Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What a load of clueless crap. You have no idea whether France will have the same vote any more than you know that we'll negotiate trade deals everyone is happy with, so cut the bullshit.

You are just willing this to fail which says everything about you. The peoples will was to vote out so we have to make the best of it. It will be better than you think. I think most of the Bull shit came from the remain team by the way

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Another one instantly labelling 17.5M people as racists. You can vote out without being racist

No. I branded some of those involved in guiding the leave campaign as racist among other things. Sadly a very few people hear their words and interpret them as extremes and allow it to influence their behaviour. A very few. Not all. One person took it to the extreme of murder. That is no reflection on anyone but him but I would hope that those who stirred up hatred as a means to an end will reflect that when we speak we can't take the words back nor can we know how they might be interpreted. I think the leaders of both sides should be ashamed of their intemperate behaviour but it was Leave, and Farage in particular, who deliberately sought to play the race card

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Emotive words. The EU will not try to 'suppress' us any more than we will try to suppress the USA when we start talking to them. They will negotiate hard, as will we. That's life.

So we might just be ok? with effort...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A huge if, but if the EU offered us a deal, more or less everything we could want, restriction if immigration,100% rock solid veto on more or less everything, would the government snatch their hands off, or would it go to another referendum? I don't think it will happen, but I would be interested in the outcome

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No. I branded some of those involved in guiding the leave campaign as racist among other things. Sadly a very few people hear their words and interpret them as extremes and allow it to influence their behaviour. A very few. Not all. One person took it to the extreme of murder. That is no reflection on anyone but him but I would hope that those who stirred up hatred as a means to an end will reflect that when we speak we can't take the words back nor can we know how they might be interpreted. I think the leaders of both sides should be ashamed of their intemperate behaviour but it was Leave, and Farage in particular, who deliberately sought to play the race card

Agree Farage should now be pushed back into the shadows away from it all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Boris and Gove will negotiate access to the free market in return for freedom of movement.

They don't care about immigration, it was all about sovereignty and supremacy of British law for them.

Farage and his immigration issues will be totally sidelined, but he'll have his UK Independence so will have to keep banging his anti-immigration drum under a different banner.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They tried to call our bluff and failed spectacularly....You can bet your right bollock they're really gutted inside and they will swallow their pride!!
In time we will be in demand from all over the world and we will boom boom boom:clap2:

Give it a week or two and you will see a different EU towards us as they need us more than we need them and more importantly they will be seriously worried about a chain reaction,so will be having many emergency meetings shortly.

You are deluded sir!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I take your point. But I am 44 and I've never been asked to vote on our head of state. We also have an un-elected upper chamber, and that includes hereditary peers, and we also have a election system that only seems to benefit 2 political parties (however incompetent) and where personally my vote has rarely counted for anything.

Now all of a sudden, the electorate is asked to make a life-changing irreversible decision despite being insufficiently informed of the facts. It's democratic for sure, I just don't think it's right.

Did you abstain then, or was you a hypocrite and voted?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are just willing this to fail which says everything about you. The peoples will was to vote out so we have to make the best of it. It will be better than you think. I think most of the Bull shit came from the remain team by the way

As I say, clueless. "willling this to fail"? What are you talking about? I'm saying it how I see it. It is a disaster.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did you abstain then, or was you a hypocrite and voted?

A vote was called so I voted. What am I supposed to do - just ignore it because I object to it being called? What good would that do?

Had I not voted and complained about the result, what would you have accused me of then?

Do you know what a hypocrite is?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I take it you have a cushy job and didn't read what I said

I read it and respect it although it bears no relation to people being abused because of where they come from.
And as it happens and for all it's totally irrelevant I no longer work as I am a full time carer for my wife who has advanced dementia. Before that I worked with young adults with emotional and behavioural difficulties and before that I was a teacher, Cushy? Probably, I'd have made a ****ing useless roofer! :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In demand for what though?

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Pre EU we won world cups (well one) and had a Empire (shrinking I admit) and well we made things.......talk about remainers being lazy......it's time to work again....open the coal mines and let's get started..:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pre EU we won world cups (well one) and had a Empire (shrinking I admit) and well we made things.......talk about remainers being lazy......it's time to work again....open the coal mines and let's get started..:lolol:

Wise words.

It's time to make the Austin Allegro and Morris Ital again.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As I say, clueless. "willling this to fail"? What are you talking about? I'm saying it how I see it. It is a disaster.

A disaster for you maybe but given hope to millions of others. Insulting people by the way doesn't win arguments just makes you look a tad sad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here