed this up.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I will concede your point about our own PMQs and many politicians acting like arses.
But I will maintain my position that Farage takes it to another level and also does it in a context where there is a tradition of acting like polite grown ups. I know they are used to it and don't take him seriously, but I find his behaviour deeply cringeworthy.
My fundamental disagreement with everything he stands for is another matter.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
In my view the problem with the EU is the lack of power of the Parliament over the European Commission alongside the utter lack of transparency and corporate capture of the Commission.

You saying its a quasi fascist capitalist Oligarchy?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
However you try to dress it up, he stood there and accused former teachers, soldiers, doctors, etc of having 'never done a proper job'. He was, as ever, firing poorly-informed, opinionated bullshit out of his flatulent arse.

Only if you are being technical.This proper job guff is standard speak for not being able to understand or relate to normal people, being out of touch, self absorbed greasy poll climbing and cronyistic. In that sense he was right and it feeds well into the views of the common man.

btw cronyistic may not be an actual word.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only if you are being technical.This proper job guff is standard speak for not being able to understand or relate to normal people, being out of touch, self absorbed greasy poll climbing and cronyistic. In that sense he was right and it feeds well into the views of the common man.

btw cronyistic may not be an actual word.

"Only if you are being technical"? I really have heard it all now. Outstanding. Outstanding. Hahaha!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So according to some leavers, Farage is correct about the UK, correct about the referendum and knows the way forward . So before the vote when he cleat stated he would demand a 2nd referendum if the vote swung 48/52 I presume y'all think he's right about that?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So according to some leavers, Farage is correct about the UK, correct about the referendum and knows the way forward . So before the vote when he cleat stated he would demand a 2nd referendum if the vote swung 48/52 I presume y'all think he's right about that?

If at first you don't succeed,try, try, try again. Just like Farage at getting into Westminster.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Farage is unquestionably a dangerously powerful racist. Hopefully he'll be stopped one way or another, and the more painful the better. There's no room in society for him and I'd question anyone who sympathises with him.

But that's common sense decency, no?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Farage is unquestionably a dangerously powerful racist. Hopefully he'll be stopped one way or another, and the more painful the better. There's no room in society for him and I'd question anyone who sympathises with him.

But that's common sense decency, no?

He'd probably just say it was political correctness gone mad and tell you he was a man of people.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Farage is laughable but he is not funny. It is not funny. Here is an extremely racist and radicalised individual who has managed to weasel his way into the public consciousness, into power in some respects. He has risen solely on the wave of a large scale and thorough campaign of blame towards immigrants by the government and lesser parties. Most of the problems that the UK currently experiences are exclusively caused by rich, privately educated white people. The campaign to blame immigrants has succeeded and Farage has been instrumental in propagating this hate. And 52% of my fellow Brits swallowed it and voted for their own downfall on a pack of lies. That's why people are angry.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Farage is laughable but he is not funny. It is not funny. Here is an extremely racist and radicalised individual who has managed to weasel his way into the public consciousness, into power in some respects. He has risen solely on the wave of a large scale and thorough campaign of blame towards immigrants by the government and lesser parties. Most of the problems that the UK currently experiences are exclusively caused by rich, privately educated white people. The campaign to blame immigrants has succeeded and Farage has been instrumental in propagating this hate. And 52% of my fellow Brits swallowed it and voted for their own downfall on a pack of lies. That's why people are angry.

Unfortunately a significant percentage of the 52% actually support what Farage said about immigration, lies or not.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Unfortunately a significant percentage of the 52% actually support what Farage said about immigration, lies or not.

Quite. They've been told immigrants have ruined the country. They've been told this by the people that have ruined the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here