Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teachers Strike July 5

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It's safe to say I worked a fair days work today. Even if a good portion of it involved me not leaving my home office and I never threatened to strike once.
Good answer - if totally meaningless to the central discussion of you not knowing what work teachers do.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Answered by whom. Certainly not yourself after I had asked you. I will leave you and the other one to get on with the mutual back-slapping though. Just read the thread though, I'm not the only one who feels this way.
No-one cares how you feel, especially when, as has been shown over and over again, you don't know what you're on about.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Answered by whom. Certainly not yourself after I had asked you. I will leave you and the other one to get on with the mutual back-slapping though. Just read the thread though, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Just because you 'feel' that way it doesn't mean you are correct though.

My wife was a teacher, she progressed to being a primary head in a 'tough' area. She could have taken a job in a nice middle class area, but being dedicated to her profession, wanted to make a difference and give some kids who have a lot going against them, a slightly better chance.

She knew every kid by name, she knew the ones who would turn up without being fed breakfast by their feckless parents, and she would bring in cereal, sandwiches and cakes for them she knew the ones who stank of BO because their parents couldn't be arsed to shower them or wash their clothes, and she would clean them.

She was in work at 7:30 every morning, and I rarely saw her before 9pm at night, due to meetings with PTA, or governors, or social workers, or police.

When the register was taken, she would check for those kids who were not there, where she knew their parents were too lazy, too drunk, too high or simply too ignorant to bring their kids to school, and she would drive round to their house and collect them herself.

For school trips away, when some kids, whose parents always had the money for bling, fags and Sky, were not able to attend because their parents claimed false poverty, we would pay for them to go away ourselves, as the alternative, of being the ones left when all your friends were going away, could be crushing for these poor sods whose one crime was to be born to wankers.

If that's the way you think of her and the many thousands like her, I can only see you as being spectacularly prejudiced and ignorant.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
If that's the way you think of her and the many thousands like her, I can only see you as being spectacularly prejudiced and ignorant.

You think there are thousands of teachers like that? Do you really think I'm the only parent who feels this way, most of the ones I talk to work. I don't know many people who only work their contracted hours. Anyway as I said I will leave you all to have a one sided thread as that is obviously what you all want. I'm off to sleep now as I am up at five to be in Kent by seven, or I may just strike.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Once again, I'm not the only one. I'm not so sure about roar, bore would be more apt.
No-one cares if you're not the only one. Whoever feels the same as you would be wrong too.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Are you stupid? It was answered already and I told you that twice. Get off your lazy arse and do some work, self employed layabout waste of space.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You think there are thousands of teachers like that? Do you really think I'm the only parent who feels this way, most of the ones I talk to work. I don't know many people who only work their contracted hours. Anyway as I said I will leave you all to have a one sided thread as that is obviously what you all want. I'm off to sleep now as I am up at five to be in Kent by seven, or I may just strike.

Oh, you have also made the assumption that ALL teachers strike. I do not for example. Idiot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here