Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Strange that the one Liberal Democrat MEP, Catherine Bearder, tried to make a difference and has done more for her fishermen constituents in South East England by doing work and lobbying DEFRA to administrator the quotas more fairly in places such as Hastings in Good Old Sussex By The Sea, than Farage even has. He just promised them the seas and everything in it and then got his excuses in quick and blamed others for selling them out before a deal has even happened. He's the one who's done f all for his constituents. Plus Catherine Bearder doesn't dress like Rupert The Bear either.

I wondered who Farage reminded me of, now it's clear

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Strange that the one Liberal Democrat MEP, Catherine Bearder, tried to make a difference and has done more for her fishermen constituents in South East England by doing work and lobbying DEFRA to administrator the quotas more fairly in places such as Hastings in Good Old Sussex By The Sea, than Farage even has. He just promised them the seas and everything in it and then got his excuses in quick and blamed others for selling them out before a deal has even happened. He's the one who's done f all for his constituents. Plus Catherine Bearder doesn't dress like Rupert The Bear either.

I had the pleasure of meeting Catherine the other night, in a 5 minute conversation it was clear she fights for her constituents on multiple fronts, Brexit or no Brexit.

Farage has done very little for the people he represents, just shame our nation on the European stage

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I had the pleasure of meeting Catherine the other night, in a 5 minute conversation it was clear she fights for her constituents on multiple fronts, Brexit or no Brexit.

Farage has done very little for the people he represents, just shame our nation on the European stage

As has been mentioned many times, his attendance at the Fishery Committee, on which he sat, has always been pitiful. Mind you, he had no problem trousering MEP cash. Say's it all really.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As has been mentioned many times, his attendance at the Fishery Committee, on which he sat, has always been pitiful. Mind you, he had no problem trousering MEP cash. Say's it all really.

Indeed, and of course a 15% payrise too over the past year, glad someone is getting a Brexit dividend. Meanwhile the little people have had a pay cut, thanks Nige, glad you're alright jack..

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How did all those voters get fooled by such an unmitigated hypocrite as Farage. It's genuinely worrying we have that many gullible people in our country. Ugh.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How did all those voters get fooled by such an unmitigated hypocrite as Farage. It's genuinely worrying we have that many gullible people in our country. Ugh.

If you go down the referendum route that what you end up with, Hilter loved them in the 30's..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But surely that also proves that the European Parliament is democratic? If anything, it is more democratic than our own government. Yes, the bureaucrats come up with the new ideas for law, but the Parliament vote on it as individuals. Not like over here where our parliament come up with law and, whether they agree with it or not, end up having to block vote with the rest of their party. (Yes, it then also has to go through the House of Lords).

Edit: Why have you ended up getting me debating this shit again? Had enough of it during the Brexit campaign and I can't be arsed to go through it again. :lolol:

I think you'll find the commissioners are asked by member states to look at certain laws. They draft them and then MEPs vote on it. No different to our government getting civil servants to investigate and draft laws which the houses of parliament then vote on.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He's nothing more than a virus.

Yeah, he says he's giving up, wants his life back, wants to spend more time in France, hates politics and then he's back again and again.

A pure narcissist like his blood brother is the US

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But surely that also proves that the European Parliament is democratic? If anything, it is more democratic than our own government. Yes, the bureaucrats come up with the new ideas for law, but the Parliament vote on it as individuals. Not like over here where our parliament come up with law and, whether they agree with it or not, end up having to block vote with the rest of their party. (Yes, it then also has to go through the House of Lords).

Edit: Why have you ended up getting me debating this shit again? Had enough of it during the Brexit campaign and I can't be arsed to go through it again. :lolol:

My apologies blame nicko31 for resurrecting this thread. Apparently, baiting Brexiteers is irrestistible! You are well advised to still clear of all this tedious point scoring nonsense.

:wink:

Jan 30, 2008
Still leaving the EU thanks to straight talking nige, what a legend, he will go down in the history books as the man who destroyed the credibility of the EU
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Still leaving the EU thanks to straight talking nige, what a legend, he will go down in the history books as the man who destroyed the credibility of the EU
regards
DR

I note straight talking, credible Nige is still taking the EU cash (our tax money) and still not turning up to work. That's the man you proclaim is the voice of the people, the common man. No decent person I know takes my money but doesn't do the work required.

Yoda

English & European

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
regards
DR

I was looking for the Jam recipes. I thought this must be Pretty Pink Fairy, as no-one could really be that stupid.

Sadly, it wasn't and you are :facepalm:

Attachments

• turkeys+UKIP+VOTING+FOR+CHRISTMAS.jpg
    turkeys+UKIP+VOTING+FOR+CHRISTMAS.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 246
  • AAEAAQAAAAAAAAlAAAAAJDMxMzM0MmZjLWFmZDAtNGExOC1hMmM3LTEzOTU0OGQ2YjhjMQ.png
    AAEAAQAAAAAAAAlAAAAAJDMxMzM0MmZjLWFmZDAtNGExOC1hMmM3LTEzOTU0OGQ2YjhjMQ.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 243

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you're saying (again, for the umpteenth time) that those that disagree with your politics are gullible. Interesting point, thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here