Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playing 3rd from group AC or D if we top the group

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The first decent team we play will beat us. Our defence, Cahill and Hart in particular look like rabbits caught in the headlights every time the game moves in their direction. We play some decent stuff going forward at times but our defence seems to revert to conference standard in these big competitions. Hart must be the worst regular goalkeeper England have ever had.
Goalkeeper and center backs was always our strong suit, but not any more. Apart from that eveything is rosy.

Whilst I do agree in part with a lot of what you say (the defence is the major worry!) (don't agree with Hart thing - 1 mistake he's made - he's a good keeper), I will point out that Russia created between 0-2 GOOD chances against our defence depending on your opinion. Wales created 0 (ZERO) clear goalscoring opportunities against us. That's pretty much fact rather than opinion I'd say. Point is, they've done well. Yes, they will probably struggle against a better team, but credit where it's due, we've looked SO SOLID CREW in the first 2 games... Tonight, I fear, will be different as Slovakia are better than Wales & Russia going forward. COME ON ENGLAND :clap2:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The first decent team we play will beat us. Our defence, Cahill and Hart in particular look like rabbits caught in the headlights every time the game moves in their direction. We play some decent stuff going forward at times but our defence seems to revert to conference standard in these big competitions. Hart must be the worst regular goalkeeper England have ever had.
Goalkeeper and center backs was always our strong suit, but not any more. Apart from that eveything is rosy.

Wow i read some over the top rubbish on here at times. Hart made a bad mistake against Wales but hes a very good keeper."worst regular keeper England have ever had"? What a load of balls.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Wow i read some over the top rubbish on here at times. Hart made a bad mistake against Wales but hes a very good keeper."worst regular keeper England have ever had"? What a load of balls.

Chris Woods, David James, Paul Robinson - to name but 3. Hart's better than them by a distance.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Albania are asking UEFA to pay their hotel costs while they wait to see if they get through. Fair enough. Four nights unnecessarily would cost them a few thousand pounds. Money that Albanian football just does not have. The whole system in this tournament is a joke. I don't think they'll get through with just three points and a goal difference of -2.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Albania are asking UEFA to pay their hotel costs while they wait to see if they get through. Fair enough. Four nights unnecessarily would cost them a few thousand pounds. Money that Albanian football just does not have. The whole system in this tournament is a joke. I don't think they'll get through with just three points and a goal difference of -2.

Italy beating Rep of Ireland, and Belgium beating Sweden, PLUS Hungary beating Portugal, and Austria failing to win against Iceland.

These two scenarios would see Albania through.

Germany giving Northern Ireland and a good hiding and/or England walloping Slovakia would help Albania too.

Far from a done deal.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Probably come 3rd now tonight with that line up
#ENG* teamto play #SVK*: Hart, Cahill, Smalling, Bertrand, Clyne, Dier, Henderson, Wilshere, Lallana, Vardy, Sturridge #EURO2016* #SSNHQ
End up playing some like France
Shame footballers not able to play 3 games in 10 days, bless em and too pampered

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here