Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedom for Tooting

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why are you bothering. You are talking to people who think that a few poncey wine bars and restaurants is the sign of a good area. High house prices do not equate to an overall high standard of living. Most of the people accusing you of being a racist I would wager think themselves as trendy and multicultural etc. All the time ignoring the effect of uncontrolled immigration. It's a pointless argument you are trying to have, as they will just throw the racist card at you.
To sum up, Tooting is a shithole!

People have lauded Tooting because of its restaurants and an eclectic range of foods, vibrant multicultural atmosphere, a beautiful cinema, Aemon Targarean kicking about, house prices, Screwfix etc.

Alfred avoided the question I asked a few posts ago about what was good about Tooting in the good old days (to be expected, he does that). So I am wondering what are the things that you consider important in a decent area to live? Apart from mono culturalism and getting your head kicked in down the pub which you and Alfred have already stated.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do my bit.

I moved here from Warrington and my neighbour is from Surrey.:clap:

Old woman over the road has been here since the 50s.

The odd thing about this thread is I don't live in Tooting....

I don't blame you, you've ruined it.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
People have lauded Tooting because of its restaurants and an eclectic range of foods, vibrant multicultural atmosphere, a beautiful cinema, Aemon Targarean kicking about, house prices, Screwfix etc.

Alfred avoided the question I asked a few posts ago about what was good about Tooting in the good old days (to be expected, he does that). So I am wondering what are the things that you consider important in a decent area to live? Apart from mono culturalism and getting your head kicked in down the pub which you and Alfred have already stated.

Not in any particular order but-
Affordable decent property, the affordable bit is probably never going to happen but it is being kept artificially high at the moment due to the large influx of people that has happened.
Good schools that are not overcrowded. My personal belief is that having schools where a high percentage of children do not have English as their first language is impacting on the education of others.
GP surgeries where you have access to appointments when needed, a lot of surgeries are bursting at the seams.
Hospitals that are not overstretched. My local hospitals are Lewisham and king's college, any time I have been there the waiting rooms are full of mainly foreigners. You may find that racist or a generalisation, when I'm just stating the truth. I'm sure there are people on here who have attended these hospitals a few times, I'm happy to be called a liar.
Proper Jobs. By that I don't mean zero hour contracts as they are simply not feasible for people with families whom need to have a certain amount of income per week, that's where they may as well be on benefits. Especially considering the rents in London. Also hourly rates that have not been brought down by a large influx of cheap labour.
Nice people, speaks for itself really.

There are quite a few other things but those are the main one's. As for the monoculturalism jibe, you are very wrong about that but that's upto you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not in any particular order but-
Affordable decent property, the affordable bit is probably never going to happen but it is being kept artificially high at the moment due to the large influx of people that has happened.
Good schools that are not overcrowded. My personal belief is that having schools where a high percentage of children do not have English as their first language is impacting on the education of others.
GP surgeries where you have access to appointments when needed, a lot of surgeries are bursting at the seams.
Hospitals that are not overstretched. My local hospitals are Lewisham and king's college, any time I have been there the waiting rooms are full of mainly foreigners. You may find that racist or a generalisation, when I'm just stating the truth. I'm sure there are people on here who have attended these hospitals a few times, I'm happy to be called a liar.
Proper Jobs. By that I don't mean zero hour contracts as they are simply not feasible for people with families whom need to have a certain amount of income per week, that's where they may as well be on benefits. Especially considering the rents in London. Also hourly rates that have not been brought down by a large influx of cheap labour.
Nice people, speaks for itself really.

There are quite a few other things but those are the main one's. As for the monoculturalism jibe, you are very wrong about that but that's upto you.

All seems pretty reasonable and similar to most others.

The only difference I see here is that you seem to be blaming immigration for these things not happening (hence the mono cultural jibe, apologies for that btw) whereas I blame a lack of sufficient funding and concern over decades by successive governments.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

It's to be expected that i avoid your question ? Really? I've never avoided a question from you on here , as to the question itself , pretty much what swillis said , it wasn't ever monocultural when I lived there , but it wasn't like it is now when you could be in Pakistan , or it certainly feels like it , and call me racist all you like , a lot of the Pakistanis just want to recreate Pakistan except with a health service , education and social housing , and they bring their shit disgusting third world habits with them.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Why are you bothering. You are talking to people who think that a few poncey wine bars and restaurants is the sign of a good area. High house prices do not equate to an overall high standard of living. Most of the people accusing you of being a racist I would wager think themselves as trendy and multicultural etc. All the time ignoring the effect of uncontrolled immigration. It's a poin The tless argument you are trying to have, as they will just throw the racist card at you.
To sum up, Tooting is a shithole!
I don't know mate.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

The only difference I see here is that you seem to be blaming immigration for these things not happening (hence the mono cultural jibe, apologies for that btw)
If you decide de to have 10 kids and can't afford to feed and clothe them properly , it's because you don't have sufficient funding , you should've stopped at 3 then funding wouldn't be a problem , the same applies with services.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

The only difference I see here is that you seem to be blaming immigration for these things not happening (hence the mono cultural jibe, apologies for that btw) whereas I blame a lack of sufficient funding and concern over decades by successive governments.

I'm not sure that money would even solve the problem, it will not give us more space, more doctors, more hospitals, more schools etc I also don't believe the immigration number's, I think they are far more than they say. They also say that immigrants pay in more than they take out, I don't buy that either. In fact I would love to see the figures.
I no longer care about London to be honest, it's to far gone for anything to be done about it. As soon as my youngest has finished school I am out of here, East Londoners go further East, South Londoners (the best ones) go further South etc
I have my haircut in a West Indian barbers, friend of my girlfriend's dad. You want to hear their views on immigration if you think that Alfred's are extreme.
The new breed of immigrants do not want to integrate, they want to live in their own communities. I will be glad when me and my family are out of it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm not sure that money would even solve the problem, it will not give us more space, more doctors, more hospitals, more schools etc I also don't believe the immigration number's, I think they are far more than they say. They also say that immigrants pay in more than they take out, I don't buy that either. In fact I would love to see the figures.
I no longer care about London to be honest, it's to far gone for anything to be done about it. As soon as my youngest has finished school I am out of here, East Londoners go further East, South Londoners (the best ones) go further South etc
I have my haircut in a West Indian barbers, friend of my girlfriend's dad. You want to hear their views on immigration if you think that Alfred's are extreme.
The new breed of immigrants do not want to integrate, they want to live in their own communities. I will be glad when me and my family are out of it.

Spot on mate , left for the last time in 2010, wild horses wouldn't drag me back , and to think some of the idiots on here would be happy if brighton/Sussex were more "vibrant" like London :facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Don't touch the cheese Smiffy............its all gone bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here