Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Jan 30, 2008
Sadly it won't bother you
Regards
SG

there's nothing to be sad about i don't get your doom and gloom, THE COUNTRY IS GOING TO BE FREE OF THE SHACKLES OF EU DOMINANCE there's only one way the EU is going LONG TERM and that's down the pan !!! FACE UP TO REALITY pleeeeeeease
regards
DR

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They are more than used to him he has been making anti EU speeches at the EU parliament for years and in most cases he is heavily jeered (as in this example)

https://youtu.be/XoAtCs7wXHY

Like Westminster the whole thing is pantomime a lot of the time and this latest outburst (whilst inappropriate) is not going to influence negotiations anymore than the childish chanting and behaviour of the other attendees when Farage was introduced
Agree entirely. Most of Europe, like us, are used to totally ignoring Brussels and all it does.
However I've had friends from across Europe telling me that Farage's performance has been top item on the news (France, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Getmany, Denmark) and THEY are embarrassed that he represents the UK. Couldn't care less about politicians' response. It's the man in the street that matters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The constant drip drip of the consequences of Brexit are going to mount up on the economy and British society. Just a few examples of what is happening already..

Our credit rating going down.

Several big companies thinking of relocation to the Eurozone leading to large job cuts.

Reduction in the value of the Pound leading to higher prices and inflation.( Don't say our products are more attractive to exporters with a lower Pound, we are a service based economy)

Companies holding back on investment in infrastructure.

Companies holding back on recruitment.

Wage stagnation.

This before we have to cut a deal, things will get worse the closer we get to actual Brexit. I, like many can't see " sunny days " for the foreseeable future....

You're just repeating the Remainers script, its almost that you lot actually hope beyond hope this will happen, but it wont.

Markets will recover, sterling will find its value and big business will continue to enjoy an environment of progressive and free trade within the UK to the rest of the world whilst our European partners will be huffing and puffing trying to keep a peasants revolt at bay, in many ways we have saved the day .....................

Jan 30, 2008
Agree entirely. Most of Europe, like us, are used to totally ignoring Brussels and all it does.
However I've had friends from across Europe telling me that Farage's performance has been top item on the news (France, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Getmany, Denmark) and THEY are embarrassed that he represents the UK. Couldn't care less about politicians' response. It's the man in the street that matters

what's embarrassing about telling the truth???
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Whats with this overly embarrassing feeling that you lot get, bet you lot were a barrel of laughs at the school disco ........

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The man made himself look a complete p...k and a laughing stock.not to be taken seriously as an MEP.

How do you get taken seriously by the chamber as an MEP if you think the EU is undemocratic and corrupt, just say it nicely ...................

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Hehe 2.png

One of my favourite images.

And when I praise people for sticking to their beliefs it's generally when they have stood up for unity and goodness with dignity and courage in the face of adversity. Like Martin Luther King Jr or Mahatma Gandhi for instance.

Farage, being a hypocritical, racist, xenophobic scaremonger who ran his campaign based on lies, deceit, half-truths and untruths is not deserving of such praise.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
there's nothing to be sad about i don't get your doom and gloom, THE COUNTRY IS GOING TO BE FREE OF THE SHACKLES OF EU DOMINANCE there's only one way the EU is going LONG TERM and that's down the pan !!! FACE UP TO REALITY pleeeeeeease
regards
DR

Shackles of the EU my arse...keep in mind how free you are when you have to get a visa to go on holiday to your package holiday in Benidorm and you can only bring back 200 fags and a litre of spirits.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Shackles of the EU my arse...keep in mind how free you are when you have to get a visa to go on holiday to your package holiday in Benidorm and you can only bring back 200 fags and a litre of spirits.

I bet he'll caps lock the f*ck out of the customs officer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here