Page 247 of 277 FirstFirst ... 147197237244245246247248249250257 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2764

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deletebeepbeepbeep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well ignoring the fact that Tony Blair is politically toxic he would never get voted in by the membership.
    Indeed.. but there are still quite a lot of 'New Labour' MPs who are desperate for some sort of an escape from their nightmare. Some of them might be stupid enough to rally behind the Blair cause?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Can't see it going down very well in Stoke either?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by happypig View Post
      I voted for Corbyn as leader (twice). I hoped he would bring something fresh whilst being a strong Leader of the Opposition and hold a rather weak and fractured Tory Government to account. While I still like him and his style I think he's somewhat ineffective and not doing a great job.
      To be electable (let alone actually get elected) the leader needs to have charisma and appeal; Blair had it, Cameron had it, even Thatcher, for all her sins, had it. Brown and Milliband didn't, nor did Hague, Duncan-Smith or Howard. Sadly Corbyn doesn't have it.
      The problem is that there's not a natural leader-in-waiting; I get the feeling that, like Boris Johnson, some of Labour's potential heavyweights (Clive Lewis, Dan Jarvis to name a couple) are holding on until after the 2020 election. They want to see what the fallout from Brexit is and where we are economically before making a push for leader.
      Of course, were Corbyn to fall on his sword it might force some of those waiting to put themselves forward.
      In my view, though, the next Labour leader has to be someone who isn't considered as a "Westminsterite"; if we've learned anything from the Brexit referendum it's that some Labour voters in the regions feel alienated and left behind by the London elite.
      always thought that JC was paving the way for a younger thrusting leader........................ ...but who?
      neuter and microchip and keep your cats in at night and just in case you lose one of the little buggers
      anyone who loses a cat can contact me by pm.
      ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by glasfryn View Post
      always thought that JC was paving the way for a younger thrusting leader........................ ...but who?
      Tom Watson
      Keir Starmer
      Dan Jarvis
      Rebecca Long-Bailey
      Clive Lewes
      Lisa Nandy
      Hilary Benn

Out of that lot, the only person who I think the current membership would get behind is Clive Lewes, I think Keir Starmer has performed better - both completely inexperienced at the moment.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by glasfryn View Post
      Nah, paving the way for a Labour decimation at the next election followed by another term of Tory's doing whatever they want unopposed while Labour rebuilds itself (or tears itself into oblivion). Corbyn as leader isn't going to make Labour electable ... quite the opposite, I think: while he's enjoyed strong support within Labour membership ranks, I don't believe he enjoys anywhere near the same support in the wider electorate of non-members. And, unfortunately, Corbyn seems more interested in hanging on to the leadership at all costs (because democracy) rather than doing what would be best for the party as a whole (including the members who want to see a Labour government sometime soon) and voluntarily vacating so someone more electable can take over.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
      Nah, paving the way for a Labour decimation at the next election followed by another term of Tory's doing whatever they want unopposed while Labour rebuilds itself (or tears itself into oblivion). Corbyn as leader isn't going to make Labour electable ... quite the opposite, I think: while he's enjoyed strong support within Labour membership ranks, I don't believe he enjoys anywhere near the same support in the wider electorate of non-members. And, unfortunately, Corbyn seems more interested in hanging on to the leadership at all costs (because democracy) rather than doing what would be best for the party as a whole (including the members who want to see a Labour government sometime soon) and voluntarily vacating so someone more electable can take over.
      Having gained power within the Labour party beyond their wildest dreams and as a result of the miscalculations and mistakes by the centre, the left will never willingly relinquish power. Corbyn is a figurehead leader, the real drive and power lies with the puppeteers - people like McDonnell, McCluskey and Lansman. The Labour party membership which keeps the left in power now consists, in the main, of students, doctrinaire idealists and ageing lefties. The party has to split and reform into a centerist party and a left wing rump. It's the only way forward.
      برايتون حتى أموت

0 Not allowed!
      More chaos for Corbyn...

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by deletebeepbeepbeep View Post
      Tom Watson
      Keir Starmer
      Dan Jarvis
      Rebecca Long-Bailey
      Clive Lewes
      Lisa Nandy
      Hilary Benn

Out of that lot, the only person who I think the current membership would get behind is Clive Lewes, I think Keir Starmer has performed better - both completely inexperienced at the moment.
      I'd make a BETTER leader than any of that lot
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      I'd make a BETTER leader than any of that lot
      Indeed you would Enrest.

A stupid party needs an equally stupid leader.
      "After an investigation, Crystal Palace have been docked points for cheating." -Playforyourclub.com

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cjd View Post
      Indeed you would Enrest.

A stupid party needs an equally stupid leader.
      Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh my word how funny.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."