Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you're saying (again, for the umpteenth time) that those that disagree with your politics are gullible. Interesting point, thanks.

I'm not a particularly political person. I do however hate to see this country ruined by idiots that fell for the rhetoric of a hypocritical, career driven posh boy who is simply out for himself, such as Farage.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not a particularly political person. I do however hate to see this country ruined by idiots that fell for the rhetoric of a hypocritical, career driven posh boy who is simply out for himself, such as Farage.
So you're saying (again, for the umpteenth time) that those that disagree with your politics are idiots. Interesting point, thanks.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
So you're saying (again, for the umpteenth time) that those that disagree with your politics are idiots. Interesting point, thanks.

So you're saying (again, for the umpteenth time) that he is saying that those that disagree with his politics are idiots. Interesting point, thanks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you're saying (again, for the umpteenth time) that he is saying that those that disagree with his politics are idiots. Interesting point, thanks.
Well no, I didn't say that did I ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Yes. For clarification: you are truly an idiot. I'm saying that again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely the point is that anyone that casts their vote based on the rhetoric of one individual or the headline in a newspaper such as the Sun without bothering to investigate further is truly an idiot. Unfortunately, that's the voting system we have as there is no opportunity to question voters to ensure they understand the actual issues. That applies whether they are voting Brexit/Remain, Labour/Tory etc. The failings are therefore due to the election campaigns and their desire for soundbites over substance.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Surely the point is that anyone that casts their vote based on the rhetoric of one individual or the headline in a newspaper such as the Sun without bothering to investigate further is truly an idiot. Unfortunately, that's the voting system we have as there is no opportunity to question voters to ensure they understand the actual issues. That applies whether they are voting Brexit/Remain, Labour/Tory etc. The failings are therefore due to the election campaigns and their desire for soundbites over substance.

But the reason that we get soundbites over substance is that it's been proven to work. Large numbers of people simply don't want to invest time in understanding the implications and effect of their vote. Sadly, I don't know what the answer is but as someone once said 'the public gets what the public wants' :shrug:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One of your favourites if I remember rightly :wink:

I have a genuine dilemma about Weller. He's written some of the most powerful, beautiful and memorable songs of my youth, and for that I'll always be grateful.

He is also however a tight arsed sleazebag, who thinks he can have anyone's girlfriend/wife/partner simply because of his fame.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have a genuine dilemma about Weller. He's written some of the most powerful, beautiful and memorable songs of my youth, and for that I'll always be grateful.

He is also however a tight arsed sleazebag, who thinks he can have anyone's girlfriend/wife/partner simply because of his fame.

Just goes to show everyone is a mixture of good and bad (except complete ***** like Nigel, Boris, Piers, Kelvin etc etc)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But the reason that we get soundbites over substance is that it's been proven to work. Large numbers of people simply don't want to invest time in understanding the implications and effect of their vote. Sadly, I don't know what the answer is but as someone once said 'the public gets what the public wants' :shrug:

Disappointingly, I have to agree.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Where's the dilemma? :angel:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Agree with you up to the last sentence. I suspect the failings of the system are simply the product of the proportion of the electorate (too high) that are lazy and/or stupid. Some people start out with a belief, then select the 'facts' (some of which actually are facts) that fit their belief and dismiss the other 'facts' (some of which actually may not be facts - see how fair I'm being here?) that don't fit their belief. I remember in the 70s and early 80s there were a few pople I came across that no matter how civilised, erudite, otherwise lovely and humane folk such as Trevor McDonald, Daley Thompson, Chris Ramsey, Diana Ross (need I go on?) might be, it was FACT that black people are inferior, will never be English, and should be deported. And they would hang around in small groups with likeminded chums who reinforced their beliefs to the point they actively hated the other people who thought differently. Did these people change over time? Well, we seem to have one occasional poster on here who thinks most of us are mugs . . . but on the whole the folk who openly 'believe' certain palpable nonsense have simply grown old and died. That's the beauty of evolution; survival not only of the fittest but also the fittest ideas; if your ideas make other people shun you, and make you increasingly bitter, prone to strops and devoid of the ability to laugh at things, empathize and generally get along with different types of people then the ideas that drive you and inform you will simply die when you die. And that thought of that always cheers me up :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
Brilliant speech? Rampant nonsense more like--there are academic teachers, small business owners, former military men etc. among Euro-deputies. He simply insulted them to score cheap brownie points with his primitive voter base. He also said that the EU will be worse off without Britain than Britain without the EU, so he is not only a manipulative liar but also an economic illiterate.
So if you're one of the above you're clear of any criticism , elitism at its best:shrug:
regards
DR

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This has got to be peak Nigel 'man of the people' Farage. The stupid ****.

[tweet]928730704510320640[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well at least we know what the official Russian policy on the WHO is now
and oddly The President of the United States of America, there really is no excuse for the world spinning towards hell in a handcart.

Unless Farage is going for a new catchphrase, he'd have been better off dropping the 'ignore' in favour of #fakeorganisation.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
and oddly The President of the United States of America, there really is no excuse for the world spinning towards hell in a handcart.

Unless Farage is going for a new catchphrase, he'd have been better off dropping the 'ignore' in favour of #fakeorganisation.

Been thinking about this since I got back from my latest visit to the states.

I work in Medical Technology and was in Phoenix with a load of European colleagues and was meeting with Americans from all over the country. Now. These are professional, well educated and skilled folks who, you might think, would not be Trump advocates. I thought that his demographic might be the blue collar working class guys with wall eyed views on migrants and muslims but...I was wrong. The Europeans, to a one, can't see him as anything but a child-man narcissistic and idiotic knobhead. A figure of fun, a liar and ridiculous cretin but , time over time, the Americans would reveal themselves to be admirers. I found it amazing to hear a person who I had previously believed to be articulate and smart talk about Trumps amazing power as a master persuader, a proud defender of American values and a brilliant commander in chief. It was then I realised how doomed we are.

We are royally screwed. We might as well give up now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here