The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At least the Lib Dems are on the way back ... oh :facepalm:

Political parties committed to delivering and making a success of Brexit 53%

Political parties that want to thwart or circumvent the referendum result 40%

Your smugness is misplaced. Being "committed to delivering and making a success of Brexit" is not the same thing as "delivering and making a success of Brexit". Expect the LibDems to bounce back once this is proven.

Already the Prime Minister is in a spot of trouble for unilaterally deciding her Brexit cabinet isn't accountable to the people. I'm not surprised - it's going to be a total clusterfck.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Your smugness is misplaced. Being "committed to delivering and making a success of Brexit" is not the same thing as "delivering and making a success of Brexit". Expect the LibDems to bounce back once this is proven.

Already the Prime Minister is in a spot of trouble for unilaterally deciding her Brexit cabinet isn't accountable to the people. I'm not surprised - it's going to be a total clusterfck.

I would have thought the Lib Dems should have already been on the way back as Labour have been in open civil war for over a year. There is a huge political space for a moderate centre left party to exploit ... why do you think the LIb Dems are flatlining in the polls?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would have thought the Lib Dems should have already been on the way back as Labour have been in open civil war for over a year. There is a huge political space for a moderate centre left party to exploit ... why do you think the LIb Dems are flatlining in the polls?

Because the only people they were ever relevant to are the chattering classes, but this might well change if Brexit puts jobs on the line. This is compounded by having a very low profile leader that hardly anybody has even heard of.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Because the only people they were ever relevant to are the chattering classes, but this might well change if Brexit puts jobs on the line. This is compounded by having a very low profile leader that hardly anybody has even heard of.

Agreed. I'd love to see Clegg come back. It's not going to happen, at least not in the short term - the Lib Dems aren't Derby County - but I think he's someone that many can relate to. And, as I've said before, I think he did a decent job of a very difficult task when in coalition.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It looks like both Labour and the Lib Dems are relying on Brexit going tits up to get back in the game and will both be hoping the disgruntled head in their direction. Agree Fallon is a lightweight, non entity.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Coming THIRD in a TWO HORSE RACE is quite an achievement!

Cut_H5KWcAA7_HX.jpg:large

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A similar % as the number pro-May are in favour of bringing back the death penalty.

There were also a majority who thought leaving the EU was a good idea.

Doesn't make them right.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ipsos MORI/Evening Standard (Oct 14th-17th):

CON 47 (+7)
LAB 29 (-5)
LD 7 (+1)
UKIP 6 (-3)
GRN 4 (-1)
SNP 5 (+1)

"We're a party going places and doing well." ~ Corbyn

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I told you your smugness was misplaced:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37719170

You'll note the LibDems share of the vote rose from 7% to 30% in Cameron's seat at the expense of both the Tories and Labour. That is ASTONISHING.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not really. She's only been in 5 minutes. Right now, your party is in the shit or haven't you bothered to read last night's by election result?

Be interesting to see how Corbyn and his Militant (sorry, Momentum) supporters explain how Labour lost almost half their voters!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Be interesting to see how Corbyn and his Militant (sorry, Momentum) supporters explain how Labour lost almost half their voters!

Yes, because as Ernest clearly demonstrates, it is proof that Theresa May must go. :dunce:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You'll note the LibDems share of the vote rose from 7% to 30% in Cameron's seat at the expense of both the Tories and Labour. That is ASTONISHING.

Agreed it is an astonishing success. Some of it may be attributable to an anti Tory vote but we may also be seeing the beginnings of a new alignment based on Brexit. Labour may lose southern seats to
the Liberals and Northern seats to UKIP.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If Corbyn and May are still in power come the next election I'll be voting Lin Dem even if they put up the proverbial sheep in an orange rosette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

7-8k Liberal voters who abandoned the party in the last election returned, is that so astonishing? its a good result for them, and poor for Conservatives, very poor for Labour, though 20k fewer voters turned out so few meaningful conclusions can be made.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
7-8k Liberal voters who abandoned the party in the last election returned, is that so astonishing? its a good result for them, and poor for Conservatives, very poor for Labour, though 20k fewer voters turned out so few meaningful conclusions can be made.

The Lib Dems received 400 more votes in this by-election than they did in 2010, on a turn-out 20,000 down on 2010 (38,000 last night, 58,000 in 2010). By any measure, that is astonishing.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

A good result for the Lib Dems but you will note the big fall in turn out from the GE and we have been here before re 'shock' by elections when the Liberals/Lib Dems used to actually win them. You also know they are not particularly representative as a party cannot commit the huge resources and effort (which the Lib dems did) to all the constituencies. Opinion polls consistently suggest Lib Dem support is still in single figures (latest example post 2031) so best not prepare for government quite yet.

Smugtastic? :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A good result for the Lib Dems but you will note the big fall in turn out from the GE and we have been here before re 'shock' by elections when the Liberals/Lib Dems used to actually win them. You also know they are not particularly representative as a party cannot commit the huge resources and effort (which the Lib dems did) to all the constituencies. Opinion polls consistently suggest Lib Dem support is still in single figures (latest example post 2031) so best not prepare for government quite yet.

Smugtastic? :wink:

Didn't opinion polls also suggest the referendum wouldn't go the way of Brexit? And I really wouldn't rule out a Lib Dem power share quite yet either!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Didn't opinion polls also suggest the referendum wouldn't go the way of Brexit? And I really wouldn't rule out a Lib Dem power share quite yet either!

They did but they also suggested it would be close. A few % points out .. perhaps the Lib dems are really on 10%.

Keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here