Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To anyone voting remain

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Clear evidence you haven't been paying attention to the debates. The Leave campaigners wrote the book when it came to scare stories and lying. Such a shame the Remain campaign jumped into the same vat of political sludge.

As for the original question - either it was a rhetorical question (rendering it meaningless), or he simply doesn't understand the basics of the EU.

Either way, dumb post.

Think you will find the scaremongering was initially started by the remain team and if you believe it I feel very sorry for you. Which in my eyes is also very dumb.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don't think you can really say that the Remain campaign has been 'calm'. Some of it has been just as dumb and hysterical as the Leave campaign.

However, seeing as every point that the Leave group has made throughout the entire campaign has been destroyed either through pointing out that the UK parlimanent is no better or uncovering the silly lies associated with their campaign, and that they (a) don't have a real argument of ideals that makes it a good idea for the UK to leave and (b) haven't said how they intend to make the UK better, how the economy will function, how their the UK's place on the international stage from a position of isolationism (making 'our own decisions' really isn't a reason in itself to leave) will make the UK better off, they have fallen way short in their arguments.

Ok when will WW3 start as stated by the remain team another dumb scare story

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Because being a part of the EU provides many different links to Europe, benefits, and so on, none of which require a single currency. Meaning it isn't a contradiction to want all, most or some of those links, while not wanting to change currency, and makes it pointless to try to suggest people are somehow wrong to want to remain in Europe when they want to avoid joining the euro.

So in short maintain the status quo. so the unelected. undemocratic. bureaucratic. dictatorial self appointed elite with four presidents and 67 EU laws regarding pillow cases carry on getting their obscene guaranteed lifetime salary's expenses and pensions while the rest of us walk around with a sack over our head for fear of change
I am old enough to have voted yes all those years ago to the COMMON MARKET. I didn't sign up to a federal dictatorship. the very fact that we cant vote any of them out even if we knew who they were is just wrong

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So in short maintain the status quo. so the unelected. undemocratic. bureaucratic. dictatorial self appointed elite with four presidents and 67 EU laws regarding pillow cases carry on getting their obscene guaranteed lifetime salary's expenses and pensions while the rest of us walk around with a sack over our head for fear of change
I am old enough to have voted yes all those years ago to the COMMON MARKET. I didn't sign up to a federal dictatorship. the very fact that we cant vote any of them out even if we knew who they were is just wrong

That all has nothing to do with my point. I am simply addressing your flawed thinking in linking wanting to be a member of EU and not wanting to use the Euro to undermine the position of those that want to stay. They are not linked, so your question is pointless.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
That all has nothing to do with my point. I am simply addressing your flawed thinking in linking wanting to be a member of EU and not wanting to use the Euro to undermine the position of those that want to stay. They are not linked, so your question is pointless.

How idiotic of course they are linked. you wouldn't want the euro but your scared
of change your point of view confirms it. better to jump from a burning ship and learn to swim

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How idiotic of course they are linked. you wouldn't want the euro but your scared
of change your point of view confirms it. better to jump from a burning ship and learn to swim

Huh. Insults. Perhaps that's an indication that I'm wasting my time using logic.

The (supposed) benefits of being a part of the european union are not intrinsically linked to the euro.
The (supposed) benefits of being a part of the european uniond do not require us to use the euro.
Adopting the euro is not a requirement of remaining in the EU.

Thus it is easy and in no way contradictory to want to remain in the EU, while not wanting to adopt the Euro.

I don't know how much more plainly I can put this. So I guess if you're going to insist there is a link when their blatantly is not one, I will just stop wasting my time.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Huh. Insults. Perhaps that's an indication that I'm wasting my time using logic.

The (supposed) benefits of being a part of the european union are not intrinsically linked to the euro.
The (supposed) benefits of being a part of the european uniond do not require us to use the euro.
Adopting the euro is not a requirement of remaining in the EU.

Thus it is easy and in no way contradictory to want to remain in the EU, while not wanting to adopt the Euro.

I don't know how much more plainly I can put this. So I guess if you're going to insist there is a link when their blatantly is not one, I will just stop wasting my time.[/QUOTE

no insult intended apologies if taken that way.
no one I speak to who wants to remain can answer my question why would you not want the euro?. I and they know why that is. its because the answer contradicts the very reasons they want to remain
nice talking to you

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because being a part of the EU provides many different links to Europe, benefits, and so on, none of which require a single currency. Meaning it isn't a contradiction to want all, most or some of those links, while not wanting to change currency, and makes it pointless to try to suggest people are somehow wrong to want to remain in Europe when they want to avoid joining the euro.

I don't think you can really say that the Remain campaign has been 'calm'. Some of it has been just as dumb and hysterical as the Leave campaign.

However, seeing as every point that the Leave group has made throughout the entire campaign has been destroyed either through pointing out that the UK parlimanent is no better or uncovering the silly lies associated with their campaign, and that they (a) don't have a real argument of ideals that makes it a good idea for the UK to leave and (b) haven't said how they intend to make the UK better, how the economy will function, how their the UK's place on the international stage from a position of isolationism (making 'our own decisions' really isn't a reason in itself to leave) will make the UK better off, they have fallen way short in their arguments.

Sorry, I meant the Remain voters not the Remain campaigners. I know plenty of people voting to stay in. They don't feel the need to write half a dozen Facebook posts a day about how great Europe is or retweet anything with a hashtag that agrees with their way of thinking. They don't need to drive around with an EU fkag in their car unlike the bloke opposite my son's school who has a massive trailer with a Vote Leave card, an England flag and a UKIP flag that he takes everywhere. They aren't the ones starting threads on here even. Most people voting remain are just going to quietly do it. For some reason the leavers feel a need to tell everyone about it all the time.

The Remain campaign, I'll grant you has been a disgrace but then again it's more about Cameron fighting for his job.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, I meant the Remain voters not the Remain campaigners. I know plenty of people voting to stay in. They don't feel the need to write half a dozen Facebook posts a day about how great Europe is or retweet anything with a hashtag that agrees with their way of thinking. They don't need to drive around with an EU fkag in their car unlike the bloke opposite my son's school who has a massive trailer with a Vote Leave card, an England flag and a UKIP flag that he takes everywhere. They aren't the ones starting threads on here even. Most people voting remain are just going to quietly do it. For some reason the leavers feel a need to tell everyone about it all the time.

The Remain campaign, I'll grant you has been a disgrace but then again it's more about Cameron fighting for his job.

I've seen an increase in England flags on cars, I had just assumed that was to do with the football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here