Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sadly, I don't care any more.......

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The OP is absolutely correct and this is how we have become as England fans. The overpaid wankers that 'play' for England do not give a shit about the result, pretending to be oh so heartbroken at the final whistle. The Charlton brothers, Bobby Moore, Nobby, Sir Stan, Alan Ball, Shearer, Gazza, Beckham will be embarrassed by this current bunch.

Snivelling wet wipes you Palace turd? Were you happy with that tonight? Not a ****in clue.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Not worth the stress and emotional commitment. Save your heart and your mind, give up on England. Concentrate on our beloved BHA!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I chuckled at the Icelandic equaliser, I laughed out loud and clapped as they took the lead, in the full expectation that England, my England, would beat the pesky Viking types as the game went on.

I have watched England both home and away, not as much as many but more than most. I have rejoiced at our occasional victory snatched from the jaws etc, more often I have despaired at our inability to perform on the big stage. Sometimes I have cried, other times I have not behaved as well as I should have done, sorry.

Tonight? I am shocked, shocked that I could not really care. My love for this country, and particularly our football team, is gone. We really do have a culture of self gratification, of 'I am worth it', and much of it stems from our obsession with football, especially the Premier League. Money, celebrity, fame, beauty, and further down the line a flash motor, the biggest TV possible, and that oh so necessary designer clobber.

But to be more accurate, it is not about football, it is about our culture. The one where we as a country believe that we are better than the rest, better than Europe, that we can take on the world and win. As a nation we have voted for Brexit, cos we know best. Fxxk the French/Germans and the refugees, fxxk the fact that every economic expert said don't do it, fxxk everyone that dares not to have the Bulldog Bobby attitude.

Yeah, I am still whinging about the referendum, but I accept the decision. I am just gutted that my opinion of everything England is now so jaundiced. There really is no reason for pride in our country anymore.

An emotional reaction, perhaps, but at a deeper level filled with much truth. I know I've disagreed with much you say on here, but I respect your intelligence and ability to articulate it- and I stand by what you say here.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No not really. But using it to have a pop at this country and its people is hardly right is it?

I don't think he is, I just think he's just summing up his view of the present, as perceived by many, in an emotional way. You, however, have decided to go through the route of personal abuse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I chuckled at the Icelandic equaliser, I laughed out loud and clapped as they took the lead, in the full expectation that England, my England, would beat the pesky Viking types as the game went on.

I have watched England both home and away, not as much as many but more than most. I have rejoiced at our occasional victory snatched from the jaws etc, more often I have despaired at our inability to perform on the big stage. Sometimes I have cried, other times I have not behaved as well as I should have done, sorry.

Tonight? I am shocked, shocked that I could not really care. My love for this country, and particularly our football team, is gone. We really do have a culture of self gratification, of 'I am worth it', and much of it stems from our obsession with football, especially the Premier League. Money, celebrity, fame, beauty, and further down the line a flash motor, the biggest TV possible, and that oh so necessary designer clobber.

But to be more accurate, it is not about football, it is about our culture. The one where we as a country believe that we are better than the rest, better than Europe, that we can take on the world and win. As a nation we have voted for Brexit, cos we know best. Fxxk the French/Germans and the refugees, fxxk the fact that every economic expert said don't do it, fxxk everyone that dares not to have the Bulldog Bobby attitude.

Yeah, I am still whinging about the referendum, but I accept the decision. I am just gutted that my opinion of everything England is now so jaundiced. There really is no reason for pride in our country anymore.

Ditto, had so many years of hurt that I can't be hurt anymore.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I've been heading towards 'don't give a toss' territory since the South Africa WC and then with the 2018 & 2022 WC debacle going to Russia & Qatar. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me though, I was going to boycott 2018 & 2022 anyway on principle but today was the day I stopped supporting England. Utterly clueless and embarrassing, all I care about is the Albion from this point on, England can go fuk themselves.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally I thought England's performance reminded me of some remainers attitudes since the vote .... gutless, little or no self belief , lack of passion for the shirt, etc etc

:p

And you smile? Happy with it? Seriously :nono:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Mummy's tucked Swillis up in bed with teddy and his Jim'll fix it video.

We'll hear from him in the morning when he's had his Ready Brek.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I don't think he is, I just think he's just summing up his view of the present, as perceived by many, in an emotional way. You, however, have decided to go through the route of personal abuse.

Why would you use the way a bunch of over hyped, over paid, egotistic footballers represent their country as another excuse to moan about a country, it's people, oh and the referendum.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We as Albion fans should no more than most about the importance of a good manager, he is more important than any player. Hodgson was way out of his depth, tonight he got found out and some. A complete chancer. Inter Milan, sacked after 6 months, Liverpool, sacked after 6 months. Got lucky with Fulham in ONE season and got the flipping England job off the back of it. The FA got what they deserved here.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why would you use the way a bunch of over hyped, over paid, egotistic footballers represent their country as another excuse to moan about a country, it's people, oh and the referendum.

But to be more accurate, it is not about football, it is about our culture. - shows an ability to delineate what the issue is
The one where we as a country believe that we are better than the rest, better than Europe, that we can take on the world and win- True of many and a common view of Europeans towards us.
As a nation we have voted for Brexit, cos we know best. Fxxk the French/Germans and the refugees, fxxk the fact that every economic expert said don't do it, fxxk everyone that dares not to have the Bullldog Bobby attitude. - A bit too general, perhaps, and unfair on many, but true of too many.
Yeah, I am still whinging about the referendum, but I accept the decision- Bitter but balanced with reason and respect.
I am just gutted that my opinion of everything England is now so jaundiced. There really is no reason for pride in our country anymore.- True of many, including many who voted 'Leave'.

A quote from a German neighbour, who has since been the subject of a racial slur...

'Germany experimented with this "ueber alles" concept, and I can wholeheartedly advise that imagined superiority is a shite idea.'

Yep.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has your love for and pride of this country gone too?

'too' as in 'like yours'?!!!! Love, never lost never will be lost. Pride . . . . proud of what exactly? Our past, yes. We had the most humane of all global empires, albeit with the occasional genocide. So it goes . . . perhaps. Proud of our political tradition? That ended last week. Proud of our countryside? Sure. Our tolerance? 'Polish Vermin' out? Yeah, right. Proud of the way we strut our stuff on the world stage? No. I think we need to take a cold hard look at ourselves, in sport, in politics, and in society.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well no one's talking about Brexit any more.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Denmark, Greece, Holland, Italy, Spain, Germany, West Germany, France.....and then there's us. It's not just this time it's decades of shit, decades of shit and our goal tonight wasn't even a penalty.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
'too' as in 'like yours'?!!!! Love, never lost never will be lost. Pride . . . . proud of what exactly? Our past, yes. We had the most humane of all global empires, albeit with the occasional genocide. So it goes . . . perhaps. Proud of our political tradition? That ended last week. Proud of our countryside? Sure. Our tolerance? 'Polish Vermin' out? Yeah, right. Proud of the way we strut our stuff on the world stage? No. I think we need to take a cold hard look at ourselves, in sport, in politics, and in society.

My love and pride for this country is fine. No I meant like the OP's.

Tolerating the democratic majority decision made by the British people in the referendum would be a good start in helping the nation come together.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Denmark, Greece, Holland, Italy, Spain, Germany, West Germany, France.....and then there's us. It's not just this time it's decades of shit, decades of shit and our goal tonight wasn't even a penalty.

No the t w a t fell over due to his buttplug falling out

seagullhoop

Nov 6, 2012
Brighton
Apparently England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:
Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports