Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The photos have been proved to be false too, not that you want to believe it. Wrap you head in tinfoil and continue to listen to those voices in your head

Proven to be false? So...just for clarification here - you're asserting that Virgin have deliberately doctored photos and then the chairman of that company has published these fake photos in an attempt to smear the leader of the opposition. And I'm the one who has the tinfoil wrapped around my head?

Desperate stuff Ernest.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What would you rather have......................keep holding leadership Elections till he loses. At some point these people need to accept the Democratic Vote of the members

I'm perfectly happy to accept the democratic vote of Labour Members as long as you are happy to accept the consequent democratic General Election Vote.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What would you rather have......................keep holding leadership Elections till he loses. At some point these people need to accept the Democratic Vote of the members

I'd rather they stuck to the courage of their convictions rather than go along with something they clearly don't believe in. After all this is a trait that is supposedly one of Corbyn's strengths. Surely it's a good thing then?

The democratic will of the Labour Party is to support a nuclear deterrent. If Corbyn sees fit to go against the will of the party then why should anyone else be beholden to what the members vote for?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm perfectly happy to accept the democratic vote of Labour Members as long as you are happy to accept the consequent democratic General Election Vote.

Of Course I am......................................But I don't think it is such a foregone conclusion that the media are leading us to believe

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'd rather they stuck to the courage of their convictions rather than go along with something they clearly don't believe in. After all this is a trait that is supposedly one of Corbyn's strengths. Surely it's a good thing then?

The democratic will of the Labour Party is to support a nuclear deterrent. If Corbyn sees fit to go against the will of the party then why should anyone else be beholden to what the members vote for?

As Leader of the Party he can and could possibly lead the Party away from certain policies. That's another reason I support him. All I am saying is, once he puts forward his election Manifesto, then let people decide for themselves

As for the others, you want them to stay and fight from within. That's fair enough and I get that argument and can accept it. I am not looking from a tunnel vision. Some of Corbyn's policies I disagree with myself but for the most part I believe in him more than I do any other Politician

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ah, it's all the Media's Fault, reporting those pesky facts eh?

Those same facts that had the ''Remain Vote'' ahead in the polls at Brexit.

That had the Leave vote 2 points ahead with a week to go before the Scottish Devolution Vote.

Are you sure what they are spouting is FACT............................. They may be but they may on the other hand NOT BE

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Those same facts that had the ''Remain Vote'' ahead in the polls at Brexit.

That had the Leave vote 2 points ahead with a week to go before the Scottish Devolution Vote.

Are you sure what they are spouting is FACT............................. They may be but they may on the other hand NOT BE

Best believe what you are telling one another about JC than those LYING Media I reckon :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Best believe what you are telling one another about JC than those LYING Media I reckon :thumbsup:

Apologies to all reporters I forgot. Everything they print is 100% truthful.

Anyhow I am bored with the Corbyn thing for now. Off to read some football stuff. In politics no one can really ever win in a discussion

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
anyone thinking the CCTV is faked, you might want consider how likely the 11am to Newcastle would be full. just how many people you think want to be there or along the route in the early afternoon? having done the route as far as York at 9am wasnt any problem with empty table, colleges who do it regularly dont bother with reservations because they arent needed. coming the other way is a different matter.

surprised he's let himself get caught up in such a daft stunt. evidence the people around him are taking control.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
anyone thinking the CCTV is faked, you might want consider how likely the 11am to Newcastle would be full. just how many people you think want to be there or along the route in the early afternoon? having done the route as far as York at 9am wasnt any problem with empty table, colleges who do it regularly dont bother with reservations because they arent needed. coming the other way is a different matter.

surprised he's let himself get caught up in such a daft stunt. evidence the people around him are taking control.

I am actually getting the 1 O'clock train to Newcastle this Thursday to go up for the match at the weekend, so I should be able to gage first hand

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

I don't think anyone is suggesting it has been faked. Some of us are just astute enough to question the veracity of the images released. How many carriages were there to that train? You have seen images of two separate carriages and think this backs the train company's assertion that the train was not 'jam packed'. Why not release footage of all carriages? Perhaps they do not reflect so favourably on Virgin?

The truth (as given by Virgin East Coast themselves) is that the on board train staff upgraded people to first class to free up space for Jeremy and his colleagues to sit down. Why on earth would they have done that if there was ample space for walk up passengers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here