Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Of course Bexit means companies will run away from British shores according to the Remain side ..... except today GlaxoSmithKline ( one of the worlds biggest drugs companies ) are to invest an extra £275m say "Britain is an attractive place to invest despite Brexit".

The predicted doom has still yet to happen .....

You'll notice we haven't left the EU yet.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The more news that comes out with daily terror attacks across Europe makes me realise the brexit vote was right. Even if it does little directly to improve the safety of our country, if it makes the jokers of merkel & hollande realise they have a serious problem & open borders is a disastrous policy, then it is a job well done & we have done them a favor - sod the economics

So you are happy that terror attacks are occurring in Belgium, France and Germany because it justifies how you voted.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Of course Bexit means companies will run away from British shores according to the Remain side ..... except today GlaxoSmithKline ( one of the worlds biggest drugs companies ) are to invest an extra £275m say "Britain is an attractive place to invest despite Brexit".

The predicted doom has still yet to happen ......

The button has yet to be pressed.......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So you are happy that terror attacks are occurring in Belgium, France and Germany because it justifies how you voted.

I think one would have to be relieved that significant attacks are not (yet) happening in the UK as much as those countries..

It makes me thankful we have the English channel as a buffer to be absolutely honest..

The English channel also reminds me we are, have and always will be an island nation,separate from Europe until the next ice age comes along.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

You should have gone to Specsavers!Where does it say anywhere in his post that he is happy about it.Try reading a post before criticising it and get on with your homework-holidays don't last forever.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You should have gone to Specsavers!Where does it say anywhere in his post that he is happy about it.Try reading a post before criticising it and get on with your homework-holidays don't last forever.

So what is the logical conclusion to draw from:

The more news that comes out with daily terror attacks across Europe makes me realise the brexit vote was right.

He must have been pleased that his vote brought about the Brexit decision, therefore his pleasure will be increased by the terror attacks as he has stated that these attacks reinforce his decision.

Still you can always get your free bus pass out and have a free bus rude this afternoon, but remember to take a blanket and flask with with.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Despite Brexit, not because of Brexit. We would have been much better off with the status quo, but have to make do with our new handicap as is.

Yep, with a credit downgrade all that new debt is gonna cost more. But don't worry we have all the savings from leaving the EU to pay for it

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So what is the logical conclusion to draw from:

The more news that comes out with daily terror attacks across Europe makes me realise the brexit vote was right.

He must have been pleased that his vote brought about the Brexit decision, therefore his pleasure will be increased by the terror attacks as he has stated that these attacks reinforce his decision.

Still you can always get your free bus pass out and have a free bus rude this afternoon, but remember to take a blanket and flask with with.

Is english your native language?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
‘Europe’s nations should be guided towards the super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.’ – Jean Monnet, the ‘Father of Europe’ April 30th 1952.

Nuff said. :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
‘Europe’s nations should be guided towards the super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.’ – Jean Monnet, the ‘Father of Europe’ April 30th 1952.

Nuff said. :thumbsup:

Except that he never said or stated that. Ever. It was a misqoute from Winston Churchill's comments about a proposed United States of Europe and is wildly inaccurate. It is a fabrication spouted and trotted out on hundreds of anti EU and conspiracy websites. It is a made up quote. Which really emphasises the importance of doing one's own research before voting on something a world changing as Brexit, non?

Must try harder.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Except that he never said or stated that. Ever. It was a misqoute from Winston Churchill's comments about a proposed United States of Europe and is wildly inaccurate. It is a fabrication spouted and trotted out on hundreds of anti EU and conspiracy websites. It is a made up quote. Which really emphasises the importance of doing one's own research before voting on something a world changing as Brexit, non?

Must try harder.

And that is exactly the same way every 'remainer' responds to this. Perhaps you should do some research yourself :thumbsup:

C-

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And that is exactly the same way every 'remainer' responds to this. Perhaps you should do some research yourself :thumbsup:

C-

No offence but you're babbling now. Monnet simply did not say this. It's been discredited by far better men than me. The only place you are likely to come across this quote attributed to Monnet is on far right , conspiracy and anti EU sites.

It may be what every remainer responds with. It's also what anyone who knows what they are talking about responds with because, I assure you, Monnet never said this. It really is common knowledge.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No offence but you're babbling now. Monnet simply did not say this. It's been discredited by far better men than me. The only place you are likely to come across this quote attributed to Monnet is on far right sights, conspiracy sites and anto EU sites.

It may be what every remainer responds with. It's also what anyone who knows what they are talking about responds with because, I assure you, Monnet never said this. It really is common knowledge.

Whatever you say. We'll have to agree to disagree. At the end of the day, you lost and you have to deal with the decision your fellow countrymen came too, after all that's what democracy is all about, non?

Anyway, have a nice day :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whatever you say. We'll have to agree to disagree. At the end of the day, you lost and you have to deal with the decision your fellow countrymen came too, after all that's what democracy is all about, non?

Anyway, have a nice day :thumbsup:

You're very wrong. And you wonder why Brexiters are seen as thick.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You're very wrong. And you wonder why Brexiters are seen as thick.

Oh dear, the usual response from someone with no argument - Try and insult someone's intelligence, nice one :thumbsup:

Like I said, have a wonderful day sir.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh dear, the usual response from someone with no argument - Try and insult someone's intelligence, nice one :thumbsup:

Like I said, have a wonderful day sir.

You clearly either visit conspiracy sites or far right sites. I don't call that intelligence. Have a nice day yourself.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You clearly either visit conspiracy sites or far right sites. I don't call that intelligence. Have a nice day yourself.

Neither. And if you ever took the time to read my signature you'd see that comparing me to a fascist is highly offensive. I'd be very careful of insinuating such things on line in the future if I were you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Neither. And if you ever took the time to read my signature you'd see that comparing me to a fascist is highly offensive. I'd be very careful of insinuating such things on line in the future if I were you.

Calm down poppet, I haven't compared you to a fascist so there's no need for your pseudo legal threats, but if you're not willing to at least do some research on that quote or accept any critisism of it but you are prepared to post it, then yes I think you are a bit bloody minded. Theres no discussion to be had with folks who believe quotes like that. Have a nice afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here