LOONEY BIN
Tom Watson
Keir Starmer
Dan Jarvis
Rebecca Long-Bailey
Clive Lewes
Lisa Nandy
Hilary Benn

Out of that lot, the only person who I think the current membership would get behind is Clive Lewes, I think Keir Starmer has performed better - both completely inexperienced at the moment.

I'd make a BETTER leader than any of that lot

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed you would Enrest.

A stupid party needs an equally stupid leader.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh my word how funny.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Latest Guardian/ICM poll (17-19 Feb)

18 point lead for the Tories. The highest ever Tory lead in an ICM/Guardian poll. The biggest Tory lead for any polling organisation since June 2008. And 4% more than at any time under Miliband.

CON: 44% (+2)
LAB: 26% (-1)
UKIP: 13% (+1)
LDEM: 8% (-2)
GRN: 4% (-)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

18 point lead for the Tories. The highest ever Tory lead in an ICM/Guardian poll. The biggest Tory lead for any polling organisation since June 2008. And 4% more than at any time under Miliband.

Can't believe 26% still want to vote for labour

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

This really spells the end of the Labour Party as we know it, the way the government is perceived to be performing at present those top two percentages should be reversed, Corbyn should hang his head in shame to what he has done to the Party, and a load of xtra groovy party members doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And today Corybn says he will definitely be the Labour leader for the 2020 election.

Party starts at 10 Downing Street with Mrs May leading the celebrations.

Bookies taking bets on how many seats Labour will lose and who will be official opposition pist that election.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Corbyn is interested in defining the labour party in his mould, not in leading the country. He thinks the non hard core will ultimately see the light once he has won his internal battles #notaclude

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Gerald Kaufman has passed away today.

This means another by-election although Gorton is one of the safest seats of all for Labour..

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Gerald Kaufman has passed away today.

This means another by-election although Gorton is one of the safest seats of all for Labour..

Gorton is one of the biggest shitholes in Manchester (which is saying something). Another UKIP attempt I would have thought but a likely Labour victory with reduced majority?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Surely not even Corbyn could muck this one up?

General Election 2015: Manchester Gorton

Lab Sir Gerald Kaufman 28,187 67.1%
Grn Laura Bannister 4,108 9.8%
Con Mohammed Afzal 4,063 9.7%
UKIP Phil Eckersley 3,434 8.2%
LDem Dave Page 1,782 4.2%

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Gorton is one of the biggest shitholes in Manchester (which is saying something). Another UKIP attempt I would have thought but a likely Labour victory with reduced majority?

Liberal Democrats stand to gain votes from Labour. Not sure about UKIP. Comfortable 50% ish of the vote and retained. Will be a good barometer of change in 'working class' areas. I would have thought that Corbyn has appeal here.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I would have thought that Corbyn has appeal here.

Corbyn is an affluent London based upper middle class bloke who has never had to worry about where his next wage packet is going to come from, so no I don't think he has much in common with North Manchester working class voters.

However Gorton is as Red as they come and its highly unlikely UKIP or the Lib Dems will take the seat.

Of course if they do then that is the end of Project Corbyn.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Careful! I dared to (accurately) state Stoke is a total shit hole and I got a lot of abuse for it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-coup/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

John McDonnell, Jeremy Corbyn's closest ally, has blamed Labour's disastrous performance on a "soft coup" by moderate MPs and warned that the party's "very existence" is at risk.

The Shadow Chancellor said that an "alliance" was working behind-the-scenes on a new "planned, co-ordinated and fully resourced" plot to bring down the Labour leader.

He also claimed that the latest coup was being led by "elements in the Labour Party and the Murdoch media empire".

:laugh:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here