Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see us being in for Vydra now we have Locadia.

What we need to do is focus our resources on finding a Harry Kane-style forward. I really like the look of the lad on loan at Celtic from PSG - Odsonne Edouard. Him, Locadia and Izquierdo would have plenty of strength, pace and power.

theboybilly

While his recruitment strategy is obviously working for him Sean Dyche seems to go for solid 'safe' players that fit his system. He certainly doesn't seem to cast a wide net in the hope of finding a nugget. I rather like the way our backroom team are going about their business now but only time will tell.

albionite

May 20, 2009
it's a terrible signing. one good season years ago!

Ive not seen him play recently but he scored 21 goals last season.

I’m not sure if he will fit into the way Burnley play, but they have done well so far buying championship strikers who can score in the premier league.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I rate Vydra as a very good Championship striker but question marks over his Prem ability.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Good deal for us, good deal for Vydra, I think if you top score in the championship you probably deserve a shot at the PL. If they play him off Wood then it gives him a chance and I guess we'll see how good he is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good deal for us, good deal for Vydra, I think if you top score in the championship you probably deserve a shot at the PL. If they play him off Wood then it gives him a chance and I guess we'll see how good he is.

Always liked him myself and I’ll go against the grain and say he’ll probably do quite well at Burnley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always liked him myself and I’ll go against the grain and say he’ll probably do quite well at Burnley.

Despite all my mocking, for me Vydra 'doing quite well' is entirely dependent on the 'undisclosed' fee.

Slotting in a handful of knockdowns are well worth a couple of million & say £30k a week (a frankly ridiculous statement, but that the EPL) but I don't think it'll take much for this deal to get out of hand.

Since when was Wells at Burnley?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Despite all my mocking, for me Vydra 'doing quite well' is entirely dependent on the 'undisclosed' fee.

Slotting in a handful of knockdowns are well worth a couple of million & say £30k a week (a frankly ridiculous statement, but that the EPL) but I don't think it'll take much for this deal to get out of hand.

Since when was Wells at Burnley?

last season ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is this instead of J-Rod ? Or as well as ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here