Page 263 of 279 FirstFirst ... 163213253260261262263264265266273 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 2783

0 Not allowed!
    Tom Watson calls on Jeremy Corbyn to 'deal with' Momentum's union plot to 'destroy' the Labour Party

Labour has descended into civil war after its deputy leader called on Jeremy Corbyn to "deal with" supporters who are plotting to take control of the party by joining forces with his union backers....

Jon Lansman, the leader of the Momentum campaign group which backs Mr Corbyn, was secretly recorded revealing that it plans to officially link with the Unite union.

Tom Watson, Labourís deputy leader, told the BBC's Radio 4 Today programme this was now a "battle for the future existence" of the party.

He said: "[On the recording] Jon Lansman outlined a hard left plan to control the Labour party after Jeremyís departure. There was also a plan to organise, to take control of the Labour party.

"Indeed, he actually said the plan was more important than the election ....

"I regard this as a battle for the future existence of the Labour party. This is high stakes, and I hope my fellow members are going to understand that, and our leader. I hope [Corbyn] is going to deal with Jon Lansman."

"Iím afraid there are some people who do not have our electoral interests at their heart and thatís why Iím speaking out now.

"They organised for him, but I'm not sure if Jeremy knows there's a secret plan. I'll be raising it with him today. I'm going to talk to him about it, I don't know what he knows and doesn't know.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-plot-destroy/

Good grief lucky there isn't a need for a competent, focused official opposition at the moment ....
    'Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if weíve lost, and get on with making the best of it.'

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Budget chaos, BREXIT uncertainty, Scottish indyref2 crisis, social care challenges... all playing into Jezza's hands:

ICM/Guardian Westminster VI (17-19 Mar):

CON 45% (+1)
      LAB 26% (-2)
      UKIP 10% (-1)
      LD 9% (+1)
      GRN 4% (-1)
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      i cant take that poll seriously anymore: how can Conservatives really not have lost ground since the Budget?
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      i cant take that poll seriously anymore: how can Conservatives really not have lost ground since the Budget?
      Yeah... more Fake News from the right wing MSM.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      Budget chaos, BREXIT uncertainty, Scottish indyref2 crisis, social care challenges... all playing into Jezza's hands:

CON 45% (+1)
      LAB 26% (-2)
      UKIP 10% (-1)
      LD 9% (+1)
      GRN 4% (-1)
      The Momentum is with Labour in the polls.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

CON 45% (+1)
      LAB 26% (-2)
      UKIP 10% (-1)
      LD 9% (+1)
      GRN 4% (-1)
      Just the 19% behind then, I'm sure Enrest will be on here shortly explaining how Labour will SURGE past the Tories in the next few months...
      Fire the Nuclear Weapons! Bladders's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      People still take notice of polls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladders View Post
      People still take notice of polls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sensible advice indeed. They consistently underestimate Tory support. Best ignored.

0 Not allowed!
      So it appears that a meeting of the the PLP last night erupted it to "Brutal clashes" between MP's and Jeremy, with the few allies he has also being rounded in! Surely the Labour can unite and form some credible opposition to the administration or has it gone to far, has agent Corbyn succeeded his remit?
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Corbyn has to be the most incompetent leader in memory, just keeps fueling internal squabbles. i dont actually think he is leading anything, he's merely the figure head for McDonnell and the Momentum group, who are quite happy to fight over Labour rules instead of holding government to account.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.