Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

..and where are the Lib Dems ?

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I don't disagree and the tuition fees sellout was a major factor in why I discounted the party at the last general election.

However, just out of interest, who do you feel that we can trust? I'm honestly not being sarcastic. To me it seems pretty much every party has blotted its copybook one way or another over the past decade or so. Labour had the small matter of Iraq. The Tories say we are all in this together but they've spent the last six years trying to eviscerate my terms and conditions of employment. The LibDems we have already discussed. UKIP, having fulfilled their raison d'être, are already climbing down on NHS spending commitments made over the referendum campaign if you follow Farage's remarks. Where do we go if we want trust?

I've voted Green recently as they've not personally let me down yet. That's mainly because they haven't had a chance to, as I don't live in Brighton.

Honestly, I don't know, I just feel that the Lib Dems don't seem to hold any sway anymore, unfortunately Nick Clegg had his own agenda and led them down a path that has set them back years, UKIP I'm just not sure about, Labour and the Tories would depend on their leader/cabinet for me, I would never vote for Jeremy Corbyn, and Cameron is no longer a starter, I'm not a great believer in the Green Party, although I do believe in the ethos of a greener Britain.
I think voting for a political party to govern the country, and voting in the referendum are two completely different things, as there were remain and leave candidates in all parties.
Now I have probably made my ideas about as clear as mud

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The 16 Million+ people who voted to remain in The European Union should just accept their lot, not bother joining The Liberal Democrats and their 8 democratically elected MP's in Westminster and turning their political view into a voice, and just celebrate the 'independence day' public holiday next year at food banks that were once Polski Skleps.

Wanting to re-join the EU as a political policy? Engaging in democracy, such as the EU referendum that was lost by the 'remain' argument? No way. That is just Brussels style political correctness gone completely mad.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Rubbish. Article 50 says Brexit has to be finalised within two years - in other words by autumn 2018. The next election is in May 2020.

I really don't see why the Lib Dems position is undemocratic. They're offering a choice to voters and surely that's the democratic right to do so. If people want to vote for it, that's up to them

There are numerous reports suggesting it is likely the new PM will call a snap election and there is a mechanism to trigger it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...is-would-hold-an-early-election-a7088151.html

Labour think it's a real possibility which is one of the reasons why they are acting to remove Comrade Corbyn now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-benn-sacked-from-shadow-cabinet-by-jeremy-c/

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
[Tweet]747081191354937344[/tweet]

I deserted the Tories before the last election and voted Lib Dem as the closest viable option to my views. I voted leave on Thursday. I am now in the political wilderness......can somebody now please form a party that I can vote for! And before anybody suggests it, no Labour is not an option

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I deserted the Tories before the last election and voted Lib Dem as the closest viable option to my views. I voted leave on Thursday. I am now in the political wilderness......can somebody now please form a party that I can vote for! And before anybody suggests it, no Labour is not an option

Join the club, living in Worthing, my vote has never counted either:)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Join the club, living in Worthing, my vote has never counted either:)

You served your country. Can you honestly say you're truly proud of it at the minute? My Great Uncle died for it, my father served it for it among others. I feel many things at present but pride is not one of them. In my lifetime I've never seen a more divided one and I truly do love this country too.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Fair enough. But you have to admit, it would be political suicide for anyone in government to overturn the people's wishes. Quite honestly, I think the EU is intransigent and wouldn't want us anyway. We have always caused it problems and this one will likely turn into something even bigger as pressure rises for further referenda in other EU countries.

We pay in 350 million a week (gross) and they sell 10 times as much to us as we sell to them. I'm not sure the thinking members of the EU are keen for us to go.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You served your country. Can you honestly say you're truly proud of it at the minute? My Great Uncle died for it, my father served it for it among others. I feel many things at present but pride is not one of them. In my lifetime I've never seen a more divided one and I truly do love this country too.

I must admit, I don't like what we are becoming, I can see a return to the days when casual racism is an accepted attitude, if the Scots follow through on their promise to leave the Union, a wave of anti Scottish rhetoric that has already started will further divide us.
When I was a serviceman I would try to get out of the duties I found went against my principles, I wangled my way out of the breaking of the Firemans strike in 77, by applying for a course that I had to complete,and the bloke who took my place,loved it, left the Navy, and became a firefighter, I saw him on the Telly recently, he's a senior officer now.
No doubt I'm going to get flamed by the usual suspects, but I see nothing good coming out of this, it's a complete mess, and is only going to get worse.
The leavers really believe that this country of ours is looked on as special by the rest of the World and it really isn't, it's looked on as a small belligerent country full of angry people, and at the moment they might be right

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
[Tweet]747081191354937344[/tweet]

They have been pro EU ever since i can remember, not sure why some on here are so surprised. I won't vote for Boris but will vote labour of liberal on a pro EU plesge. election should be prior to article 50 being invoked so the new leader has an exit agenda....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here