Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Central defender Ben Hall signs from Motherwell for an undisclosed fee on a 2-year deal

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
‘Well boss Mark McGhee added: “We are obviously disappointed Ben has chosen Brighton, but this is further vindication of our policy at the club of developing young talent and should give hope to the youngsters currently at the club and in the Academy.

“We have been in discussions with Ben for the best part of five months, however, we have always been conscious that this may happen and as such, have been working on a replacement, which we hope to announce soon.

“Ben has done well, and we wish him well in the English Championship, but his departure provides an opportunity for someone else to hopefully make a similar sort of impact.”

:moo:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Pleased to hear this, welcome Ben.

It's good that a compatriot like Bong is around to help him settle.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Promising signing. Hope he does as well as his compatriot, Mark Lawrenson.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We have seen too many"exciting young prospects" fail to make the grade and slip away to lower or non league football. So I refuse to be hopeful until I see him in the first team .
Still, let's keep an open mind and we certainly wish him well.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope he does better than Shaun Hutchinson (Motherwell to Fulham).

Not that I thought that Shaun Hutchinson was too bad, but he can't have been good if he didn't make the Fulham defence and has been released on a free transfer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Ben. Good luck in your bid for first team football...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
ALBION ADD DEFENSIVE PROSPECT

Brighton & Hove Albion have signed young defender Ben Hall from Mark McGhee's Motherwell for an undisclosed fee.
Good: quietly going about our close-season business. Welcome Ben, and hope you do well here.

.....but ...

"He will begin the season with our under-21 squad, but his challenge, along with the others, is to push on and progress into our first-team squad.".
That does sound pretty much like what was said around about this time last year about Harper and Hambo.........

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton and Hove Albion have signed Ben Hall from Motherwell, paying over £200,000 in training compensation for the teenager.

The 19-year-old defender will join the English Championship club's under 21 ranks, signing a two-year deal with the Seagulls.

Hall was trained by Motherwell since joining in the summer of 2013. As Brighton are classed a category I club Motherwell will receive €90,000 for each of the years trained with them. At today's conversation rate that works out at around £214,000 in compensation.

Source: http://stv.tv/sport/football/135735...er-ben-hall-from-motherwell-on-two-year-deal/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good: quietly going about our close-season business. Welcome Ben, and hope you do well here.

.....but ...

That does sound pretty much like what was said around about this time last year about Harper and Hambo.........

Yep. And why do you think the injured (a lot) Harper/Hambo didn't appear in our first team squad last season that finished 3rd, with 89 points and 72 goals. ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion have signed Ben Hall from Motherwell, paying over £200,000 in training compensation for the teenager.

The 19-year-old defender will join the English Championship club's under 21 ranks, signing a two-year deal with the Seagulls.

Hall was trained by Motherwell since joining in the summer of 2013. As Brighton are classed a category I club Motherwell will receive €90,000 for each of the years trained with them. At today's conversation rate that works out at around £214,000 in compensation.

Source: http://stv.tv/sport/football/135735...er-ben-hall-from-motherwell-on-two-year-deal/

Cunning of us to wait for the pound to drop :moo:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Best of luck, bet the lad can't wait to join up, having heard so much about us from his countryman, Jiri Skalak

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Will we still sign another 1st team centre back or will that be it? (Assuming dunk stays).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here