Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporting the other Home Nations in sport

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The only home nation I ever support is Northern Ireland.

Having seen the video of the Welsh players celebrating Iceland's win last night, I absolutely hope Belgium thrash them. I want Belgium to do to them what New Zealand do their rugby team - crush them. I want Robbie Savage to be crying.

Just because they beat Slovakia, Russia and Northern Ireland they seem to think they're world beaters. They're not. They're just like England, who they lost against, except they've got Gareth Bale and Charlotte Jackson from Sky Sports News as their managers wife.
Wales played like NI, Iceland and the rest, basically because they wanted to win.
We only beat Wales because it was Premier league and Championship rivalry at stake, not wanting to lose face I guess.
England never really gave the impression they wanted to win, too much swagger.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just before we won the rugby world cup against Australia in Australia I witnessed in Lanelli market so many in Australian shirts and waving Australian flags I actually thought I might be in Sydney
support that load of tw*ts
not a chance
they hate us
live there and find out

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
just before we won the rugby world cup against Australia in Australia I witnessed in Lanelli market so many in Australian shirts and waving Australian flags I actually thought I might be in Sydney
support that load of tw*ts
not a chance
they hate us
live there and find out
we dont agree on much mate , but on this we are as one :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Supporting Wales, and if they fall then loyalties go to Germany.

I would have supported Wales before seeing the team celebrating England's defeat.
Now I want to see Iceland go as far as possible and Italy to win it.

Both real teams.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Would the England players have done the same, if situation reversed?

They would have been too absorbed with their music and their phones:)

Edit
Also they would not be watching it together. Probably all in separate rooms!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Italy is my second team, Wales used to be third until I lived there. Love the country and the people, just don't like seeing them do well at sport :)

Iceland have been the perfect underdogs throughout, no bad bones with them. I'll be rooting for them against France.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Personally couldn't give two shits about other home countries to be honest. I don't celebrate them losing though, they just don't concern me.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
NOT a chance, they hate us, they support whoever is against us. I am wearing my Belgium colours with pride on Friday. I hope they get a proper stuffing off them.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Sounds like I`m in minority...I would love to see Wales go as far as possible...Bale has IMO come across well.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't want Wales to win on Friday, but then I didn't before their 'celebrations'. I've never understood this wanting the other 'home' nations to win. They are our local rivals, historically our enemies and I wish them nothing but ill in sport same as they do us. You can also add the French and the Germans to that list. Oh and in case you were wondering I voted remain :lolol:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Of course they are going to laugh at their big neighbour getting stuffed and they are still in the game. I am at a meeting tomorrow and will have to put up with a load of friendly guff, but I will be supporting Wales from here on. Here comes humble pie.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
I support England. Why would I then support another side?
When the Albion are knocked out of the FA cup, I don't look around for a replacement.
If I was going to however, I would at least choose a team likely to win the tournament ☺

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pathetic from the Welsh squad, especially as we beat them less than 2 weeks ago. Rein it in you idiots. Thank God there's no UK football team.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Pathetic from the Welsh squad, especially as we beat them less than 2 weeks ago. Rein it in you idiots. Thank God there's no UK football team.
There was Great Britain team at the olympics , dont you remember the welsh team members refusing to sing GSTQ ? I'd have binned them from the squad for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here