Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There's not much to recommend Corbyn but, on this occasion, he's absolutely right to stick up for himself.

It is entirely sensible to condemn Zionism without being an anti Semite. Netanyahu has once again played the ""Jew hater" card to silence any and all condemnation of Israeli treatment of Palestinians.

Visiting the graves of Palestinian dead, killed by Israeli action, is not anti Semitic its anti murder.

This is the reason that Corbyn has tried to maintain the ability to criticise Israel ...and what has happened to him is exactly what happens to anyone who tries to ask awkward questions about the continuing illegal land grabs going on inside Palestine.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's not working, time for the next smear

[tweet]1029294901350023168[/tweet]

Lots of polls,none the same!

cor bin.png

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It's not working, time for the next smear

[tweet]1029294901350023168[/tweet]

If you took Corbyn out of the equation, Labour's lead would be enormous IMO. You've got a disjointed and clueless Tory government, who are presiding over and making a total mess of the most important negotiations our country will take part in for a generation. And yet, Labour only hold a 2 point lead. Given the state of play, they should be streets ahead.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Corbin is a disaster for labour rendering them totally unelectable. Which makes it even more peculiar that the Mail has embarked on a crusade to get the mild mannered tool dumped.

If I was Lord Rothermere (I like to think I'd kill myself but I'd be too selfish to do it) I'd be cheering him on from the sidelines.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
"I don't think I laid a wreath" says JC pictured holding a wreath....

I don't believe he's an anti Semite, and I do think the Palestinians have been treated appallingly, but for him to say this is all to do with bringing peace is frankly BS

For peace, you have to speak and engage with both sides - how often has he engaged with the Israelis? I guess he has history though, as with only ever talking to the republican side in the troubles.

Ironic don’t you think that the man who wants to promote dialogue was an advocate of banning Trump visiting these shores, probably because he’s happy getting in to “dialogue “ with people that agree with him!!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Most people who say "Corbyn is unelectable" were never going to vote Labour anyway.

That’s a bold statement. I voted labour for my entire adult life until “momentum” came along. I don’t like Corbyn and McDonnell. Never did never will. It’s possible to be left leaning without being a total knobber.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If you took Corbyn out of the equation, Labour's lead would be enormous IMO. You've got a disjointed and clueless Tory government, who are presiding over and making a total mess of the most important negotiations our country will take part in for a generation. And yet, Labour only hold a 2 point lead. Given the state of play, they should be streets ahead.

Exactly this.

Labour should be 20 points clear in the polls, not 2.

Feeble Government, pathetic opposition.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Netanhayu totally owned by Corbyn with his tweet last night. It’s obvious this is all about getting rid of him but why ? I thought everyone says he is useless ???

Generally speaking I am no fan of modern Israel as seems only to emulate its historic foe of old in its political dogma. But Netanhayu actually is a player on the world stage, Corbyn struggles to make a meaningful impression in England!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
In fact I’ve thought about my friends circle which has a fair few Labour voters in it. I can only think of 1 out of 12 who supports Corbyn. I think he’s driven out a lot of labours middle ground support and replaced it with a bunch of reactionaries.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
That’s a bold statement. I voted labour for my entire adult life until “momentum” came along. I don’t like Corbyn and McDonnell. Never did never will. It’s possible to be left leaning without being a total knobber.

You're one person.

You being unable to vote for Corbyn does not equal "Corbyn is unelectable" unless your vote counts for about 4 million vote over 350 constituencies.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
There's not much to recommend Corbyn but, on this occasion, he's absolutely right to stick up for himself.

It is entirely sensible to condemn Zionism without being an anti Semite. Netanyahu has once again played the ""Jew hater" card to silence any and all condemnation of Israeli treatment of Palestinians.

Visiting the graves of Palestinian dead, killed by Israeli action, is not anti Semitic its anti murder.

This is the reason that Corbyn has tried to maintain the ability to criticise Israel ...and what has happened to him is exactly what happens to anyone who tries to ask awkward questions about the continuing illegal land grabs going on inside Palestine.

They weren't Palestinian dead. Weren't they the people responsible for the Black September 1972 Munich attack or have I missed something. Palestinians yeah, but killers of 11 innocent athletes nonetheless.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
They weren't Palestinian dead. Weren't they the people responsible for the Black September 1972 Munich attack or have I missed something. Palestinians yeah, but killers of 11 innocent athletes nonetheless.

Fair enough. I didn’t realise. I 100% retract my comment. I didn’t know enough about the story.
He should be totally ashamed of himself if he was honouring those murderers.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

Why do you think this?

Leave Remain was virtually 50:50.

If a remainer became Labour leader, they'd lose a lot of votes from leavers.

I think Labour would get a small poll boost from Lammy, Starmer or Ummuna being leader. But nothing that could be described as "enormous"

And Corbyn is a far better campaigner than anyone else Labour have to offer, so any boost would be short term and unlikely to lead to a better result than Corbyn could deliver in a GE.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
You're one person.

You being unable to vote for Corbyn does not equal "Corbyn is unelectable" unless your vote counts for about 4 million vote over 350 constituencies.

I’m one person but I don’t think I’m alone. I’ve said that I have quite a few labour voters in my social group and all but one won’t vote for Corbyn.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Why do you think this?

Leave Remain was virtually 50:50.

If a remainer became Labour leader, they'd lose a lot of votes from leavers.

I think Labour would get a small poll boost from Lammy, Starmer or Ummuna being leader. But nothing that could be described as "enormous"

And Corbyn is a far better campaigner than anyone else Labour have to offer, so any boost would be short term and unlikely to lead to a better result than Corbyn could deliver in a GE.

In my view, Corbyn's personality and background has alienated a pretty big number of centre ground voters, who Labour should be hoovering up in the current climate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here