Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why the hell do we find it so difficult to sign a decent striker? Our track record in this respect over the past few years is v poor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why the hell do we find it so difficult to sign a decent striker? Our track record in this respect over the past few years is v poor.

I wish I bookmarked the list of all AMEX era strikers, that someone here produced.

It was an amazingly depressing list of the useless, forgotten, pre and post failure strikers you're ever going to read.
Plus Ulloa.

Reading Fan

Aug 22, 2016
Would you take Bent or Blackman off of their hands I am not sure as Bent is similar to Hemed and Murray but Blackman could do the no 10 job but is he a 1 season wonder?

Blackman is a player that will divide opinion. For me, he is not a player for a team who aspires to be in the top two.

He doesn't work for the team. He's very selfish, poor attitude and doesn't defend from the front. To be top 2 you need more than what Blackman offers. He scored goals for Reading but overall Reading were poor.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Because the sort of strikers that are all but guaranteed to succeed are way beyond a sensible budget.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
From these quotes you'd think Derby had signed someone for their dev squad!

"GOOD ability to exploit space with his pace" (bare rhymes btw)
"PRETTY HEALTHY goals record"

[tweet]770229884933242880[/tweet]

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Chovcnec added: “Brighton are scoring, they are winning, they are getting points, they don’t need any other strikers.

"I told Paul also during our discussion why do you need another striker?

"You already have Bobby Zamora and other main strikers. I don’t want my player on the bench!"

Brighton's bench didn't suit his agent, Derby's on the other hand...

(although I cannot see a £8M signing rotting on the bench but I think all the other strikers have something to say as well)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What the hell, in for a penny. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another stupid bounce by another spammer
Be fair if we're gonna have Bamford, Ulloa & Wilson on the first page, it would be just rude to not invite Matej to the party.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's a no from me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Be fair if we're gonna have Bamford, Ulloa & Wilson on the first page, it would be just rude to not invite Matej to the party.

Don’t get the bounces either - people log in and assume there’s rumours or stories - just seems pointless tbh.

But I like you, so i’ll let you off ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of all the resurrected threads of strikers from the past this is the one I’d STILL be happy for us to sign, if we give up on paying the going rate for top strikers, which I think we probably will.

Certainly better than nobody?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here