Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sadly, I don't care any more.......

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Great post by the OP. I really feel that with the brexit vote things couldn't get worse then come the usual shower from the England team. Our country is divided and is in a bad way. This has to be one of the worst weeks for the UK in decades. We are going full speed ahead into a recession and uncertainty and yet brexiters are lauding it up and smugly stating it's a win for democracy. Mean while racists are now using the brexit vote as a reason to bully and abuse hard working innocent immigrants (some not even immigrants and were born here but are just not white)

Now I may get shot down in flames but a little piece of me feels that had England won and had a good tournament the racists, loud louts would be more brash, more racist would only be louder. Feeling even more superior to everyone else. At least this embarrassment of the national team may keep this type of person quiet for a bit. (I haven't explained this well)

I fear for the way this country is going. There does feel to be the beginnings of a 1930s Germany...

This is where I get abused and shot down .... But it's how I feel... I love this country and have never wanted to live anywhere else... I don't even like going on holiday... But for the first time the thought of moving abroad has crossed my mind

See you then bye

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Fair enough. I would never argue with 17 million. But I'm not sure this was 'the point' here . . . .

Prefer this analysis to the OP's

It's not about feeling superior it's about feeling disenfranchised, being constantly ignored ... people feeling they were powerless to bring about real change. Distant from those making decisions. The EU being one part of the problem.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but there are numerous European countries that have populations that feel the same way and are teetering on the brink of leaving the EU. Suggesting this is just about our culture or we no best is convenient bollox believed by people who can't come to terms with the referendum result.

Time to look for solutions to bring the country (which has been divided for a long time) together rather than wallow in self pity!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Great post by the OP. I really feel that with the brexit vote things couldn't get worse then come the usual shower from the England team. Our country is divided and is in a bad way. This has to be one of the worst weeks for the UK in decades. We are going full speed ahead into a recession and uncertainty and yet brexiters are lauding it up and smugly stating it's a win for democracy. Mean while racists are now using the brexit vote as a reason to bully and abuse hard working innocent immigrants (some not even immigrants and were born here but are just not white)

Now I may get shot down in flames but a little piece of me feels that had England won and had a good tournament the racists, loud louts would be more brash, more racist would only be louder. Feeling even more superior to everyone else. At least this embarrassment of the national team may keep this type of person quiet for a bit. (I haven't explained this well)

I fear for the way this country is going. There does feel to be the beginnings of a 1930s Germany...

This is where I get abused and shot down .... But it's how I feel... I love this country and have never wanted to live anywhere else... I don't even like going on holiday... But for the first time the thought of moving abroad has crossed my mind

Goodness, all this because people disagree with you. I think if the vote had gone the other way I would have been a lot more gracious. So much doom and gloom on this thread. The football was shocking but this is a young team and I think they will improve which makes them different from previous failed England teams. Some of the players (esp Kane) looked jaded coming into the tournament. Perhaps the competiveness of our domestic football means we just cant expect too much in international football other than enjoying the ride.
You wont get any abuse from me old chap. Cheer up!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was thinking exactly the same tonight. I was gutted after Boro and Wednesday and it took me a while to move on. Tonight will take no time as those players don't seem bothered so why should I be. Looking forward to Derby away now

You are confusing 'not being bothered' with crap. I don't mind watching players who are not that brilliant - I do that sometimes when I watch some non-league football - but I cannot get my head around £100,000 a week players performing like that.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I can't identify with the vocal supporters of England "rule britannia, britannia rules the waves", i can't identify with national anthem "born to reign over us", I can't identify with the footballers and how much they get paid and lastly i find it hard to not be surprised and disappointed in there choice of sponsors, McDonalds and Mars; maybe I'm on my own with this but i find it hard to identify with any elements of my country's football team.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watched it in the pub, there was laughter when Iceland took the lead. Its hard to proud of this country in any way right now, we a complete mess

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's hard to get emotionally attached to a set of players who get paid more a week more than what most get paid a year. They're alright jack, they can all **** off back home to a life of riley.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Time to look for solutions to bring the country (which has been divided for a long time) together rather than wallow in self pity!

Apart from a few years during the world wars, this country has always been deeply divided.

It's not about wallowing in self-pity, it's about coming to terms with the extent to which acceptable nationalism has been perverted by bigotry, discrimination, ignorance , xenophobia and hate.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Couldn't agree more, Brexit is also ripping families apart by generation, its desperate times. We had a great Rugby team win Down Under last weekend, for once it was hard to gloat.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
My love and pride for this country is fine. No I meant like the OP's.

Tolerating the democratic majority decision made by the British people in the referendum would be a good start in helping the nation come together.
This is such a stupid argument we have seen trotted out since the referendum, why tolerate the decision? Its no more democratic to tolerate a decision you think is fundementally wrong. After an election do all labour supporters 'convert' to the conservative party and vice versa, no we carry on argueing and fighting for the values we believe in. Therefore all remain voters should carry on fighting any attempts to leave. It was after all only an advisory vote and is not binding in any way.
No the t w a t fell over due to his buttplug falling out

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Apart from a few years during the world wars, this country has always been deeply divided.

It's not about wallowing in self-pity, it's about coming to terms with the extent to which acceptable nationalism has been perverted by bigotry, discrimination, ignorance , xenophobia and hate.

One of the biggest contributions to bigotry, discrimination, ignorance , xenophobia and hate is continually ignoring the public's legitimate concerns over mass immigration.

I would argue this result has just about saved us from a rapid rise in support for extremist parties that are on the march across Europe. People might not like UKIP but they are a model of tolerance compared with some on the continent.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This is such a stupid argument we have seen trotted out since the referendum, why tolerate the decision? Its no more democratic to tolerate a decision you think is fundementally wrong. After an election do all labour supporters 'convert' to the conservative party and vice versa, no we carry on argueing and fighting for the values we believe in. Therefore all remain voters should carry on fighting any attempts to leave. It was after all only an advisory vote and is not binding in any way.

Continue to argue for your values and beliefs while accepting the democratic will of the country as a whole is the only way democracy can function. The referendum result is binding according to the two main parties.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's hard to get emotionally attached to a set of players who get paid more a week more than what most get paid a year. They're alright jack, they can all **** off back home to a life of riley.
danny baker nailing it on twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here