Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Now it costs £25 per annum to be a member of the Tory party but only £3 at one stage to join the Labour party what a gift to the Tories and Labour want to be seen as fit for office. As for deselection it has already started and J/C will put it down as a local issue.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They had a labour party lead the country, winning three general elections, but it wasnt good enough. Apparently they were tory lite warmongers. They are like cannibals at the moment.

Indeed, they would rather lose than try to improve the lot of working people because that would involve compromise and working with opponents. They are usually wealthy enough to have that choice.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Indeed, they would rather lose than try to improve the lot of working people because that would involve compromise and working with opponents. They are usually wealthy enough to have that choice.

Yep. Usual hypocritical stuff. Corbyn went to an independent school and then a....wait for it....a grammar school. :lolol: Dianne Aboot sends her kids to private school :lolol: Shami went to a girls school... They are a bunch of hypocrites who will tell the masses how to live whilst feathering their own nest and ignoring the people they profess to support

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. Usual hypocritical stuff. Corbyn went to an independent school and then a....wait for it....a grammar school. :lolol: Dianne Aboot sends her kids to private school :lolol: Shami went to a girls school... They are a bunch of hypocrites who will tell the masses how to live whilst feathering their own nest and ignoring the people they profess to support

Quite. Andy 'Burn Them' on the radio today spoke sense. Everyone in the party has to get behind Corbyn, but Corbyn has to block deselection of sitting MPs (i.e., disavow the momentum juvenile delinquents). That would work. But sadly it won't happent, and Maggie May will rule the day.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Oh yes, the ' voters are stupid and do what the press say argument.' Heard that a lot in the Referendum campaign.
On your other point you say voters were shown 'some' of JC's policies. For goodness sake , I agree with some of JC's policies and I would never vote for him ! I would imagine 'some' diidn't include the deal breakers of unilateral nuclear disarmament, pacifism and open borders/unlimited immigration. These are middle class student concerns. The Northern working class will not vote for these policies. 70 % of Labour voters voted for Brexit ! I'm sorry but you and many other southern Labour people just don't understand the party and the country. Not sure how old you are but Ive seen it all before and am feeling quite disillusioned by the re-appearance of these delusional characters. Citizen Smith for Foreign Secretary ?

Mate I live in Birmingham. Not exactly the south nor am I a labour supporter. At no point did I say that the electorate were stupid. However, if the press undermine JC at every turn it is no wonder that people disregard him on name alone whilst ignoring his policies. To say the media have no influence on voters would be off the mark.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I want to be on ths list, its a must have

Me too. I like being on hit lists compiled by cretins :lolol:

To be fair to Enrest, I think his sixth form stalinist persona is 'just for comedy purposes' only. No compromise with the ERECTorate :lolol::bigwave:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Mate I live in Birmingham. Not exactly the south nor am I a labour supporter. At no point did I say that the electorate were stupid. However, if the press undermine JC at every turn it is no wonder that people disregard him on name alone whilst ignoring his policies. To say the media have no influence on voters would be off the mark.

Yes you are saying the electorate are stupid. Most of the electorate make up their own mind regardless of right wing or left wing news rags.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Quite. Andy 'Burn Them' on the radio today spoke sense. Everyone in the party has to get behind Corbyn, but Corbyn has to block deselection of sitting MPs (i.e., disavow the momentum juvenile delinquents). That would work. But sadly it won't happent, and Maggie May will rule the day.

Indeed Harry. Andy Burnthem went to Cambridge University. From my recollections of applying for university they are very selective on who they take

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yes you are saying the electorate are stupid. Most of the electorate make up their own mind regardless of right wing or left wing news rags.

You most be woefully ignorant if you think the media don't influence people's opinions.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Fair enough, I'm sorry I made assumptions about you. I just feel that ordinary people have been sold down the river.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
oirii0.png

Ah. That's nice.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You most be woefully ignorant if you think the media don't influence people's opinions.

Lol, ok maybe they influence dunces. I'll give you that. They didn't influence leavers in the ref though did they. The propaganda machine was fully switched on then and the dire warnings were ignored. So, you want to be told what to do then you will always remain an idiot. Meaning generally not having a go at you specifically.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

That's an absolute bollocks argument: children have little say where they go to school, that's a decision for parents. It's particularly inappropriate for Corbyn whose marriage split up over the issue of his son's education as he refused to go along with his wife's decision to send him to an independent school. If there's one politician who completely sticks to his principles on education, it's him

That doesn't obviously apply to Abbott who's a hypocrite of the worst sort.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
That's an absolute bollocks argument: children have little say where they go to school, that's a decision for parents. It's particularly inappropriate for Corbyn whose marriage split up over the issue of his son's education as he refused to go along with his wife's decision to send him to an independent school. If there's one politician who completely sticks to his principles on education, it's him

So his kids went to a private school :tosser:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Perhaps some. There are also large numbers who choose their newspaper to match their political views. If the Mirror starts singing Theresa May's praises they will lose a lot of readers.It is too easy to blame the press when one loses the debate.

Haven't you just reiterated my point in a way? Say you choose to read the Daily Mail. Once a week they say JC is XY and Z (all very negative) then one day the evening news says that JC is actually alright. Who are you more likely to believe? Has the Mail influenced that view or did you form that opinion on your own without influence or bias? I think the former.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Haven't you just reiterated my point in a way? Say you choose to read the Daily Mail. Once a week they say JC is XY and Z (all very negative) then one day the evening news says that JC is actually alright. Who are you more likely to believe? Has the Mail influenced that view or did you form that opinion on your own without influence or bias? I think the former.

Depends why you read the Daily Mail. If it's because it matches your politics then the causation is opposite. It's very difficult to know really. I would just hesitate to assume that people are automatically jumping to the tune of their newspaper. Ordinary people are turned off by nuclear disarmament, pacifism and open borders. That's not because of newspapers. Those middle class ideals are I would suggest unfathomable to working class people.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I don't go along with the accusation that JC is a hypocrite on this issue. I just wonder what sort of man he is to put his political views above his wife's wishes. It's a good illustration of his lack of engagement with the real world.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The country doesn't need a gutless, spineless inert clown leading the Labour party.

You're a disgrace. F**k off. Get Chuka in.

It's time for"@simster to concede defeat. This thread is embarrassingly right wing and always has been.

Here come the anti-austerity party. Here come the party of social justice.

This thread needs a name change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here