Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here they come.....get ready for the roar!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Got bored watching Del Potro v Wawrinka on BBC1 so giving BBC2 a try with Venus Williams v Kasatkina but starting to get a bit pissed off with Williams' screaming noises. I thought there were rules in place about this.

No, you have too wear the earnets the OP told us about!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
This is shaping up to be a really interesting 2nd week.

Djokovic going out throws the top half of the draw wide open. You would think Roger Federer will be looking at that thinking he won't get a better chance to land 1 more Grand Slam before he retires. But there are a couple of dangerous players in his section of the draw still. He could play Marin Cilic in the quarter-finals who has looked good in the tournament so far and seems to be serving accurately. There's also Milos Raonic who gave Andy Murray such a tough match in the final at Queen's.

Murray's half of the draw has already seen Wawrinka go out and the up-and-coming Dominic Thiem lose as well, but there are still some very good players left in on that side. Murray could face Nick Kyrgios in the next round if they both win their 3rd round matches today (Murray up 6-5 in the 2nd as I type). That won't be an easy match for Murray. Negotiate that and he would probably get one of either Tsonga or Gasquet in the quarter-finals who have both been really good grass court players for several years now. If Del Potro can continue to be as sharp as he was against Wawrinka, he could go deep in the tournament too and then there's the young German Zverev who has shown good form in the warm-up tournaments.

Federer-Murray final looks favourite, but there's plenty of good grass court players left in the draw who they should be wary of.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone lucky enough to get tickets for people Sunday yesterday?? Shows the huge love affair Brits have with tennis and Wimbledon that the 22,000 tickets were sold out in an astonishing 27 minutes. The atmosphere at Wilmbledon is always electric but it kranks up a few more vaults on these very special peoples Sundays.

I was listening to the wireless before play yesterday and it was funny, there was a big roar and the commentators said here come the players and it was only the ball boys who were coming out :lolol:. My missu also starting having a rage at me when the players did come out as the volume was diminishing her enjoyment of cash in the attic and she swore blind I had turned the volume up deliberately and I had to tell her it was just the noise of the audience on Center Court.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
C'mon Andy!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here