Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Worth a punt?

He was easily Reading's best player when we last played, and I think would score goals for fun at this level in the right team.

Play him up alongside Hemed and that's a excellent strike partnership, and then put Baldock in reserve.

Reading had a clause in their loan to buy him for 10 million if they went up, although Watford don't need him any more, so the price might drop. If we get 10 million for Dunk, I don't see why forking out 7-ish million (...I know) won't be a good investment.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Worth a punt?

He was easily Reading's best player when we last played, and I think would score goals for fun at this level in the right team.

Play him up alongside Hemed and that's a excellent strike partnership, and then put Baldock in reserve.

Reading had a clause in their loan to buy him for 10 million if they went up, although Watford don't need him any more, so the price might drop. If we get 10 million for Dunk, I don't see why forking out 7-ish million (...I know) won't be a good investment.

That's a very good shout. I'm surprised no one had thought of it before!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not only have I heard of him, I've even seen him play.

Therefore that's an emphatic NO from me.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Worth a punt?

He might have been Reading's best player against us but he was woeful in many other matches. Don't forget the last gasp sitter he missed v Boro that should have seen them drop 3 points and we all know the scenario then.
Reading fans said that he appeared listless and disinterested in the back half of the season, despite being paid a helluva lot of dosh and supposedly being in the shop window. Good player, quick as anyone but drifts out of games and allows the head to drop a little too easily.

albionite

May 20, 2009
He might have been Reading's best player against us but he was woeful in many other matches. Don't forget the last gasp sitter he missed v Boro that should have seen them drop 3 points and we all know the scenario then.
Reading fans said that he appeared listless and disinterested in the back half of the season, despite being paid a helluva lot of dosh and supposedly being in the shop window. Good player, quick as anyone but drifts out of games and allows the head to drop a little too easily.

Apart from the money didn't he go there to play for the manager who he played with before. Might of been less interested when clarke got the sack

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Steven Berghuis, Obbi Oulare or that Ranegie guy should also be worth a look if we're looking for attacking players from Watford

Sent from popcorn packets for NSC binfests

Worth a punt?

10 million for Dunk?
Are you pissed?
Wouldn't give my bus fare home for that whinging prick.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id be delighted to get vydra :)

but it I get told of for keep mentioning him along with Murray ;-)

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Was great whilst with Watford getting them promoted but didn't exactly set the league on fire with Reading.
Worth £3.5 million tops!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Apart from the money didn't he go there to play for the manager who he played with before. Might of been less interested when clarke got the sack

I can understand possibly saying ''a manager didn't get the best out of him'' but if the former is true and he didn't play for the new manager, why would you want him ? The same could happen here if he doesn't like the manager. A player should put in a shift and play for himself first and foremost.

Anyhow I think it might be someone different who is on our radar.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
10 million for Dunk?
Are you pissed?
Wouldn't give my bus fare home for that whinging prick.

Tend to agree on every count.

Although I rate Dunk very highly there is mo way that any central defender in the Championship is going to fetch that sort of money.

No way either would I want Vydra anywhere near our dressing room. He would destroy team morale, and our #together ethic.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We all know Vydra was awesome when he played for Watford at the AMEX.

But signing players because they played well in a game against us is something we've done before, hasn't ever worked out, and is hopefully something we no longer do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here