Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How's it going out there? I've just been looking at the entry requirements .

It's pretty good. Canada has had their own economic problems but there seems to be a decent government. People just seem to be a lot happier here, I don't hear as much discontent about things. I'm on a student permit so I need to get PR sorted when I finish my master's, the sooner the better if everyone else starts coming here!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
All those that wanted to remain are really nice people.

Like it or not, those that voted leave voted with the racists. It is basic common sense. Unless there was some work creation scheme where racists voted in so they had foreigners left to abuse, they all voted leave. Nick Griffin was leave. White Van man with his pitbull mouthing off about ******* P**is voted leave. Obviously not everyone who voted leave is racist but they are on the side of those who are.

Jan 30, 2008
Hopefully some will. The things are getting better at home, and I always hoped that at least some of my compatriots will one day come back to Good Old Polska. We need them.
They came in the good times took what they could ,some stayed and made a go of it ,be interesting how many decide to go back before things change
regards
DR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The lack of political engagement is due in part to the poor representation by politicians. We have just had a referendum where 72% of the electorate have voted, which is much more than any general election. This referendum is the closest thing to democracy I have ever seen in this country, a binary choice and a definitive result. Just because you feel people are ill informed shouldn't taint your opinion on what is democratic or is not.

I take your point. But I am 44 and I've never been asked to vote on our head of state. We also have an un-elected upper chamber, and that includes hereditary peers, and we also have a election system that only seems to benefit 2 political parties (however incompetent) and where personally my vote has rarely counted for anything.

Now all of a sudden, the electorate is asked to make a life-changing irreversible decision despite being insufficiently informed of the facts. It's democratic for sure, I just don't think it's right.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
How's it going out there? I've just been looking at the entry requirements .

NSC has been making me laugh today, not aimed directly at you Notters but noticing how many people have ZERO faith in Britain what so ever, its as if we're some piece of shit crap hole that was only barely surviving thanks to the EU.

We are still in the EU today, you still can all move to the continent today if you want. Or do you think some Gestapo types will be knocking on your doors in 2 years dragging you to the nearest port for deportation? :facepalm:

Some of you need to dunk your head in an ice bucket and come back to the real world.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Future Generations Screwed?

Jan 30, 2008
Like it or not, those that voted leave voted with the racists. It is basic common sense. Unless there was some work creation scheme where racists voted in so they had foreigners left to abuse, they all voted leave. Nick Griffin was leave. White Van man with his pitbull mouthing off about ******* P**is voted leave. Obviously not everyone who voted leave is racist but they are on the side of those who are.
What a racist comment ???
regards
DR

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It shouldn't surprise you. Just a few quotes from Brexiters in discussions I've had over the last week:

"I'm voting out because I don't want my grandchildren marrying those disgusting Muslims"
"The Poles can **** off"
"They come over here taking our jobs, our GP appointments, our housing, they can **** off back to their own country"
"You can call me a racist if you want, but I want those ***** to stop taking my jobs".

And that's without even beginning to discuss some of the shit that has come out of Farage's mouth.

Honestly, it is a very sad day to be British.

Ciaran Jenkins ‏@C4Ciaran 6h6 hours ago
Retired builder in Barnsley says he voted to "send them foreigners home." Tough time to be a migrant.

Ciaran Jenkins ‏@C4Ciaran 7h7 hours ago Barnsley, England
Barnsley man clutching The Sun tells me he voted leave to stop Muslims coming to the UK from Iraq & Syria.

Ciaran Jenkins ‏@C4Ciaran 3h3 hours ago Barnsley, England
Been standing here five minutes. Three different people have shouted "send them home".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hallelujah! Independence Day!

(And please note, I'd used the phrase 'Independence Day' here on NSC before Farage said it this morning!)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You're embarrassing yourself. Because nothing screams pro-Europe more than becoming the first country to vote OUT of the European trading bloc. :rolleyes:

And when the Scots vote to separate from England, that'll DEFINITELY show the world how much they stand side by side with us.

You're embarrassing yourself. I believe in Europe, I even believe in a Union, I just don't believe in this one, one that we will hopefully now extricate ourselves from and I doubt we will be the only ones going forward.

If you think our trade is going to suffer in the mid to long term then I would suggest you are either ignorant or doomsaying.

And Scotland leaving? Hah! That would be the political equivalent of seppuku.

I can easily counter your 'leave divs' with the short-sighted status quo voters I seem to run into daily. 'I'm undecided so i'm going to just vote remain'.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CatPhillips/status/745698328747315208
these types

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here