Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portugal v Austria

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
How can Austrian fans be so delighted with that result???
They qualified in style and yet have been really poor at this tournament. Portugal aren't all that. Austria should have been looking to win this game, not just get a point out of it.

I thought the last 20 mins they were as good as portugal. Perhaps hoping they can do it for 90? They need something upfront though

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They play Iceland next. . . . . .:lolol:

And at this rate will be lucky to get anything out of that game as well. Dodgy keeper aside, Iceland are well capable of getting a result in that game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And at this rate will be lucky to get anything out of that game as well. Dodgy keeper aside, Iceland are well capable of getting a result in that game.

You may be right. But I was just explaining why their lot were having it large :bigwave:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How can Austrian fans be so delighted with that result???
They qualified in style and yet have been really poor at this tournament. Portugal aren't all that. Austria should have been looking to win this game, not just get a point out of it.

Exactly, what was the point of that from an Austria perspective? Congratulations you've just secured bottom of your group with that utterly negative performance.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great slow mo shot of Ronaldo's boat race when he leapt for that second half chance, his features morphing into something quite Frankensteinesque before he returned to Earth and plastic tanned parity was restored.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Had a good laugh at Ronald earlier

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Iceland will beat Austria and Hungary are capable of taking a point off of Portugal ,the ladyboy will shed some tears before the Week is out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Iceland will beat Austria and Hungary are capable of taking a point off of Portugal ,the ladyboy will shed some tears before the Week is out.

Now we could up playing the buggers. I'd rather avoid Portugal.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Now we could up playing the buggers. I'd rather avoid Portugal.

i dont understand this viewpoint. we manage to screw up against he most pedestrian of teams anyway. besides, if we do avoid them, we'll only have to play the team that beat them eventually anyway. Whats the point in progressing against weak teams if you're only going to get whalloped by the first half decent team you play.Not picking on you specifically, but i have heard this a lot in recent years and i've never understood it.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
What Austria really needed was an injection of pace. There were gaps when the game opened up in the 2nd half last night, but Austria didn't really have anyone to exploit them with blistering counter attacks.

Still think Portugal will make it through. If they beat Hungary in their last match, 5 points will more than likely be enough to top the group. I don't see Pyjamaman having quite such an inspired evening in goal as Austria's keeper did last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here