Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest rate rise ? How much ? When?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Housebuilders immediately lost 22% of share price today.
Slightly hysterical. FTSE as a whole took a big dive on the result but is already recovering.

Some moderation to the lunatic rate of house price growth might be one of the few good things to come out of this.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Bit tricky if they don't have a job.

Assume you`re thinking of our poor MEP`s who`ll be redundant however think you`ll find most have allready got large houses.

I`m thinking of hardworking people/couples whose ability to buy will be helped.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
This is a bit different - we won't actually be in the EU, potentially outside the EU free-trading area. Surely this news is not a surprise though?

People want to do business in London , it's also where the skill sets are , people don't want to live or do business in Frankfurt.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
People want to do business in London , it's also where the skill sets are , people don't want to live or do business in Frankfurt.

I agree that we have the skill sets here in London, but there are many non-UK EU nationals working in financial services here and, unlike the likes of me who will stay in London without question, they may consider a move. I certainly think we will have more competition than before for the "financial centre of Europe" title...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here