Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Wish she'd shut her mouth for ten seconds.

Like I said before, she has no power to do anything, isn't even an MP, to maintain the illusion she must never stop talking. She is a human hot air balloon.

She is a very impressive politician. She will fulfill her parties long standing ambition now and take scotland out of the uk now. She must be pissing herself looking at the shower that we have down here

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The government have virtually resigned; the Labour Party are imploding.

What a stupid time for both main parties to absent themselves from contributing. Labour could have easily seized the moment here and shown leadership - but seem incapable. The Prime Minister has abdicated from his responsibilities. I'm not impressed with either of them. It's not helping the febrile atmosphere as the Remain campaigners work through the stages of grief.

Indeed. The most impressive politician is Sturgeon and its so sad, she will split up the uk thanks to brexit

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
She is a very impressive politician. She will fulfill her parties long standing ambition now and take scotland out of the uk now. She must be pissing herself looking at the shower that we have down here

Really.....then she does so without a currency..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The government have virtually resigned; the Labour Party are imploding.

What a stupid time for both main parties to absent themselves from contributing. Labour could have easily seized the moment here and shown leadership - but seem incapable. The Prime Minister has abdicated from his responsibilities. I'm not impressed with either of them. It's not helping the febrile atmosphere as the Remain campaigners work through the stages of grief.

They are all going to have to be careful, we, as a people may find we can do without politicians, considering they have all disappeared and left us to it for the last few days

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wish she'd shut her mouth for ten seconds.

Like I said before, she has no power to do anything, isn't even an MP, to maintain the illusion she must never stop talking. She is a human hot air balloon.

Eh ?

She is indeed a windbag, but what is she doing ? She is talking to the Scottish Parliament and people - which is her role - they don't have to show it on the tv down here.

Salmond is the one who speaks down here, as an MP.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just came across this priceless comment from a reader of ft.com:

The young, the bright, the educated, the energetic and the ambitious have been stymied by the old, the bigoted, the stupid and the illiterate, driven on by racist propaganda and outright lies. Just as any applicant for UK citizenship has to face an exam on British history etc., perhaps anybody voting in a UK referendum should be required to pass a similar intelligence/current affairs test. I feel very aggrieved that my "remain" vote, based on a tertiary education, many weeks of close study, analysis of newspaper articles etc., should be nullified by some buffoon of a Sun reader who can barely read or write.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Most, if not all, on the official leave campaign are MP's are they not? They should've at least had something prepared to present to Parliament when it resumes.

Would it not have been down to something like the civil servants to draw up contingency plans for both outcomes?

This seems a bit like a major newspaper only preparing articles and headlines for a Remain victory and having nothing prepared to print when Leave won (In reality, they would have planned for both possible outcomes)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
They are all going to have to be careful, we, as a people may find we can do without politicians, considering they have all disappeared and left us to it for the last few days

For all our sakes the cream of all the parties will have to rise to the top....work together and start to deliver on the promise they gave us

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

The young, the bright, the educated, the energetic and the ambitious have been stymied by the old, the bigoted, the stupid and the illiterate, driven on by racist propaganda and outright lies. Just as any applicant for UK citizenship has to face an exam on British history etc., perhaps anybody voting in a UK referendum should be required to pass a similar intelligence/current affairs test. I feel very aggrieved that my "remain" vote, based on a tertiary education, many weeks of close study, analysis of newspaper articles etc., should be nullified by some buffoon of a Sun reader who can barely read or write.

Hatred propganda

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
PM and chancellor 'in hiding', leavers 'have no plan', Labour 'imploding' - Sturgeon
Nicola Sturgeon tweets..

Oh just shut the fuk up for 5 minutes you Anglophobic unelected hag. Scotland really isnt as important as you think, you lost your independence vote just get over it. If she really thinks Scotland can survive economically on its own without any central funding from the rest of the UK whilst continuing to spunk money into the EU then good luck, hurry up and leave.

Her 'cake and eat it' politics are getting very tiresome now. Andrew Marr was pushing her on the subject this morning and whilst she was saying she would fight for Scotland's continued membership of the EU and another referendum on Scottish independence she dodged questions about how she actually hoped to achieve that whilst still part of the UK

With Scottish oil prices at rock bottom it is ridiculous watching her trot out a credible position that an independent Scotland could even stand on its own two feet let alone pay for individual EU membership

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Here I fundamentally disagree with the poster though.

If you have had a decent education then your rewards tend to come in the form of culture, wealth, job security and life expectancy over those who have not had such an investment in your future.

It doesn't give you the right to more of a vote than anyone else, regardless of their background.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One thing does puzzle me, if, as most think there will be a general elections, it will be a one subject campaign, because of the events of the last few days.
Which party is going to be the leaver, and which will be the remainer?
If Corbyn is still in charge, I can see Labour being so split it won't matter, and if Boris doesn't become Tory leader, which way will they jump.
Im not convinced that the Tories will campaign for a complete break even if Boris is in charge

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Delightful, it's a shame so many of the young, the bright, the educated, the energetic and the ambitious aren't more gracious in defeat and feel the need to stigmatise and sneer at those less fortunate than themselves.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm 17, and fear for my future. I've being ****ed over by are large number of careless older people who will not be around to see the consequences of what they have done.
Sums it up...respect your elders.

I would say that old people have every sodding right to a vote, to be allowed a say.
These 'old people' many of you speak of, fought for our country. For our freedom. For our right to have a voice. You all used that right they fought so hard for on Thursday and you should be ashamed of yourself if you've even used that as an ammunition point.

I understand many of these veterans I speak of are now no longer with us, but their children are. And their grandchildren. And I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten what these 'old' people did for us. They fought for peace and unity in the world, but they also fought for our country. How could a group of people be anymore torn with which way to vote than these? They may be 'old', but I sure as hell don't believe that the Grandparents of today would want to jeopardize the world of tomorrow.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
they can keep using sterling, we cant stop them, that was clear in 2014. They close control over monetary policy but as many brexiters said economists are liars and imbeciles so that wont matter too much.

It would be costly but we can stop them using the pound...it will be very costly if they keep the pound too..indeed they appear so http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29133217

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Is this true, or a spoof? (from a website called Geopolitical Futures) [personally I'm sceptical]

Today, foreign ministers from the European Union’s six founding member states issued an extraordinary statement, declaring that they will “recognize different levels of ambition amongst Member States when it comes to the project of European integration.” This was a landmark capitulation by the major European powers, accepting the idea that uniformity across the bloc is impossible and nations can choose the terms of membership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here